Venus 12 -> CoolDrive 4 (Aerogate 2)

I swear I can't be the only one that had had a problem with this. I can't get the CoolDrive to control the fan on the Venus 12.

I took the connector for the rheostats that came with the Venus and spliced it into a three pin along with the yellow sensor wire. That gives me a full yellow, red, and black three pin which I swear should work but doesn't. Is my logic flawed? I have all the wires that the ThermalTake rheostat used now going to the CoolDrive. By the way the sensor part (yellow wire) does work.

The Venus fan is beefy enough that it has a 4 pin molex and then also has a seperate part out for the controlling (red and black) wires.

Anyone have any ideas, I can't run this thing at full tilt it's way too loud?

734: Pride in a number.
    Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)
    (><) There's nothing funny about a one-eyed bunny.

Re: Venus 12 -> CoolDrive 4 (Aerogate 2)

Put the yellow wire into CPU fan pin beside the CPU/heatsink and then plug the red/black to the manual tuning for you to turn low or high or put blue box into the 2 pin (black/red) as it auto speed when it feel hot or cold - I used manually tuning by heatsink cable with red/black to the tuning cable and plug yellow wire into CPU Fan pin area and the turning I put on front side rather than back side - it worked as my PC running at 19-24c full load (FX-55 SD with CNQ)

That's how it works with the original rheostat that came with the Venus 12. But, when plugging it into the CoolDrive 4 you have to have the atleast yellow wire go to the CoolDrive instead of the CPU fan header on the motherboard because the CoolDrive sets off an alarm when it can't get a reading from the CPU fan.

Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)

Ah I can see what you mean... I dont use CoolDrive 4 as I only used Easy Tune 5 to read al the info into CPU temp,etc.. ET5 come with Gigabyte motherboard disc. I can read all the info easily

Yeah, the problem seems to be with all these fans that come with their own rheostat. They split the sensor wire to a three-pin header to go to the motherboard and then send the positive and negative wires to the rheostat, then mine also has a seperate four-pin molex for power. I thought that combining all three wires into one three-pin header would work, but it didn't.

Find out why here.

(\_/)
    (-.o)