Value of a 3U Rackmount PC Case (Router?)? .....ANYBODY?

3U Rackmount case.

It measures 5.25 high x 17.25 wide (not including the flanges) and 15.75 deep.

Intel (i think) mobo, a Pentium III (again I think) of unknown speed. looks like 32mb of RAM and a Hitachi 40gig hard drive. no disk drives,

I think it is setup as a router as it has 3 network cards in it and it has small leds on the front of the case, that are stenciled WAN, LAN1, LAN2 and LAN3.

it is running Linux Mandrake 8.0, Unit is BRAND NEW. Unit was being installed as part of a wireless networking system in a hotel, Unit will not complete the boot up sequence and was replaced instead of trying to repair. It was plugged in for a whole of about 10 minutes.

It has some minor scrapes in the paint on the front where it was put on its face on a concrete floor, but nothing other than a little cosmetics, no dents no dings, NO DUST....like i said it was brand new!

PICS HERE http://heartland.photosite.com/case/# (slideshow shows full screen for good veiwing)

this appears to be the manufacturer of the case (and maybe the entire unit) and they have the details of the case particulars there http://www.chassis-plans.com/rackmou...c-chassis.html

I tinkered with it for a few minutes. It comes on, posts, and tries to boot Mandrake, but i know practically nothing of linux troubleshooting, much less command line with prolly some custom "router" build. it boots up saying stuff about mail servers and trying to find ips and such....

Was curious to know how much this unit is worth, as a whole or just the case by itself.

thanks
    Last edited by StompinRound; 10-22-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Re: How much, 4U Rackmount PC

Would love to see some pics of this if you don't mind. Also, if you could give me a link so I can look at specs on it, that would be great also. Thanks!

50-250 or mroe depending on the nut who needs the mobo

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

I do not know the manufacturer, it has a stencil on the bay cover for the optical drive that says Goldentree Communications. that is the name of the company that installed the stuff

i will try and check closer if there are any model #s to google in the morning when i get home and post some pics.

Re: How much, 4U Rackmount PC > PICS ADDED <

uploaded some pics, see top post

I looked all over this thing and cannot find a model # or manufacturer anywhere (unless maybe it is under the mobo or something....)

hmm, i think i may have found it..

http://www.chassis-plans.com/rackmou...c-chassis.html

but no pricing info
    Last edited by StompinRound; 10-20-2005 at 11:45 AM.

Nice unit! Let me know what your asking price is. That is, if you are going to sell it.

well i dont really know what to ask for it.

I had originally snagged it thinking it would be a good HTPC case, but have since decided i want a CoolerMaster HTPC case.

and should i piece it out and sell the case and parts separate or sell it whole as is,

"50 - 250 or more" is a pretty broad price range
    Last edited by StompinRound; 10-23-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Well if you part it out let me know. I am interested in the case with the case fans in it. I have 2 projects I want to work on and this case I think will be useful.

Re: Value of a 3U Rackmount PC Case (Router?)? .....ANYBODY?

Anybody

care to guess approximate value of this case?

what should I ask for it to sell, or should i just put it on ebay auction and see what it goes for?

Re: Value of a 3U Rackmount PC Case (Router?)? .....ANYBODY?

Well ok,

I guess am gonna strip it down and make a basic pc with the internals, prolly a light linux box...get a few extra points folding

the chassis parts people say the case is $ 95 new with no PSU, so...

I guess i will go with about $50 for PSU and Case, prolly $60 shipped (once i figure up what the shipping costs are)

Fords8, I will PM you to let you know when i get it all figured out and posted in my FS thread in the trading post here
    Last edited by StompinRound; 11-06-2005 at 11:07 AM.