Page 15 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 2569
  1. #211
    Fluff n Stuff's Avatar
    Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪
    Joined
    May 2001
    Location
    South Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    12,389

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    What... Are you worried about your kindly Uncle Ned?

    [ominous music cue] Dummmmmm du-dum Dump [/ominous music cue]



  2. #212
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Yermo, CA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,946

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    What... Are you worried about your kindly Uncle Ned?

    [ominous music cue] Dummmmmm du-dum Dump [/ominous music cue]
    Well the Uncle B's are in Einstein too and so am I.

  3. #213
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Yes we are, Joker!

    Scruff, it's easy as pie. I had no need to install any extra drivers. I have Nforce based boards and they pick right up on the chips. BOINC needs nothing special either. Glad to see you're about to give birth!

    I had to get back in it....but I'd run out of KVM switch points! I have 12 on one monitor right now and just bought another used 8 port switch and cable set on EBay fairly reasonably, so I can have another 939 CPU onboard real soon, with room for 7 more!!......Win loose or draw with Mr. Nedstradamus....we will be crunching like a pack of BIG DOGS!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  4. #214
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff
    What... Are you worried about your kindly Uncle Ned?

    [ominous music cue] Dummmmmm du-dum Dump [/ominous music cue]

  5. #215
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Well if we don't beat Ned it won't be for lack of trying

    19,735 points yesterday
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  6. #216
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  7. #217
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Well they added 4 more hours to my shift(manatory), so it looks like i`m 2 X 12`s, tonight and tomorrow night. Then Friday night at 8-12 hours. Good thing is that i might drive the 1 1/2 hours to Cambridge,Ontario to pick up a A8N32-Sli Deluxe/s if their web site is correct for stock on hand after work tomorrow morning. I can`t beleave how hard this has been to get this board/s. Uncle you think the retail fan for the 3800 is good enough(not overclocking) to keep the chip cool enough?

    EDIT:Check yesterday and they had 2 in stock(updated every hour), just checked now and 0 in stock. I`ll have to see if the last local shop comes through for Friday.
    Last edited by scruff35; 12-21-2005 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added update

  8. #218
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff35
    Well they added 4 more hours to my shift(manatory), so it looks like i`m 2 X 12`s, tonight and tomorrow night. Then Friday night at 8-12 hours. Good thing is that i might drive the 1 1/2 hours to Cambridge,Ontario to pick up a A8N32-Sli Deluxe/s if their web site is correct for stock on hand after work tomorrow morning. I can`t beleave how hard this has been to get this board/s. Uncle you think the retail fan for the 3800 is good enough(not overclocking) to keep the chip cool enough?
    It's marginal. If you aren't overclocking, it's OK. I'd remove thermal pad and add a quality thermal paste if you have it
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  9. #219
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    The B's made the top 1000 in Seti ranking

    WTG B'ers
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  10. #220
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    In spot #933 now. Well i just found out why it`s so hard to find the A8N32-SLI Deluxe. It`s been recalled because the memory controller is faulty, and at least in Canada they have yanked all boards off the market. So i figured i get 1 up and running on the A8N-SLI(going to be for crunching only) so tomorrow if all goes well when i get home. I`ll have me first 3800 dual core to add to the ever growing list of crunchers for the B`s.

  11. #221
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Yermo, CA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,946

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff35
    In spot #933 now. Well i just found out why it`s so hard to find the A8N32-SLI Deluxe. It`s been recalled because the memory controller is faulty, and at least in Canada they have yanked all boards off the market. So i figured i get 1 up and running on the A8N-SLI(going to be for crunching only) so tomorrow if all goes well when i get home. I`ll have me first 3800 dual core to add to the ever growing list of crunchers for the B`s.
    I thought the only memory controller was on the cpus? Ok, That explains that I guess.

  12. #222
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Something wrong with the board that fries the memory, is the way it was explained.

  13. #223
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Yermo, CA, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,946

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff35
    Something wrong with the board that fries the memory, is the way it was explained.
    Not good, Hopefully they'll stomp that problem flat and fast.

  14. #224
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Good deal, sorry about the recall!

    Well, one is born, one dies!! My ASROCK Dual SATA2 died. Shut it off and that was it! So, I'll wait for the RMA!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  15. #225
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Good deal, sorry about the recall!

    Well, one is born, one dies!! My ASROCK Dual SATA2 died. Shut it off and that was it! So, I'll wait for the RMA!
    Should have bought an Asus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •