Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

performance.pcs + Lian Li

Is this a pretty good place to by a case from?

They have the case mod I want, but don't seem to be answering my emails, so I'll ask here, for anybody who has dealt with them before.

I'm looking at the Lian Li PC-7 Quad-120:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=2777

It has one side panel fan. I'd like to have a second one added right above the first. Do they do custom mods like that?

And those rocker switch accessories that can be fitted in a drive bay. Can they be used to turn on/off enclosure fans?

Re: performance.pcs + Lian Li

Great site to buy from! Hank Barron (the owner) has always put out great workmanship at great prices. All of my PC Power & Cooling PSU's have come from there and have all been sleeved flawlessly.

Those rocker switches can be wired to switch fans or cold cathodes or anything else that you can runn off of 12v DC in your case.

Great choice... Hank's the best... Here's some of the work I did while working with them... My Rig
    Dr Destructo
    -------------------------------------------------
    DFI LanParty UT Expert : AMD A64 X2 4800+ Toledo
    [2] ASUS GeForce 7800GTX [SLI] : Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
    [2] WD 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 : [1] WD 250gb Caviar SE Data
    [4] OCZ 1gb Platinum PC3200 Dual Channel Ram
    [1] Plextor Dual Layer DVD : [1] Plextor 52X CD-RW
    Custom Watercooled by Danger Den and Swiftech Components

Great, I'll give them a try when I've got all my PC parts picked out. Nice rig in those pics, by the way.

I just ordered the Lian-Li PC-7 plus Quad 120 case from them this morning. I am hoping they can get this case to me this week, but have not received an ETA from them, just the confirmation email that the order was received. I have ordered from them before and the experience was positive.

They get very good marks on resellerratings.com, a very good site to check out before ordering from on-line merchants:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3731.html

and people here on amdmb seem to like them, too, which is a good enough recommendation for me.

Holly

Thanks Holly.

I just sent them off another email asking if they take custom orders -- such as adding an additional side panel 120mm fan.

Quote Originally Posted by zathras66
    Thanks Holly.I just sent them off another email asking if they take custom orders -- such as adding an additional side panel 120mm fan.
    Bought a lot of stuff from them, and Hank has been very helpful. However do not think they have a shop that can do the custom panel thing, but they will do a bang up job of sleeving your case wiring very inexpensivly!
    Last edited by jedihobbit; 02-18-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit
    Bought a lot of stuff from them, and Hank has been very helpful. However do not think they have a shop that can do the custom panel thing, but they will do a bang up job of sleeving your case wiring very inexpensivly!
    I think they do have a shop. I've bought some of their scrap aluminum (mostly Lian Li stuff) for some projects. They are all window shaped, so I think they do cut-ups on site as well. Excellent site.
    "Anoint a villain, and he will stab you. Stab him, and he will anoint you."
    Thermaltake Tsunami
    AMD64 X2 3800
    MSI K8N Neo4 SLI Platinum
    2GB Mushkin EP
    eVGA 7800GT CO
    Audigy 2ZS
    PC Power & Cooling 510SLI PSU
    Zalman CNPS 9500

I think they have a shop, too - how else can they modify the cases? I would think it would be costly - both in $$ and time - to have to outsource everything. They also state on their home page:
    Personalized and custom services are always available.
    I should think that if they can cut out one side panel hole for a 120mm fan, they can surely cut out two.

I am curious, though, zathras66 - why do you feel the need to have five 120mm fans in your case? I wonder if this wouldn't screw up the air flow somehow - 3 supply fans and 2 exhaust, (not counting the PSU fan/s.)

I'm hoping four 120s will be enough for my system. Since I don't overclock, I'm even planning to try using just the stock fan and heatsink with my CPU, as I have read that these Athlon 64s run a lot cooler than the older AMD CPUs that I am used to.

Holly

My case came from them and they did a great job. I got a Lian Li V1000 with a side panel window and a top 120mm blow hole. I am looking to sell the case now to get one of the silent versions with the front panel.

I am curious, though, zathras66 - why do you feel the need to have five 120mm fans in your case? I wonder if this wouldn't screw up the air flow somehow - 3 supply fans and 2 exhaust, (not counting the PSU fan/s.)
    Holly
    Because I sometimes have up to 90+ ambient temps here in the summer. With my current system I have to open my case and have a small fan blow on to the CPU when the weather gets that hot.

The side panel fan on the Quad-120 might be enough, but it is not centered over the CPU area, so adding a second 120mm would be good just in case I need it.

I plan to add some rocker switches so I can turn on/off various enclosure fans as needed.

performance-pcs.com answered my email. They said, yes, thay can add a second side panel hole for $15 + what ever fan I choose.

It gets pretty hot here in Colorado, too, but the humidity doesn't usually get all that high, so it isn't quite so hard to keep computer systems in a good temperature range.

If you get to choose a fan, ask for a Panaflo - nice and quiet and reliable.

Enjoy your new case, zathras66.

I haven't heard anything further from Performance-PCS, but I am still hoping that I can get the case this week. All the rest of my components will be here tomorrow.

Holly
    Last edited by OakIris; 02-14-2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Cool Re: performance.pcs + Lian Li

I'm glad to hear so much positive feedback on Hank and his people, as one of the first here, I've worked with Hank since he started up and he has never disappointed and he is the only one I'll use for the custom systems I put together.

Now I live in Rhode Island on an island and the humidity can get pretty high here and my quad system has never hit 45C.

Right now, the humidity is 33% with ambient temp of 23.9C, with a system temp of 31C and a CPU temp of 33C, why in the world would you need five 120 mm fans.

hank and his crew are the best! i've ordered numerous things from them and have never been disappointed. i've emailed and phoned hank numerous times with questions and he has always been polite and honest. his recommendations have always been great. my lian-li 1200b was done exactly the way i wanted it. ditto for my pc p&c 510 sli. varioius small items ordered since have been delivered promptly and at a fair price, too. i'm actually putting an order together now to be placed later today. you simply can not beat Performance PCs for quality and honesty.
    I feel old today

I've ordered plenty of items from Hank too, including a Matrix Orbital unit. His prices are reasonable, but not the best you can do. Even if you pay a few extra bucks, you get prompt shipping and good service - especially in the sleeving department.
    Allen (aka BigAl of Big Al's Computers)

See OsbornAgain at www.bigal-computers.net