Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: performance.pcs + Lian Li

My new modified Lian-Li case was shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. I'd say that's darn good service and a fast turn around - ordered Monday morning, modified to order, then shipped on Wednesday! I'm very happy and can't wait to see the finished product. All the rest of my components, ordered from NewEgg on Sunday, arrived yesterday.

System build here I come!

Holly

Forgot about this article concerning Hank and performance-pcs

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/artic...pc/index.shtml

Sorry zathras66, but it looks like your thread turned into a performance-pcs testimonial!! Will be looking forward as you keep us up to date on your build.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Cool Re: performance.pcs + Lian Li

About the V-1000 water-cooled.... I'm the case modder from Performace-PCs. After drilling the three 1/2" holes, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the standard clear grommet edging or if I wanted to go with the factory Lian Li look with the Lian Li channel molding. I thought the factory look would have been better for your particular needs. That fillport was sure a pain though. You wanted it mounted in the top near the rad, but behind the 5 1/4" bays, which didn't leave much space when we centered the rad grill with the handles. I'm sorry to hear about the Bulgin switch, not sure what to tell you on what went wrong. I don't normally sleeve the cases for the orders, at which point the bulgins get installed. However, I apologize for the situation even arising. I really appreciated seeing pictures of my finished products in the hand of their happy owners. Don't forget people, the new TJ07's are out and being modded. So far we completed a Bolt-On window kit, handles as well as casters. We're working on the "perfect" layout for an internal radiator. Keep an eye on the website for details.

About the missing email replies: be sure to check your junk email to be sure the emails weren't automatically directed there. Hank is tied up in his office for at least three hours a day replying to all of his emails. I saw your order come across our printer earlier today; it should have be filled and shipped back out to you today. Hope everything is to your expectations!

Everyone enjoy your CASES!!

Much to my disappointment, my case did not arrive yesterday. Although my partner was home all day and I was home before 5 PM, whoever the driver was claimed that no one was home to sign for the package. He or she claimed they stopped here at 5:57 PM, but no one from UPS showed up at my house at that time or any other time on Friday, and no "Sorry we missed you" notice was hung on my door. And I paid extra for 2-day air delivery. I called UPS - of course, you can't get a local number - and was told there was nothing I could do to get the package any earlier than Monday. So much for my system build this weekend.

This was not in any way Performanc-PCS fault, of course, but I am very pissed at UPS. I wish Performance-PCS offered Fed Ex delivery. In my experience, Fed Ex treats packages with more care. They also have a local depot where you can go to pick up a package if you miss the delivery person.

O.K., end of rant. Sorry to unload but I figured folks here would understand and empathize with my disappointment.

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Levell0rd
    About the V-1000 water-cooled.... I'm the case modder from Performace-PCs. After drilling the three 1/2" holes, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the standard clear grommet edging or if I wanted to go with the factory Lian Li look with the Lian Li channel molding. I thought the factory look would have been better for your particular needs. That fillport was sure a pain though. You wanted it mounted in the top near the rad, but behind the 5 1/4" bays, which didn't leave much space when we centered the rad grill with the handles. I'm sorry to hear about the Bulgin switch, not sure what to tell you on what went wrong. I don't normally sleeve the cases for the orders, at which point the bulgins get installed. However, I apologize for the situation even arising. I really appreciated seeing pictures of my finished products in the hand of their happy owners.

Hey! Thanks for responding! You did a great job! The placement of everything was perfect and just as I had asked for. I didn't get to put the second radiator up top anyway due to mobo clearance, but the system still rocks with the one radiator at the bottom. My temps are *extremely* low and stable. I'm very happy with the work you did and regarding the wiring on the Bulgin - not a big deal since I was lucky enough to be able to pull it from the front and re-wire it... So, it wasn't a gripe at all. Actually, it was a nice little test since it was the ONLY problem I experienced in the entire build.
    Dr Destructo
    -------------------------------------------------
    DFI LanParty UT Expert : AMD A64 X2 4800+ Toledo
    [2] ASUS GeForce 7800GTX [SLI] : Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
    [2] WD 74gb Raptors in RAID 0 : [1] WD 250gb Caviar SE Data
    [4] OCZ 1gb Platinum PC3200 Dual Channel Ram
    [1] Plextor Dual Layer DVD : [1] Plextor 52X CD-RW
    Custom Watercooled by Danger Den and Swiftech Components

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit
    Sorry zathras66, but it looks like your thread turned into a performance-pcs testimonial!! Will be looking forward as you keep us up to date on your build.
    No problem. That's what this thread was for.

As for my system, I'm suffering a lot of inner turmoil (939 vs AM2). But, I suppose it does not matter if I'll be keeping this thing for 2/3 years and have no need to upgrade beyond an FX-60 dual.

My current system is an XP 2000+/ti-4600 and I've had it for 3+ years without ever upgrading. I figure a 939 + X2 will last me long enough to skip this first wave of AM2 stuff.

I decided on the socket 939 instead of waiting for AM2 because I was ready to upgrade now. Like you, zathras66, its been 3 years since I did a complete system upgrade, and going from a Thoroughbred to a 939 CPU should be a big improvement for me. I didn't even go for the X2 CPU, but my new motherboard does support X2 so once there's more software out there that makes use of dual core CPUs, that can be my next upgrade!

Holly