Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: N. Korea agrees to Disband nuclear program.

I heard on the radio today that N. Korea has already completely refuted what they said yesterday and are now demanding a light-water nuclear reactor from the U.S. in exchange for cessation of their nuclear program.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf165
    I heard on the radio today that N. Korea has already completely refuted what they said yesterday and are now demanding a light-water nuclear reactor from the U.S. in exchange for cessation of their nuclear program.

^^^ Bound to happen, classic good cop/bad cop diplomacy. They're gonna play this until Kim gets more energy from the South and $$ from the world community.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^Well since they want the reactor, I made arrangements to have the components delivered...as you can observe here with photo. I let him know where to go to receive the parts

http://www.globalaircraft.org/photo.../B-52_large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^Well since they want the reactor, I made arrangements to have the components delivered...as you can observe here with photo. I let him know where to go to receive the parts

http://www.globalaircraft.org/photo.../B-52_large.jpg
    404 Error - Page Not Found
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^Damn. That must be the pics of the grateful N Koreans. Here is the delivery

http://www.danshistory.com/b52_3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^Damn. That must be the pics of the grateful N Koreans. Here is the delivery

http://www.danshistory.com/b52_3.jpg

^^^ Naw, I would not use a BUF to "deliver" the goods. A single "delivery" from a B2 would be much more accurate. No need for him to travel. Just have him stay put for an hour or two. We'll deliver the goodies right to his doorstep. :P

-The Gipper

North Korea has agreed to halt their nuclear weapons program in return for food.

The US will send Korea some 240,000 metric tons of food in exchange for Kim Jr. stopping the nuclear weapons program.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/world/...eal/index.html

As I have said here previously, I am extremely suspicious of the NK claim that they had nukes at all. 95% of the country doesn't have electricity and the places where there are electricity, it's shut off at 6pm every night. I don't know how a country like that enriches uranium on their own. It took the greatest minds in the United States to develop nuclear weapons and later thermonuclear weapons. How does a country of starving, poor people, most of whom don't have electricity even develop the brain trust in order to create nuclear fusion or even fission. We know from the WikiLeaks cables that China is just as concerned about North Korea as we are. I have maintained for years that all these "nuclear tests" from North Korea are just massive amounts of TNT being set-off in order to fool the West and scare South Korea.

That said, it probably is good news that the Kims are done fooling around with nukes for now.

I hope this is a sign that Kim Jong-un is interested in making North Korea more than the concentration camp that his father and grandfather turned it into.
    Last edited by Keven; 03-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.

It's deja-vu all over again.

It would be nice to think that one day soon, enough North Koreans will decide they're fed up of living as slaves in a Marxist theme park and do something about it. It was exactly this feeling that led to collapse of the European Eastern Bloc regimes in the late 80s.

You wonder how cut off from reality the North Koreans are though. They're in a form of locked-in syndrome as far as I can see. Everyone is afraid of each other, afraid to step out of line or deviate in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    It's deja-vu all over again.

It would be nice to think that one day soon, enough North Koreans will decide they're fed up of living as slaves in a Marxist theme park and do something about it. It was exactly this feeling that led to collapse of the European Eastern Bloc regimes in the late 80s.

You wonder how cut off from reality the North Koreans are though. They're in a form of locked-in syndrome as far as I can see. Everyone is afraid of each other, afraid to step out of line or deviate in any way.
    I would love to see the North Koreans overthrow the Communists, but I dunno if it will happen. When you hear things about how malnourished the average North Korean is and how after generations they're shorter than the average South Korea, I just can't imagine that population having the strength or will to rise up against their government. That plus the fact that North Koreans are poorly educated and think that the Supreme Leader is some kind of god. I mean, I believe the East Europeans were at least getting bootleg exposure to Western media and ideas.

I think it was Krauthammer who said last night that this "new deal" talks about uranium enrichment... but the North Koreans build their bombs using plutonium.

That would be par for the course.

Even though North Korea is famous for making ridiculous claims and doing ridiculous things I would not be suprised if they were making progress on nuclear weaponry.

One of the reasons their people eat grass and clay and live in darkness is because 99.99% of the country's budget goes into the military and providing for the .01% of the population first.

After reading the book "Eyes of the Tailless Animals" about a north korean woman who was improsoned in the camps for not even commiting a crime and who eventually escapes to south korea (AMAZING read), its hard not to feel extremely sorry for them.

I subscribe the the Ron Paul opinion of not policing the world but when you have the holocaust on crack going on for 50 years you really cant not feel sick letting it happen.

I dont think we should supply them with anything or make any deals with them. That food is just going to go into kim's fat mouth and nowhere else, and that nuclear plan is still going to happen. Really do not need to be supporting such atrocities. Id rather we went to war with them than help them, because the people will always suffer in that enviroment.
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 03-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Ron Paul
    Aaaaaand drink.

It's the TLR drinking game, every time Ron Paul is mentioned, take a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Aaaaaand drink.

It's the TLR drinking game, every time Ron Paul is mentioned, take a shot.
    Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul

I can now win debates by causing the opposition to pass out drunk

Time to raise this thread from the vault now that NK is back at the table...

American Hostages En Route Home Doesn't Stop CNN Interview With Stormy's Lawyer

I'll start..

-The Gipper

Pompeo's a snarky wordsmith.