Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Cooler Master HTPC Case's

Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Well the old barton core didn't survive

I ordered the ASUS A8N-VM-CSM yesterday . Now I've got to save up to get the proc

Chris
    HTPC Box , Cooler Master RC 260 , ASUS A8N-VM-CSM , 512 mb X 2 Samsung DDR 400 , AMD 3200+ Venice core , Coolmax 350W fanless power supply , NEC 3550A DVD , Netgear WG311T wireless card , HD Maxtor QuickView 100GB SATA ,OS XP Pro with snapstream beyond tv link , Black Solid Year Wireless Keyboard ACK-573 and the imon / cooler master remote , logitech X-530 5.1 speaker system FOLDING FOR A CURE 24/7

Damn the luck!! New CPU's have heatspreaders...much safer!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

Re: New Cooler Master HTPC Case's update

Update

I have finally gotten this box finished and it is working very well . Final specs are as follows .

ASUS A8N-VM-CSM , 512 mb X 2 Samsung DDR 400 , AMD 3200+ Venice core , Coolmax 350W fanless power supply , NEC 3550A DVD , Netgear WG311T wireless card , HD Maxtor QuickView 100GB SATA ,OS XP Pro with snapstream beyond tv link , Black Solid Year Wireless Keyboard ACK-573 and the imon / cooler master remote , logitech X-530 5.1 speaker system .

This system is hooked up to my VIZIO 32" LCD TV that I got at Sams a while back .

I had only had one minor problem while putting it together this time . The coolmax psu is longer and thicker than a normal psu . When installing the top stiffener / riser card holder I found I had no clearance . Enter the dremel tool with a cut off wheel One careful cut later and I had plenty of clearance This power supply was worth the extra work as it is silent . This case comes with 3 small case fan's that run very quite . The loudest thing is the proc fan .

The remote has more functions than I will use but still nice to have them . Lay out is pretty good and it has excellent range .

The keyboard that I decided on can be found here . It measure's 13.5 " X 6.75 " X 1 "
    This with the remote is a good combination .
    Later I will be adding a tuner card and a large hd .

IMHO coolermaster has a definite winner especially if you want a case that can handle a full size mother board .

To Uncle Bob and everyone else thanks for the help and advice .

Chris
    HTPC Box , Cooler Master RC 260 , ASUS A8N-VM-CSM , 512 mb X 2 Samsung DDR 400 , AMD 3200+ Venice core , Coolmax 350W fanless power supply , NEC 3550A DVD , Netgear WG311T wireless card , HD Maxtor QuickView 100GB SATA ,OS XP Pro with snapstream beyond tv link , Black Solid Year Wireless Keyboard ACK-573 and the imon / cooler master remote , logitech X-530 5.1 speaker system FOLDING FOR A CURE 24/7

You are very welcome indeed! I'm hoping to get the same board in my HTPC soon!

Spoiler!

Cool keyboard as well!!

Spoiler!