Here are a few memory modules. I'm having a hard time deciding the differences between them and if it is worth the extra cash.
1) CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX2048-3200 - 3-3-3-8 cl3 (for 194 at newegg)
2) CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TwinX2048-3200PT - 3-3-3-8 cl3 (for 195 at newegg this seems the same as #1, but with a different color spreader - is that right?)
3) Corsair Memory XMS4000PT 2X1GB pc4000 DDR RAM (DDR500) TWINX2048-4000PT - 3-4-4-8-1T cl3 (for about $233 at newegg)
4) Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 2GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Value Select Memory (for around 168)
5) CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - 2-3-3-6 cl2 (for about 236 at newegg)
I'm like going with the Asus A8N-SLI Premium with a X2-3800 (or opty 165 if it can be found).
I hate overspending for minimal gains. I do plan on OC'ing a bit, but I'm not really interested in going too far - in other words, I'm using stock air cooling. Now there isn't a huge difference in price on these, but is #3 for 233 really going to be worth it - I assume for OC'ing it would be, but will #3 run better at stock, than say #1/#2/#4/#5? I'm not sure if I'm asking this right...I know what I mean, but tough to put into words.
I've read a few reviews/articles that indicate anyone not OC'ing, or minimal OC'ing will be happy with the "value select" from corsair. But as soon as I buy that, I will want to OC more, lol.....hence the #1 and #2 and #5 on the list.
Thanks for any input, appreciate it.