Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: hey mods, i need a favor

Ill try. Ill have to do a search of all addy's youve used and try and narrow it down....by post date. What Ill see is just a list...not broken down by date.

OK. Ive found the one used just prior to this one. Looks like another member had the same one. Ill go look for dates

^^Sometime near september 5. I cant look at every post...but I see the old ip addy then. Youre posts in the Hillary Duff thread in OT used the prior addy...if that clicks with you.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 12-23-2005 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride
    thanks but it doesnt change my internet IP address.. or do I need to restart my computer for it to work?
    After you change the MAC on the NIC you have to disable then enable the connection in network connections for the change to take effect. Now you have one more thing to do and that is reboot modem (powercycle). Comcast only allows one NIC MAC per modem now unless you are paying for an extra IP. Your modem will be locked into the old MAC so that is why you reboot modem then IP will change.

Comcast uses dynamic IP's.
    Last edited by American Zombie; 12-24-2005 at 02:28 AM.

ahhh thank god.. i left my modem unpluged for like 15 hours, and i finally got a new IP.

I have no idea if it was the SMAC thing, or if it was from unplugging it.. but i got a new IP.

EDIT** oh yea, thanks Jimz.. you can delete the old member.. that was just something i was trying to do..
    Last edited by pimp my ride; 12-24-2005 at 07:54 AM.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

"Comcast uses dynamic IP's."

Something I never knew...good to know.

Pimp...nothing for me to change. Ip addys are assocciated with individeal posts....how our forum software "remembers" them.
    Glad your issue is settled.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    "Comcast uses dynamic IP's."

Something I never knew...good to know.

Pimp...nothing for me to change. Ip addys are assocciated with individeal posts....how our forum software "remembers" them.
    Glad your issue is settled.

never knew it either.

Since dynamic IP's give you a new IP everytime you login to the internet.

Comcast has always told me they use static ip's though

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

oh man, that smac program totally destroyed my computer.

I have no idea how the hell i got the internet back, but nothing world work, i totally lost everything.

anyone want to lend me a 20 GB HDD so i can format this thing

allright, i just had the wierdiest experience.

I "lost" connection again, and no website would work, ecept for one - www.steelers.com.... every link worked and loaded fine, while all of the other sites didnt work... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by pimp my ride
    Comcast has always told me they use static ip's though
    From TERMS OF USE specifically part 6 section f:
    IP Addresses: Comcast will provide you with dynamic Internet protocol ("IP") address(es) as a component of the Service and these IP address(es) can and do change over time.