Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: PC Perspective Killer Frogs Einstein@Home Team

I'd suggest a one month burn-in period with that bad boy. let us know when you get it!

We've got a new member! Welcome to the Dark Side MugwumpDillard!
    Although there's no optimized clients for Einstein, we've found that running optimized boinc clients increases your credit claims/grants. These seem to do real well:
    http://www.guntec.de/Crunch3r/boincx86.html

Just pick the right client for your cpu and follow the simple instructions.

Welcome aboard!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Welcome To the Darkside Joker

Hey guys,

I was looking at one of my P4's here and I noticed one of my work units has a much different name and the application listed to run it is albert 4.37 instead of the usual einstein 4.79. Anybody heard or know about it at all. Work time is about an hour estimated faster too.

Found it! Listed right on their webpage...should have looked there first.

December 25, 2005
    The new "Albert" search application seems to be working very well, so we are beginning to distribute thousands of "Albert" workunits. For more information, please see the this thread in the message boards. Happy holidays!!

December 23, 2005
    After almost five months of development and private testing, Einstein@Home will begin public testing and distribution of a new search application called "Albert". This is an improved and more sensitive version of the previous search code. Initially we will send out only a few hundred workunits for this new search, but if these are successful, we will begin broader distribution of these new workunits over the coming few days. If unexpected problems arise, please be patient, and look in the Problems and Bug Reports message board for additional information.

I got a couple of these queued up on the mpx2. Gonna have to read more about it, thanks!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout
    I got a couple of these queued up on the mpx2. Gonna have to read more about it, thanks!
    Didn't you notice? You just reached 200K

Right On!

Hey, didn't you say you went back to the non-optimized boinc client on your MP system? I've noticed a drop in credit since the swap and wondering if I should switch back too.

Take a Kid FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout
    Right On!

Hey, didn't you say you went back to the non-optimized boinc client on your MP system? I've noticed a drop in credit since the swap and wondering if I should switch back too.
    I didn't switch away from the optimized client. I am still running an optimized client but I am running the old 4.45 optimized instead of the 5.2.x client. I noticed that older Athlons on the 5.2.x optimized clients scored LOWER benchmarks than the 4.45 optimized client. I don't know why but thats what I noticed. Consequently, the requested credit is lower. The Bartons do better but the older ones (My 1GHz and 1800+MP's I think are Thunderbirds?) do worse for some reason. I wonder if Ned knows why?

hmm..wonder why my credit for the mpx2 is dropping then...so basically you're going with the client that yields the best benchmark then? I get a lot better benchmark with this 5.2.x client but the RAC has dropped.

Take a Kid FISHING!

congratz! thezfunk on slipping into the #2 spot

Great job thezfunk!!
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

Yes, excellent crunching thezfunk. Congratz.

Nice work Z!

Crunch on!

Take a Kid FISHING!

Thanks guys! I didn't even realize it. I have been in Lancaster, PA the past few days for work. Partied in Philly and saw the sights including the Mint, Independence Hall, and the Liberty Bell.

Hope you hooked up with a real Philly Cheese Steak whilst there. There ain't no better!