• It sucks now

47 95.92%
  • its still good

2 4.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL sucks now?

Re: SNL sucks now?

Quote Originally Posted by indign
    exactly what i was going to say... oh yeah jimmy fallen sucks. just incase u are wondering
    I think he got the job by using his mouth too. I can't think of one skit that he made it through without laughing for no reason.
    http://dustsmoke.com/images/dustsmoke_logo.gif

If you guys like the old good stuff? Heres a great site with a ton of stuff saved.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/

I never really liked SNL. I'm still a youngster, only watched it a few time here and there in some few years back. I always liked mad tv. Mad tv went downhill for a while but lately it has been picking up.

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring Banaaaaana phone

Last edited by a cat : yesterday at 05-11-2004 at 11:09 AM

Yeah, I think Jimmy Phallen is kind of a tard, like Tina Fey, but I don't think anybody was worse than that poor sucker before them. And for some reason, didn't they give him his own show? If that's not a poster-child for Daddy The Network Exec., I don't know what is. Guy couldn't deliver anything, looked like he might forget what he was going to say at any moment, randomly changed his speech tempo, and I'm sure has stuttered on more than a million occasions. WTF. What was that doods name? Oh, and his show sucked too, alot worse.

Only thing funny on TV is Conan O'Brian, and it's not because he isn't hilarious. It's just because comedy on TV is dead.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    It's just because comedy on TV is dead.

LOL SNL hasn't been funny since the heydays of Belushi,Chase,Radner,Morris etc. Now those were great and even the hosts and Musical guests were better in those days.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Eh, Dave Chappelle was funny. Yeah, forgot about the black white-supremacist skit. And all the other racial jokes. But there's been so many comedy acts since Richard Pryor....it's not the greatest act anymore.

BTW, looks pretty bad for SNL. I vote for Nickelodeon^^^( ) to fill the slot. Definately would be alot more entertaining.
    Last edited by notdrugged; 10-25-2005 at 11:36 PM.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

What I don't get is that the producers can't make a simple poll and see that everybody hates it. This is a 'very bad' ratio for anything. Quite honestly, you could get just about anybody in there off the street and I bet they could make something 'somebody liked' with a budget like SNL.

I just don't understand TV. Do they get a group of monkey, stick them in a room and as long as they don't throw their poo all over everything the producers figure its a hit and throw millions of dollars at it? You can pay me millions of dollars to make crap... How do I get that job?
    http://dustsmoke.com/images/dustsmoke_logo.gif

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

I wish I could vote in the Poll... but I haven't watched SNL for years. The first few years it had a bunch of very eager comedians who worked hard and got very, VERY funny. But once the cast got the idea that just BEING on SNL made them both funny and important and therefor they no longer had to work for it, well... that's not where good humor lives, you know? I'm not saying they should be a bunch of nervous self-depreciating types (I'm tired of the whole Woody Allen thing anyhow) but a little less bravado would probably make it easier to watch, even on their 'off' nights.

As it is, it's just unwatchable.

You know how it was once said that 'Me hurting my leg is Tragedy, you hurting YOUR leg is comedy' or something close... the basic problem with SNL lately - or last I watched it - is that in having to sit through that awful series of skits, I was the victim. Not Funny.

Last great skit: Suprise visit by Rob't DeNiro during a skit where he was being badly imitated... THAT was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by thedrake88
    hasnt been good since will ferrel left. him doing the alex trebek impersonations was the best
    Amen brother....whenever they would get Darrel Hammond doing the Sean Connery impressions on celebrity jeopardy I wouldn't stop laughing for hours.

I also believe that the early years were the best, now it seems they only have a one in ten chance of doing something pretty close to funny. Writing is a zero on a One to ten scale and acting talent a two.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

So far this season of SNL has been decent, I still watch it most weekends when I can. It's definatly not what it was in the early 80's when I first started watching it, to the late 90's when it started going downhill, but it's not as bad as it was a few years ago, I couldn't stand to watch a entire episode of the early 2000's.

The only thing about SNL i really hate is that Horatio guy, the fat annoying one. I think they tried to use him as some type of Chris Farley replacement, which he is not. He's the worst SNL cast member ever.

The rest of the cast is really trying to fill big shoes left by the greats like Belushi, Akroyd, Miller, Nealon, Ferril, Farley, Shannon, etc.

^Every comic act has to have a fat guy.....

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_
    it was a killa back when it was canadian,it was good up to like maybe yr 2k or so,maybe a lil bt earlier...to me it died with like the previous cast...
    What choo mean Canadian?

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

The original cast of SNL came mostly from Second City TV... SCTV was a Canadian show 'nStuff.