View Poll Results: Which AntiVirus Software do you use (multiple selections allowed)?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Avast

10 10.87%
  • AVG

32 34.78%
  • BitDefender

3 3.26%
  • Kaspersky

10 10.87%
  • McAfee

14 15.22%
  • NOD32

9 9.78%
  • Panda

3 3.26%
  • Sophos

1 1.09%
  • Symantec/Norton

21 22.83%
  • Trend Micro

14 15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Which Anti-Virus Software do you use?

well although it allowed the download of the others when I went to open them, Antivir popped up and stopped each one, except for the second one, which just is a line of text and nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider
    BitDefender 8 Free Edition should meet your needs perfectly. Just don't forget to update before you do any scans.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main...-Products.html

As it's the free edition, it only has on demand scanning - there's no real time protection, but this means it's perfect as a backup scanner

It does run a couple of services that you can turn off when you're not using it if you want to save a little extra memory (but don't forget to turn them back on before you try to launch it).

Ned
    Ned I downloaded Bitdefender 8 Free Edition after you posted this and today it tells me it's expired already! i thought this was supposed to be free. it is after all, called the free version. It never said it was a trial version and even if it was its only been a few days! Whats the deal

Quote Originally Posted by kbreese
    Ned I downloaded Bitdefender 8 Free Edition after you posted this and today it tells me it's expired already! i thought this was supposed to be free. it is after all, called the free version. It never said it was a trial version and even if it was its only been a few days! Whats the deal
    I never had that problem, but take a look here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=96208

Did you manage to get it installed before it expired? Is your date/time correct on your computer?

Ned

That was it. The date I had on my computer was a year from now. Doh! Thanks! Question though, does that mean this expires in a year or something?

Quote Originally Posted by kbreese
    That was it. The date I had on my computer was a year from now. Doh! Thanks! Question though, does that mean this expires in a year or something?
    I think they limit it to one year to ensure you upgrade to the new version each year when it's released, that way they ensure you stay up to date. Still free though - I used version 7, and now use version 8 - both free editions

Ned

have been using avg with great success for a long time, but given my ip provider gives us a free av/anti-spyware suite , i figure i may as well try what i pay for with my ip subscription anyway. if i had to buy it, i wouldn't..it's considered to be quite pricey but..very good as well..but given it's "free" may as well use and see how it does.