Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opposition Party members u respect

Pat Buchanan- opposes Bush's illegal AMNESTY where illegal Mexicans are allowed to cross our borders to take jobs away from Americans. Opposes our current foreign policy where we police the world at the expense of the American taxpayer. He also favors SMALLER GOV'T (unlike Bush whose actions don't match his rhetoric).

John McCain- wasn't afraid to serve his country, a real Patriot, not like chickenhawks Bush & Cheney. Less likely to unilaterally attack & occupy foreign nations without good reason. Not afraid to compromise his ideas to appease both sides (real bipartisanship).

Re: Opposition Party members u respect

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Not afraid to compromise his ideas to appease both sides (real bipartisanship).
    ^^^Kiss of death around here.

You know this HAD the potential to be a good thread topic.
    Heatware: Sabrewulf165 62-0-0

Lets see.

I like Lieberman...with or without his Iraq policy. Recall he was the guy to call Clinton on all that deal...a most difficult thing to do.
    As much as I like to bust his balls? I sorta like Robert Byrd. Hes one of the few guys that makes an attempt to maintain a "gentleman" style.
    Going back years I liked both Kennedys...JFK and Robert.
    Some of his comments and wife pimping aside? I like Clinton.

Those come to mind right off.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

By the way, I like McCain and a few others as well, doesn't mean I agree with all their ideas, but some of the Repub's ideas make sense when they come from sensible (middle of the road) politicians.
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 02-15-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

BTW, I'd vote McCain > Hillary.....even though I'm a Dem

I'd take Mark Warner > McCain though

ANY DEM > Giuliani (the lisper)

George Allen > Hillary

ANY DEM > ANY BUSH

Quote Originally Posted by Soundforbjt
    By the way, I like McCain and a few others as well, doesn't mean I agree with all their ideas, but some of the Repub's ideas make sense when they come from sensible (middle of the road) politicians.
    Lieberman is the only one who comes to mind of late, though there are quite a few moderate Democrats I like. Just a shame the party as a whole is represented by the far left in my state.
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 02-15-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I'd vote McCain > Hillary.....even though I'm a Dem
    I think you'll find alot of Dems who would not want Hillary in '08. I think the reason is that she's not really someone who embraces the core principles of the Dem. party. IMHO, she's simply another politician with great ambition and a thirst for power.

I have to admit that I don't hear alot of great things about GOP congressman these days - though obviously, there are decent ones out there. I used to praise McCain but it seems that he can be so inconsistent that it undermines his appearance of having a core set of admirable principles. But then again maybe that's because he's a politician.
    Last edited by mostholycerebus; 02-15-2006 at 06:27 PM.

McCain has too many skeletons in his closet, it'll be George Allen or Rudy Giuliani representing the GOP in 2008. I hope Giuliani gets the nod because he will lose. George Allen can beat most Dem candidates easily, IMHO, with the exception of Mark Warner. That'll be a real fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    these guys don't seem to understand that extremism is bad.

Look at the fundamentalist Islamics, look at what Bush has done in Iraq (alienate the world & increase terrorism).
    Did you ever think some might call your rants extreme?

You certainly are bit irritating, mildly corrosive and nauseatingly repetitive but nonetheless entertaining.

A few days back wasn’t it you that associated IQ with the voting habits of those on the right/republican vs. those on the left/liberal? Not a TLR first to say the least.

btw… I’ve never seen or heard of a “Rivet” that has an IQ of higher than “0”. You just might be a scientific oddity.

Topic:
    Opposition Party members u respect
    When I use my internal onboard search engine and I punch in “active politician and respect” I get no matches, republican or democrat, liberal or conservative. In fact I get a 404 followed by a blue screen (fatal error @00998877665544332211WTF). Followed by a migraine headache.

There are some I possibly respect as human beings but as modern day politicians, nope.

Keep up the good work; all I need is the TLR, a bag of nuts, a can of beer and you to get my daily chuckles.
    Last edited by tucker; 02-15-2006 at 03:24 PM.

Bill Clinton (D)
    Joe Liberman (D)
    Barak Obama (D)
    Evan Bayh (D)

Mark Souder (R)
    Mike Pence (R)
    GHW Bush (R)
    GW Bush (R)

Those are about the only guys I can think of on either side that seem to be civil. Mind you, I probably disagree with almost all of them, but they're not like little children. The Democrats need another guy like Bill Clinton, who's likeable---they type you'd have a beer with. Actually, that's the problem with the Republican's too...I just look at their candidates and keep thinking "This is the best they've got? WTF?"

Of course, I have to go with an earlier comment about career politicians sucking, period.

Arlen Specter (R-Pa.)

Quote Originally Posted by tucker

btw… I’ve never seen or heard of a “Rivet” that has an IQ of higher than “0”. You just might be a scientific oddity.

THAT looks like a personal attack. Should I report it?

Nah, you're a Bush supporter...

Believe me when they attack you, you'll know it....he's just playin right now

I'm not?