'Program Files\Bonjour' Folder

I can't delete this folder from my other computer. I have no clue what it is and I've done some googling and it appears to be linked to some sort of spyware search bar thing. I haven't found any ways to remove it though. All the links I saw were just HJT logs.

Spoiler!

Exterior & Interior Modification & Care
    detailing - modifications - installations - maintenance
    http://edhilario.ca

Re: 'Program Files\Bonjour' Folder

Ah shiz...wrong forum..I just realized I clicked this by accident. MOD please move to ST&V. Thanks.

Spoiler!

From what I can find online it may be part of a Trojan DL program. I suggest you follow the instructions for cleaning your PC found in the sticky Spyware, Trojans and Viruses at the top of the forum.

You could start out by running Hijack This (link in the above mentioned sticky) and posting the results here.

EDIT: And yes it could also be part of an Apple program, but I have found reference to it in association with some Trojan DL programs. Better safe than sorry I would still run Hijack This.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

I don't even recall that program being installed for anything and the only programs of Apple I use is iTunes and I have iTunes on my other computers and this 'Bonjour' was never there. It's on my other computer (the one my family uses) and I'm guessing one of them was probably the culprit. I think it's definately some sort of malware because they generally don't install anything without my knowledge.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by EH100501AC
    I don't even recall that program being installed for anything and the only programs of Apple I use is iTunes and I have iTunes on my other computers and this 'Bonjour' was never there. It's on my other computer (the one my family uses) and I'm guessing one of them was probably the culprit. I think it's definately some sort of malware because they generally don't install anything without my knowledge.
    Take it from someone who has shared computers with family members for some time, they will install things Again I would suggest running Hijack This and posting the results here.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

This thread is a bit old now, but I ran into the same issue, and I don't see a solution posted, so here it is:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb400982

It's apparently not technically spyware. It can still be removed, if desired.

it comes with safari

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul75 View Post
    This thread is a bit old now, but I ran into the same issue, and I don't see a solution posted, so here it is:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb400982

It's apparently not technically spyware. It can still be removed, if desired.
    The "solution" was at the other end of the link in post 3. Apparently, Apple moved (or removed) the information.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwo View Post
    it comes with safari

actually it installs with ANY apple software. i have it on my pc that installed with quicktime. its not malware or anything. i think its one of the updater files for apple software. i could be wrong though.

Apple...
    Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.