Unhappy A8V-MX not posting

I just got a new A8V-MX with an A64 3200+ Venice core. I didn't get a new PSU (I know, shoot me) and currently have a TT PurePower 480w. It does NOT have a 24-pin connector, only the 20-pin. When I turn on the computer, everything powers up and I get about a 1/4 of a POST beep, but that's it. No lights on the keyboard or anything. My assumption is that the board wants a 24-pin connector, even though in the manual it says that if I use a 20-pin to make sure that the +12v rail can do at least 15A. I look up the specs on my PSU and it does 18A on the +12v rail. I'm stumped. I even pulled ALL power leads except for the board and the fans, but still nothing.

Anyone else out there that's had problems with this board and a 20-pin connector or have any suggestions for me? I'm currently on the hunt for someone with a 24-pin PSU to see if that makes a difference...

Re: A8V-MX not posting

Quote Originally Posted by rylz
    I just got a new A8V-MX with an A64 3200+ Venice core. I didn't get a new PSU (I know, shoot me) and currently have a TT PurePower 480w. It does NOT have a 24-pin connector, only the 20-pin. When I turn on the computer, everything powers up and I get about a 1/4 of a POST beep, but that's it. No lights on the keyboard or anything. My assumption is that the board wants a 24-pin connector, even though in the manual it says that if I use a 20-pin to make sure that the +12v rail can do at least 15A. I look up the specs on my PSU and it does 18A on the +12v rail. I'm stumped. I even pulled ALL power leads except for the board and the fans, but still nothing.

Anyone else out there that's had problems with this board and a 20-pin connector or have any suggestions for me? I'm currently on the hunt for someone with a 24-pin PSU to see if that makes a difference...

I 'm quite sure you need a 24-pin connection.

But you can solve this by connecting a 20 to 24 pin adaptor on it.
    Maybe it came with the PSU (in the box), maybe it didn't.
    This can be bought separately !
    Your PSU should suffice since you 're not going SLi.

YOU ALSO NEED TO CONNECT A 4-PIN 12 VOLT PSU CONNECTION into the 4-pole socket on the mobo (next to the corner of the CPU socket and the LAN/Audio sockets at the back of the board ! ! ! ! ! !

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

I do have the extra 12v connector plugged in down by the socket, no worries there.

Sadly, the board didn't come with a converter. Jerks. I guess I'll order me up a converter (I'm not lucky enough to have a PC shop nearby) and see if that does it.

Cool Re: A8V-MX not posting

Quote Originally Posted by rylz
    I do have the extra 12v connector plugged in down by the socket, no worries there.

Sadly, the board didn't come with a converter. Jerks. I guess I'll order me up a converter (I'm not lucky enough to have a PC shop nearby) and see if that does it.

I meant, a convertor/adapter in the PSU-box (maybe)

During the transition between 20-pin to 24-pin, some makers put in such an adapter.

YOU MUST TAKE CARE; if you want to order such a thing, there are 20 to 24 pin adapters in both directions in existence.
    The difference is in which of the connectors is Male and which is Female ! ! !

I needed one and went back to the shop / they gave me the wrong one and half an hour later I could make a return trip to get the correct one !

Fold with what you have, Every Work Unit will make a difference.

Coo, thanks for the warning because I didn't know there were two versions!