Re: PC Perspective Einstein@Home Team

50K says I'm ok....

w00t.......

Congrats man! Well done!

Also would like to welcome a new team member:

RaginSteveK

WELCOME!
    Good to have another member. I also noticed that our team name has changed? Guh? We are now the PC Perspective Killer Frogs? Does that mean we get a custom tag under our names now like the SETI guys?

Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk
    I also noticed that our team name has changed? Guh? We are now the PC Perspective Killer Frogs? Does that mean we get a custom tag under our names now like the SETI guys?
    We have changed the name to be in keeping with other boinc based projects so that when you view our team boinc stats, it shows combined stats from all our projects. Einstein was the odd one out because it actually had the project name in the team name title - we just didn't think very hard about this when we originally set the team name up. All new boinc based teams from now on will use the same uniform team name for the same reason - it unifies all our stats under one team name.

Now we can compare our progress against other teams in boinc overall as well as in each individual project.

The forum tag for seti frogs is a separate thing - it's done through usergroups here on the forum. If individual boinc based projects (Einstein, Predictor etc) want one, just ask and I'm sure we can set it up

Ned

Hey that is cool! I am/we are now part of a bigger team. Now there can be more competition. I am 20th overall between ALL the projects Going to move up!

An Einstein usergroup would be pretty cool to have in my opinion.

An Einstein usergroup would be pretty cool to have in my opinion.
    I'll ask Wise what we can do on that front

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Caprid
    50K says I'm ok....

w00t.......

Crunch on!

Hey that is cool! I am/we are now part of a bigger team. Now there can be more competition. I am 20th overall between ALL the projects Going to move up!
    Where'd you find the combined stats?

BTW, you're rapidly approaching the top 500 in Einstein! Nice crunching!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs Einstein@Home Team

Awesome crunching guys.

Well it looks like because of the merge exact numbers seem alittle off but I am sure that will setting down over the coming days.

Here we are overall as a team against all the other BOINC teams. We are 31st!
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...st=0&to=100#31

I REALLY want to take down 2CPU.com. REALLY REALLY

Here is how all the Frogs rank against one another on the whole BOINC team (thats neat we are now fellow Frogs!).
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...0&teamid=30556

I am going to try and get another cruncher or 2 online this week/weekend. Whick do you think will be better...a 1GHz Athlon or a 1.8GHz P4. I am thinking the Athlon but I thought I would ask.

Cool, thanks for the links!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Here we are overall as a team against all the other BOINC teams. We are 31st!
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...st=0&to=100#31

I REALLY want to take down 2CPU.com. REALLY REALLY

Here is how all the Frogs rank against one another on the whole BOINC team (thats neat we are now fellow Frogs!).
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/boin...0&teamid=30556

I am going to try and get another cruncher or 2 online this week/weekend. Whick do you think will be better...a 1GHz Athlon or a 1.8GHz P4. I am thinking the Athlon but I thought I would ask.
    Nice links

Neat that we can see team members ranked by total boinc credits regardless of which project they are crunching

I also liked the fact we moved up the rankings by 7000 places in one day

I'm guessing the boinc FAQ needs some serious updating (and those stats links would certainly be a good addition). I worte it over a year ago when I first tried out boinc/seti and so much has changed since. I guess it needs rewriting from a project independant viewpoint. Anyone want to volunteer to take it on?

Ned

Hey guys, I'm new here. I used to fold for the frogs, now I'm crunching Einstein for the Killer Frogs!

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi!
    AMD Athon64 X2 4800+
    ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium
    2 GB PC3200 Corsair XMS C2
    2X eVga 7800GTX KO SLI
    Disc0=74GB WD SATA Raptor, Disc1=250GB WD SATA, Disc2=120GB WD ATA
    PC Power & Cooling TurboCool 510 SLI PSU
    Windows XP Professional 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I used to fold for the frogs, now I'm crunching Einstein for the Killer Frogs!

Hi nelamvr6

Make yourself at home this side of the pond. If there's any advice you need for boinc related stuff, just ask away

Ned

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6

Hey man! Welcome to the exciting world of gravity wave hunting! Make yourself at home and i hope you enjoy your crunching experience!

Welcome Back nelamvr6!

The Duallie's back up and crunching hard! I see Dusty up ahead, napping in his lawn chair on his pad. Got to be real quiet like and don't make any waves least I wake him up and he puts a beating on me

Bump for a way to keep crunchers running(and have fun) while Seti goes through this outage. Plus our fellow team mates can always use a hand moving up the charts.

Calling all froggies needing wu`s to keep their rigs crunching. Register here:

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/create_account_form.php

Once you are resistered check e-mail for account # , then just look under your Projects tab in the Boinc interface and click attach to project, then put this address:

http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/

And your account #, thats it, you will be off and running. Go back to your user account and set preferences to what you desire. At this point(Seti being problematic) i would set Einstein to 90% and Seti to 10%.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I`ll check back later as i`m heading to bed soon.