Thread: Western union

Western union

I think I found a new scammer. Name's Sam Mike. Email address: mktsurveying@yahoo.com The name on the email is: samuel mich He was trying to buy my computer system from me. I was sent this email saying I was payed and all I need to do is submit a tracking number after I shipped then I would get my check in about a week. We agreed on $830. (See below) I can email you a copy of the email with the pics if you contact me.

Dear -----,

A $900.00 money order for payment has been received and approved. Mr. Sam Mike has chosen to use Western Union(r)Auction Payments for the speed of an online payment service from a name you can trust.The Western union . Auction Payments has received your email address from Mr. Sam Mike to inform you of the order to have a $900.00 Western Union . Money OrderSM sent to you for:

Auction Item : COMPUTER

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct once again;

Your Name : -----,

Address : -----,

City/State : -----

Zip Code : -----

Order Details
    **************************************************************************************************** ****
    Auction Item Amount: $900.00

Excluding shipping of auction item.

BidPay. Service Fees: $100.00

Payment Delivery Fees & NBSP: $00.00

Upon approval,a money order delivered via
    First Class. Mail will be received in
    approximately 5-7 business days.

Total Charges: $1000.00
    **************************************************************************************************** *****
    This money order has been approved and will be sent out as soon as you have sent the tracking number to us and you should expect it in 5-7 business days.YOU CAN NOW send the item to the buyer. Moreover we will need you to send this tracking number before the delivery of the Money OrderSM, you will also identify yourself with your .driving licence or your .Social security number

.NOTE: THAT THE MONEY ORDER WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT IF SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS NOT SENT TO US SOONEST FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION IN OTHER TO SECURE BOTH THE SELLER AND THE BUYER.

This is the sample of the Money Order Check or Postal Order Check which BidPay will send to you so as to claim your payment paid by the buyer.

And if you have any question, feel free to contact our customer service;

WESTERNPAYMENTNOTIFY@MYWAY.COM

Thank you for using Western Union . Auction Payments. We look forward to serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

BidPay Western Union Auction Payments,

Thank you for using Western Union B. Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Western Union Auction Payments

FBI SCAM FREE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
    Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com
    Last edited by Crazy Chuckster; 11-16-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Re: Western union

The above message sounds very suspicious to me. I would request an actual money order in hand before shipping it.

Was the member you are dealing with a member of this forum?

i'll agree with chuckster on this one.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/osBidpay.asp

their auction payment service is "bidpay", not "auction payments"

Email Tips:

If you receive an email from a company representing itself as BidPay and you are not sure it was sent by BidPay, do not click on any links in the email. Instead, forward the suspicious email to spoofemail@bidpay.com

Quote Originally Posted by cwolv
    i'll agree with chuckster on this one.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/osBidpay.asp

their auction payment service is "bidpay", not "auction payments"

Email Tips:

this is what i was looking for:

Typically within 24 hours, if the transaction is approved, a second email will confirm that the Western Union Money Order payment instrument is in the mail. That frees the seller to confidently send you your item - saving you days of waiting!
    in the email you received, they want you to ship the item and give tracking info THEN they will send your money order. from what i read at bidpay, the seller ships AFTER receiving confirmation that the approved money order has been mailed.

What about that email address listed? MYWAY.com is not a western union site, but it is a place for free email accounts.

Looks like you had someone who tried to scam you here, I suggest you try and get that person's info if you don't have it already and report them asap.

DEFINITELY looks like a phisher too. Even Paypal doesn't request personal info such as your drivers license and SS #. NEVER give these to anyone. I know Legit Paypal letters will ALWAYS begin using YOU NAME,not dear customer or anything else, and I'll bet Bidpay is the same way. I'd back away from that one . BD51
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

even if the mesage is from w.u.,do NOT<I REPEAT<DO NOT send anything till u see the m.o. in ure hands,actually go to the bank and deposit....they do this everyday,maybe 1% of teh ppl the yattack bites.the worst is when they really initiate the payment,several days later u get a "credit card was declined" and u,w/out previous experience o nthe matter,get screwed for already sent the item...i hate em cropers....

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...