49. You may not vote on this poll
  • It sucks now

47 95.92%
  • its still good

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL sucks now?

SNL sucks now?

I've been watching it since I was a kid in the 80's. I've kind of decided that its not even worth trying to watch anymore. As far as I can remember in the past couple years, there is not been one act where I have actually laughed. (besides dumb girls blaming their lipsinking on their band.. that was very funny) The cast just flat out sucks and the writing is horrable now.

What do you guys think? Do you still like it or do you think its ripe for cancellation like I do?
    http://dustsmoke.com/images/dustsmoke_logo.gif

Re: SNL sucks now?

I agree for the reasons you mentioned.

They brought Ashlee Simpson back? WTF? Culturally irrelevant much?

it was a killa back when it was canadian,it was good up to like maybe yr 2k or so,maybe a lil bt earlier...to me it died with like the previous cast...

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Started watching it back in the 70's....John Belushi, Dan Akroid, Jane Curtain...and all the others in the EARLY years....Their the ones that really made the program!!!!!

Short time later, SCTV (Second City T.V.) kicked in with John Candy and others, made a good go of it for a while.

In Living Color was good too, the Wyans (who started with SNL) had a good program, not sure why it was canceled.

MAD TV....I find myself MILDLY amused at times.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see!

I actually like watching the reruns on Comedy Central better than watching a new episode....SNL seems like it belongs on MTV.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

SNL is nothing more than a shit TV show that promotes emo bands and pop stars. Like Justin says....it belongs on MTV. I havent found the show funny since the Adam Sandler/Norm McDonald/Chris Farley/David Spade/Chris Rock days.
    Last edited by midyxadryl; 10-23-2005 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    PCPer CAN'T have a dollar value attached. For those of us, PcPer is worthless!

I totally agree with it dieing with the last cast. The cast they have now is like a bunch of rejects from like all that on nickelodeon. They totally hyped up last nights show about Tina Fey being back on weekend update, and then i watch it, and i didn't laugh at all. weekend update used to be the only reason i watched it, but now, i duno. i guess i'll just have to wait until they bring back someone funny to host or something.

Damn, 15 votes all agree on one thing at PCPER!!!

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

hasnt been good since will ferrel left. him doing the alex trebek impersonations was the best

My Games Updated 9/12/05

Quote Originally Posted by trekrider
    Started watching it back in the 70's....John Belushi, Dan Akroid, Jane Curtain...and all the others in the EARLY years....Their the ones that really made the program!!!!!

Short time later, SCTV (Second City T.V.) kicked in with John Candy and others, made a good go of it for a while.

In Living Color was good too, the Wyans (who started with SNL) had a good program, not sure why it was canceled.

MAD TV....I find myself MILDLY amused at times.
    Yes, that was the good SNL Chevy, Murphy etc..

Living Color was great they made fun of everyone, no race was safe. Those Wayans are no idiots, a couple of them are musically schooled and are great performers. Ever see a movie called "Senseless" with the skinny, younger Wayan? Man, that was some funny shit..nothing like a purple, pimp suit. I saw that movie long ago when I had some work done on my teeth and it was painful to hold the laughs in.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

Quote Originally Posted by COMPn00b09
    I totally agree with it dieing with the last cast. The cast they have now is like a bunch of rejects from like all that on nickelodeon. They totally hyped up last nights show about Tina Fey being back on weekend update, and then i watch it, and i didn't laugh at all. weekend update used to be the only reason i watched it, but now, i duno. i guess i'll just have to wait until they bring back someone funny to host or something.
    I think a good portion of the suckage comes from tina fey coming back. You know she's the 'head writer' right? I don't know what she had to do to get that position and the spot on weekend update because she is the most boring person on the show. So I can only guess what she did do since it obviously wasn't from her ability in comedy.
    http://dustsmoke.com/images/dustsmoke_logo.gif

Quote Originally Posted by DustSmoke
    I think a good portion of the suckage comes from tina fey coming back. You know she's the 'head writer' right? I don't know what she had to do to get that position and the spot on weekend update because she is the most boring person on the show. So I can only guess what she did do since it obviously wasn't from her ability in comedy.
    What kind of moron hired her as the writer? Not only is the show non-funny, half of the skits are just plain gay. I think im done watching snl for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake88
    hasnt been good since will ferrel left. him doing the alex trebek impersonations was the best

exactly what i was going to say... oh yeah jimmy fallen sucks. just incase u are wondering

Quote Originally Posted by DustSmoke
    shes prolly good with her mouth.. i mena talking..u know....

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...