Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: "Once you know, You Newegg"

Dear Mr NE.

I scanned through this thread and didn't see an answer on the name thing

Anyway, I have been a customer for many years, I use the customer reviews and spec pages for most purchases

However the NJ warehouse simply does not work for those in NJ.

The warehouse is about 17 miles from my house, the contract with the carrier does not PERMIT quick delivery - depending on the carrier they might drive past my town to a distribution center where they HOLD the package 1or 2 days until its due for delivery! It always seems to be a weekend as well!

You / they will not even let me collect the item ... why not permit collection from the warehouse?

For that level of service, I have to pay 7% tax ..

This issue has cost you 70-80% of my business this year, other places near you ship free or low cost, charge me no tax and deliver from the west coast as quick as your std delivery from 17 miles away - go figure.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

First gripe EVER about Newegg. I just ordered a Q-Pack case, that has a $15 rebate. I printed out the rebate form, and waited. GUESS WHERE SOME IDIOT put the shipping label?. Right over the barcode that you need for the rebate. REALLY BRIGHT now don't you think?. After a LOT of patience, I was able to get the label off without porking the barcode label underneath. Customer service WILL be getting an E-mail about this.
    http://forums.pcper.com/trading.php TRADING RULEZ!! BIGDADDY51 I've joined the QUAD CROWD! ASUS M3A78 & a 9850

Quote Originally Posted by PandaZ3 View Post
    I live in Oregon and my son is in the OKC area. I was scheduled for some 3 days of training there. I went thru the process of adding a alternate shipping address and ordered the stuff to have it there when I arrived. It went well till I tried to post and after an hour of trouble shooting I borrowed the monitor from his wifes machine. So it posted and all. The Acer was DOA, happens sometimes. I got an RMA (Thank Goodness I could access my Web-mail to get the e-mail) and sent it back UPS. I had to go, but on the way back I realized that since it was sent on Thursday and they were saying Wednesday would be delivery day. That would mean at best case, it would leave on late Wednesday and get there possibly Monday next week.

I changed the RMA to a refund. As there is no sense in ordering the same bad part I switched to a different brand and ordered it, this way it won't take twelve days to get his computer up and running.

Now how cheap was all that? lets see I don't recall what it was the first time I think it might have been $13 and then at least $10 going back and the $13 again and at very best a week of down time, .. where did I save any time or Money?

The new one is there and working, which is a relief. Still I could have gone to Best Buy for the money
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Dear Newegg,

I've spent way too much money with you. My order history is six and a half pages long. I am just letting you know that I used to be all-Newegg all the time. Ever since you added UPS as a shipping carrier (and seemingly your primary carrier) I find myself more and more shopping at other outlets (mostly ZipZoomFly). It's to the point now that I usually only use NewEgg.com to look things up, but only buy them from NewEgg if ZZF doesn't have them.

The moral of the story is that UPS stinks and I frequently find myself purchasing things elsewhere now because you guys charge way too much for FedEx. Don't tell me that's just FedEx, because I've compared things before where the same shipping for the same item with FedEx cost 3x-4x as much on NewEgg as on ZZF.

I don't expect you guys to do anything about this. I'm just one customer, no matter how much money I think I spend I know it's nothing compared to your corporate customers. But I just wanted you to know that your decision to embrace UPS *IS* costing you thousands of dollars worth of business, and that's just from me. Imagine if there are many others who feel the same way...
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf165 View Post
    Dear Newegg,

I've spent way too much money with you. My order history is six and a half pages long. I am just letting you know that I used to be all-Newegg all the time. Ever since you added UPS as a shipping carrier (and seemingly your primary carrier) I find myself more and more shopping at other outlets (mostly ZipZoomFly). It's to the point now that I usually only use NewEgg.com to look things up, but only buy them from NewEgg if ZZF doesn't have them.

The moral of the story is that UPS stinks and I frequently find myself purchasing things elsewhere now because you guys charge way too much for FedEx. Don't tell me that's just FedEx, because I've compared things before where the same shipping for the same item with FedEx cost 3x-4x as much on NewEgg as on ZZF.

I don't expect you guys to do anything about this. I'm just one customer, no matter how much money I think I spend I know it's nothing compared to your corporate customers. But I just wanted you to know that your decision to embrace UPS *IS* costing you thousands of dollars worth of business, and that's just from me. Imagine if there are many others who feel the same way...
    I have to say that lately I've been trying to find a replacement for Newegg since UPS are a bunch of imbeciles that can't even find an address. Newegg, how does that work? Top notch service, top notch items...crap shipping? It won't work for too long and I just got a Newegg credit card not too long ago.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

So I guess the real question is:

1. Will ZZF improve their web site to have the information and reviews like NE?
    2. Or will NE reduce the quality of their website because of reduced business levels?

Come on NE, your customers are speaking to you and it seems mostly using the same competitor when you drop the ball!
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 10-07-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    the Britgeezer

Once you know how awful UPS is and decide to drop them, I'll Newegg.

Ahem...

So as not to be trolling, I'll make a constructive remark: this is my business you're losing, Newegg. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by sabrewulf165; 10-11-2006 at 05:15 PM.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

I think Newegg should number their warehouses so that customers know where it's coming from. Seriously. We're gonna see the cost of shipping one way or another, and the fact is, that if 3 items come from three different warehouses, the shipping is going to be extremely high. Consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf165 View Post
    Ahem...

So as not to be trolling, I'll make a constructive remark: this is my business you're losing, Newegg. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

This looks like my account over the last year. Business I would have normally done with Newegg has been going to ZipZoom or even Amazon because of Newegg's higher shipping prices and ridiculous premium for FedEx. I just bought a Creative Zen media player from Amazon because even though the prices were the same, Amazon had a better deal on shipping.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

My problem isnt just the shipping damages like $400 dollar parts left at my door on a rainy day but the time it takes to get the product to my door especially when I pay for 3 day shipping on a monday I expect what i payed for not next week delivery.I've also went to another vendor with better service.I will say that Newegg has a great RMA service and Ive never had any problems other than I had way too many due to DOA parts recently which has made me switch to a new vendor.

Lemme Ask you this, newegg. Who is your vendor?

Am I losing my mind or is NO Paypal new to NE
    the Britgeezer

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    Am I losing my mind or is NO Paypal new to NE

what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by AMDMaddness View Post
    what do you mean?
    I just tried to buy an item on NE an you can't do it with PP, is this new or am I having a brain fart.
    the Britgeezer