Page 55 of 172 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 2569
  1. #811
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    From what I understand use the C37 for anything without SSE2. (other than really old stuff)
    For anything with SSE2 use S37.

  2. #812
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    For AMD(single or dual core) use the c37, not the s37a. After benching all for an AMD setup i found that the c37 to be the best. I hope this helps. Because i`ll be staying with this setup till we hit 1 million.

  3. #813
    Joined
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis,In USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    675

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    How much faster is C37 over A36 on your A64 Dual???

    Also I just installed a Opty165 In my machine tonight got it at 2.7g@1.525v 48C.
    Moved the 4400+ over to the 3200+ machine.
    When my refurb Bio-star TF939 gets here I'll put the 3200+ in and build another 1.
    The 3200+ runs at 2.4g and the 4400+ is at 2.4g also..

  4. #814
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MJD1964
    How much faster is C37 over A36 on your A64 Dual???

    Also I just installed a Opty165 In my machine tonight got it at 2.7g@1.525v 48C.
    Moved the 4400+ over to the 3200+ machine.
    When my refurb Bio-star TF939 gets here I'll put the 3200+ in and build another 1.
    The 3200+ runs at 2.4g and the 4400+ is at 2.4g also..
    Only about 100 seconds or so. Wow! That some nice numbers there MJD. I hope you don`t mind moving? Because the B`s are putting out about 20 000+ credits/day and climbing. So at that rate we should be moving on to the next project in about 2 weeks.

  5. #815
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    I tried the supposed SSEII clients on my northwoods and they are 15 mins slower now! From his comments on the message boards he intended S37 for super new procs like conroe. I am putting them back to C37.

  6. #816
    Joined
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis,In USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    675

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    I'm staying with A36 for now. It looks like in 15.5 days we will be moving to Predictor anyway.

  7. #817
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Just as long as it's long enough for you guys to help us pass 2CPU.com so I can go over to their forums and go, "That's what you get for recommending Xeon's to everyone even though anybody with half a brain knows they suck!"

  8. #818
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Location
    SpankerTown,USA
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk
    Just as long as it's long enough for you guys to help us pass 2CPU.com so I can go over to their forums and go, "That's what you get for recommending Xeon's to everyone even though anybody with half a brain knows they suck!"
    me spank wit Xeons
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

  9. #819
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    use them suckas!

    My main prob was people would be asking for advice on systems over there and for whatever reason the majority of people over there are extremely pro Xeon even though they get their asses handed to them by Opterons. So after a couple of flame fests I have tried to stay way from their site. If it wasn't for that I probably would be crunching for them. The shared FSB on Xeons is so dumb! Thats all I have to say about that.

    But if you have them, crunch them!

  10. #820
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Say hi to our latest little cruncher (actually a big a$$ case but a nice dual MP server board the iwill-server It came from the smokin fisherman. Thanks, ST!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  11. #821
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7,743

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Go ahead, torture me! Glad it's working for you UB.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB


    Take a Kid FISHING!

  12. #822
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Say hi to our latest little cruncher (actually a big a$$ case but a nice dual MP server board the iwill-server It came from the smokin fisherman. Thanks, ST!!
    Welcome aboard little fella.

  13. #823
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    30,989

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Ahhhh, we ain't just torturin you, my fine adipose finned friend!

    We are #5 in daily production now!!
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...o=&date=&or=12

    #57 in total http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...co=&date=&or=0

    And the Team is #43!! http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team...in&st=0&to=100
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!




    Spoiler!

    I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

  14. #824
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBob
    Ahhhh, we ain't just torturin you, my fine adipose finned friend!

    We are #5 in daily production now!!
    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...o=&date=&or=12

    #57 in total http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...co=&date=&or=0

    And the Team is #43!! http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team...in&st=0&to=100
    Some serious spankin' going on here!
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  15. #825
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Welcome The Uncle B's.......

    Yep, spanking going on for sure. We now have 35 rigs(almost 36) in the top 1 000 list!! And 7 rigs(almost 8) in the top 100!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •