Refurbed Soltek's at newegg

Newegg has quite a few refurbished soltek Motherboards right now. Pretty wide selection too.
    Abit Fatl1ty AN8SLI | AMD X2 4400+ Toledo @ 2.5 Gig | BFG 7950GTX | OCZ Titaniun 2 X 1 Gig @ 2.5-3-3-5 | Antec P180 Case (very Quiet)

Email: LoctOut at comcast dot net

Heat

Re: Refurbed Soltek's at newegg

I saw that, was tempted to get a Soltek VIA K8T890 board but I talked myself out of one seeing I am looking to upgrade to VIAs' new K8T900 that supports the X2 cpu , shame Soltek is not releasing any new boards , guess I will wait on MSIs version next month
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I took a peek, too, and then realized that one of those k8t-939 boards could have the one that I RMAed!
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, Core i7-860 Lynnfield at 3.6GHz, ZALMAN CNPS10X QUIET 120mmCPU HSF, CORSAIR Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 at 1640, PowerColor HD5870, Earthworks 650W PSU, Samsung 840 EVO 120g SSD (W10 Pro 64-bit), 320G Blue Caviar storage, LiteOn DVD burner, Antec 902 case [B]
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3, i5 2500K OCed at 4.5GHz, CM 212 Hyper Plus, G. Skill Ripjaws 4G X 2 2133 Ram, Samsung 840 EVO 250G, 3Tb Seagate HDD, unknown DVD drive, XFX Double D Radeon HD 7870, PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer, Fractal Define R4 Case, LG 27" AOC IPS monitor, Win 10 Home 64-bit

wow these boards are getting cheeper ! The K8T890 socet 939 board under 50 bucks shipped ! .... Must resist (ugg) ordering (Help LOL ) want VIA 939 board .... must resist
    LOL

say wondering (seriously) if this board
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813180068R
    would do a FX 57 ?
    and can you disable the Firewire in the bios the downloaded manual did not say

oh well I gave in and bought one hope it works out

Brother, I'm sure you can disable firewire in the bios. You can in the agp version of it like mine. Also, I'm not sure those can use x2 chips. As I recall that particular chipset has a problem with x2s that cannot be overcome. My nephew has that board which he used with XP Media edition and really liked. Note that it tends to read temps like cpu temp as very high. Good luck with it.

marty
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, Core i7-860 Lynnfield at 3.6GHz, ZALMAN CNPS10X QUIET 120mmCPU HSF, CORSAIR Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 at 1640, PowerColor HD5870, Earthworks 650W PSU, Samsung 840 EVO 120g SSD (W10 Pro 64-bit), 320G Blue Caviar storage, LiteOn DVD burner, Antec 902 case [B]
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3, i5 2500K OCed at 4.5GHz, CM 212 Hyper Plus, G. Skill Ripjaws 4G X 2 2133 Ram, Samsung 840 EVO 250G, 3Tb Seagate HDD, unknown DVD drive, XFX Double D Radeon HD 7870, PC Power and Cooling 610 Silencer, Fractal Define R4 Case, LG 27" AOC IPS monitor, Win 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by alex666
    Brother, I'm sure you can disable firewire in the bios. You can in the agp version of it like mine. Also, I'm not sure those can use x2 chips. As I recall that particular chipset has a problem with x2s that cannot be overcome. My nephew has that board which he used with XP Media edition and really liked. Note that it tends to read temps like cpu temp as very high. Good luck with it.

marty
    Thanks Marty , apreciate the reply . As far as the X2 cpus go that is no issue right now as I have a 3800+ E4 core cpu . I thought about upgrading to a X2 but I am just not convinced that it would bennifit Me , I realy dont multitask and I heard storys of issues with some games with the X2 . I am kinda looking at a FX mainly for the unlocked multiplier amybe find a deal on a FX55 or a fx57 I see no reason why either of these CPUs , or enen my curent Vennice 2.4 Ghz is not enough . (I just wonder if anyone has tryed a FX57 on one of these soltek boards ?)

wow Fedex delivering today hope this is a good board with all the goodies!

edit and update board just arrived complete in every way time to test
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-16-2006 at 12:36 PM.

well that bomed out badly , the board booted BUT would not run my current memory in dual channel , spent 2 hrs screwing with verious memory combinations , single sticks ok, both sticks in single channel, but no go on duel channel , it just does not like my memory. I tryed manual memory timmings , no joy this is going back to new egg

edit this thing Is on its way back to new egg
    Last edited by brothergc; 03-17-2006 at 02:58 PM.

gee kinda a ghost town here these days Guess Soltek boards are going the way of the Dodo

I saw those Soltek referb's also on Newegg and wished that clicking "add to shopping cart" would make me happy, but I've just not gotten over having 2 soltek boards go south with the leaky capacitor plague at the same time.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Hrsetrdr
    I saw those Soltek referb's also on Newegg and wished that clicking "add to shopping cart" would make me happy, but I've just not gotten over having 2 soltek boards go south with the leaky capacitor plague at the same time.
    IMO, the leaky capacitor problem isn't an issue with the current Solteks. It seems that several manufacturers had problems a few years ago with a bad batch of caps.
    --

kevin

http://www.sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca/~ab752
    (my own home page.... imagine that!)