Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Resolved [resolved] Notification???

I do not receive a Notification email anymore when someone resonds to a post either I started or posted to. I have not changed anything I just stopped getting the emails. Could a Moderator take a look and possible help.
    Thanks, Butch

Re: Notification???

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    I do not receive a Notification email anymore when someone resonds to a post either I started or posted to. I have not changed anything I just stopped getting the emails. Could a Moderator take a look and possible help.
    Thanks, Butch

Same for me.
    Thought it was something I forgot to do in outlook after I reformatted. Guess not.

I've tried evrything! Didn't get your reply either.

hmm mine still works. Did you change email accounts?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

emails still work for me as well.

do you have any kind of spam filters setup? check those if so.

also, go into your usercp and check your options. make sure your subscription option is set accordingly.
    hmm...

Tried everything you all have suggested with no luck. I have not changed my email accounts. I get all my other emails(I Guess). Butch

Could it be that his isp or whatever email client he is using is blocking the emails with their own anti-spam efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by BullDog
    Could it be that his isp or whatever email client he is using is blocking the emails with their own anti-spam efforts?
    that is always a possibility.

i cant seem to find anything on the vB software side of things. i get the email notifies no problem so i dont think it is a problem with the software.

at this point i would have to say it is an end user issue whether it be ISP or personal settings.
    hmm...

No problem getting to me either. Notems are sent from webmaster@pcperspective.com so double check any filters you have set up to let them pass through. By that I mean, for example, if you have an incoming filter that only passes e-mails originating from senders who are in your address book, make sure webmaster@pcperspective.com is included.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One
    that is always a possibility.

i cant seem to find anything on the vB software side of things. i get the email notifies no problem so i dont think it is a problem with the software.

at this point i would have to say it is an end user issue whether it be ISP or personal settings.

I contacted my ISP (roadrunner), they told me it could be blocked. They said to contact the site admin, and have them contact roadrunner to verify ownership or something. Then they'll remove the block. Sounds like a PITA.

P.S.: Now I cant use the trading part of the forums cause i switched to my Gmail account in order to get notifications and stuff like that. SO...If its not a big PITA, could you contact roadrunner to see if they have Pcper e-mails blocked???
    Last edited by bryank930; 12-10-2005 at 10:41 PM.

I'm going to say it is roadrunner blocking them. I turned my notications back on and havent gotten a thing in email and I have checked everything in my own antispam software to be sure.

So now what do we do?

if you can get me some contact info (phone numbers, names, emails), i can forward it on to Ryan (site owner).
    hmm...

not sure its RR I have my email from here forwarded through my RR account and I havent had any issues. Sorry
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I receive emails from other sites that I post in so I don't think any filters are applied. I only have a problem here. Butch