Need some help with Akassa Fan Controller Pro

Im having probs getting this to work.. and Im a bit worried about connecting cables up wrong... its really winding me up, as its not a complicated task, and im not a noob when it comes to hardware etc....

Ive got this, which has 3 pin connectors for the fans...

http://www.akasa.co.uk/akasa_english...c_ak_fc_03.htm

Am trying to connect a YS-Tech 120mm fan to it, the fan has a 4 pin molex with a pass through.. so I was advised to buy a converter, and got this:

http://www.akasa.co.uk/akasa_english...cb423_adpt.htm

Now I may be assuming wrongly, that thw power connector that goes to the controller also supplies the power to the fans via the 4x 3 pin connectors..

I simply connected the cable and the fan using a 4 pin molex, then connected the 3 pin (black & yellow wires) to the fan controller... but it didnt work... Another case fan I have is connected both to a power connector, and a speed controller, but this has two seperate connections... so I dont know if I should also be connecting power to the fan.. but I expected power to come from the controller, down the 3 pin connector (with the 2 cables) and through the molex connectors.. but it dont work...

Im obviously missing something very basic!!!

Can anyone point out what im doing wrong.... without taking the mick!!!!
    OPTY 165 - 2.8ghz (311x9@1.3v)~DFI Expert (modded bios)~2gb Mushy RedLineXP PC4000~Sapphire x1900xt~150gb WD Raptor~Hiper TypeR 580w Modular~Coolermaster Stacker 810

AMD 5000+ BE @ 3.2ghz~Gigabyte GA-MA78GM ~2gb Crucial Ballistix

Cool Re: Need some help with Akassa Fan Controller Pro

Do you have a straight 4 pin coming from your psu attached to the controller??

Re: Need some help with Akassa Fan Controller Pro

Yes... thats whats puzzling me!!! Cos this powers the facia lighting on the controller, and presumerably, should power the fans!
    OPTY 165 - 2.8ghz (311x9@1.3v)~DFI Expert (modded bios)~2gb Mushy RedLineXP PC4000~Sapphire x1900xt~150gb WD Raptor~Hiper TypeR 580w Modular~Coolermaster Stacker 810

do you by chance have access to a 3 pin fan to test the contoller. and have you tested the fan to make sure it works with the three pin

that is a really nice fan controller, it displays fan speeds also and has some internal circuitry,

for some odd reason, it may just not like the adapter and 4 pin fan

another thing, is it wired correctly.

the Yellow wire in the 4 pin should correspond with the red wire in the three pin

and black to black

DO NOT hook the yellow in the 3 pin to anything in the 4 pin

But if you look at the picture...there is no red wire in the 3 pin, there are only 2 wires.. yellow and black... I think I may have a 3 pin fan somewhere.. I will test a few things out...