Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Considering getting a new case - suggestions?

Lian Li's are nice too. I have one myself.

G'luck, OakIris.

that site seems a tad pricey though.....

I shop here: http://www.crazypc.com/

or Zip Zoom fly or Newegg.....all 3 are great on customer service & priced fairly, IMHO.

I usually buy all of my components from Newegg - great site. I ordered all the bits (except the case) from them on Sunday and, according to UPS, everything will be here tomorrow. I've also purchased some things from Crazy PC, but this time....

I'm getting the case from Performance-PCs because they have the case modifications I want - I've done my own mods in the past, but decided this time to let the professionals do it! They have a very good reputation, both here and on resellerratings and I have purchased sleeved fans from them before; they did a great job.

Holly

Thumbs up Re: Considering getting a new case - suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by -=SparX=-
    Can't go wrong with Lian Li but if you really want to look at others then i will suggest the coolermaster 531, It has good air flow with a 120mm fan in the rear and room for a 120 in the front for the hdd's. I just built 2 machines with these case's and found them very quiet.
    The Centuion 530 series seems to be an update to the Centurion 5, with one less fan installed at delivery. I had the very nice Kingwin 424, that has the slide-in / out MB drawer, and thought of getting another, but I do have a limited budget, and usually do look at low priced boxes like Aspire (and always toss out any included Aspire psu's). I bought a Centurion 5 this time.

Several e-Tailer shops are selling them at heavy discounts, with window, without a PSU. I got mine from Newegg for less than $50, plus a $15 shipping cost. It has all toolless drive bays and card cage, two 120's (1 each front and rear), no door (hooray!), and a mesh bezel that allows a very good intake air flow. It seems roomy enough to suit me; so far I'm holding off much in the way of shop work here while waiting for
    the weather to improve (it's almost always low humidity and extra high static electricity days here the past month to six weeks).

Kiwi

I went with this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811165008

Sorry I couldn't link it. Half the time I click on the "link" icon, I get page errors. It's no Lian-Li but it's good for the price. Comes with one 120mm fan but openings for front and back 120mm fans. It also comes with a conduit that lets you side-mount a 120mm fan that fires fresh air (from side vent holes) directly onto your cpu's heatsink. I've had better cooling results with this case than any I've had before.

It has HDD bays that face you instead of facing the mainboard making for very easy HDD installation. Has a removable mainboard tray and it has a card-retainer so you don't have to screw in your cards.

I ditched the fan that came with it and put it two Antec 120mm case fans and an adjustable speed Thermaltake 120mm for over the cpu. I'm very pleased with it. I just moved it the other day and I'm guessing that it weighs about 55-60 pounds fully loaded - the heaviest rig I've ever lifted. I find it easier to carry my dog!

BTW, the front door slides out of the way at the side of the case so you never have to deal with it. When the door is closed, a top-bay-mounted optical drive will push the case's little drive door out of the way when the optical tray comes out.

Just figured I'd add a sort of no-name alternative to the mix. I can't see me changing out this case for quite some time. Using 120mm fans is so much better than 80mms.

That's a nice looking case, Chiles4.

The one thing I am a bit disappointed in with the Lian Li case I am getting is that it does not have a removable motherboard tray. This will be the first Lian Li case for me that doesn't have that user-friendly feature. I guess this will just be another reason for me to curse while I'm building my system.

Holly

Cool Re: Considering getting a new case - suggestions?

That's the one thing I didn't like either about that case. But, the thing is, it will cool that new system of yours for less than my case costs to cool mine

I figure that once I've built my system in the case, I won't care that the motherboard tray is not removable. It's my first new system in 3 years and I think I will be thrilled with it, no matter what.

Holly

Cool Re: Considering getting a new case - suggestions?

I hope so. I don't want to break my track record with you

No worries, PowerHungry.

Holly

My new case will be here tomorrow.

Holly