Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: Seriously Considering 6800nu

what about 345/800?

No go. I tried decreasing 5/10 MHZ dowm from 345/800 and it just does not want to go any higher. I didn't get any graphics glitch but I did get short periods of lockups.
    I almost think it's got some kind of anti-OC on it. XFX must have boughten some cheaper components on this card.

Investigating this. Found out how to make Riva Tuner properly display the core clock (if you'll recall I could not get the Riva Tuner Monitor to admit that I had increased the clock). I need to also adjust the 2-d engine clock. WTF? Apparently these things are seperetly clocked. Whatever. Anyway, I can now properly see the behavior of the clock and there is indeed some kind of throttling going on.
    From what I can tell on the net this is a safety feature of these newer cards to prevent system instability. What's cool is that it reduces hangs and manual restarts by throttling the clock back and somewhat reinitializing the driver so that you can continue (albeit at a lower performance rate) instead of having to reboot your PC from a hang screen.
    I suspect that the system may be unstable from the unlocking of the pipes. I need to relock these extras and see if I can overclock then. I would have tried this last night but it was past midnight before I figured it out and I was kinda sleepy
    Guess I know what I'm doing tonight though

Well, that's a big negative. This thing just won't overclock.
    Returned the card to stock settings. Can't OC so much as 10 MHZ.
    Thing is I'm not sure if it is the card that's at fault or the rest of the rig. I know my PC isn't as stable as it used to be after my pin bending fest. I also wonder about the main board as well.
    I may get a new main board just to put my mind at ease. There are still some pretty nice NF3 boards out there for not too much money and I'd rather see that be the culpret than my CPU

Well... there's a few NF3 boards left out there anyway...

Stay away from nf3 boards with the 6800 series. Trust me my gf's gigabyte board is not liking my 6800nu at all. I get alot of lockups on that board. That is why I am getting rid of her gigabyte board.

Also that is a real low overclock. My bfg hits 400/800 easily but the stock heatsink aint up to snuff though. Just something to think about. I wasn't able to unlock anything but it did fly through 3dmark 05 with scores over 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by dudecat64
    Stay away from nf3 boards with the 6800 series. Trust me my gf's gigabyte board is not liking my 6800nu at all. I get alot of lockups on that board. That is why I am getting rid of her gigabyte board.

My 6800 works great on my MSI K8N Neo NF3 board. Not one lock up yet. Maybe the LE series is the difference.
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

Quote Originally Posted by dudecat64
    I've got other problems that were present before I got this 6800.
    Also, I realized last night that this board is still under warrenty so I'm gonna do a little RMA action on it and get it replaced. Might as well try that out before I spend the cash on a new board.