Cleaning MP3s in iTunes

I've got like 10,000 mp3's in itunes. What a mess? what's the best way to get my library in order.

also, i've got thousands of "duplicates" (must've been an import error). what's the fastest way to get rid of them? I go to the window "display duplicates" but all this does is list all the songs i have more than once...to click "every other" row is a huge pain for thousands of songs...there must be an easier way, eh?

hubes

Re: Cleaning MP3s in iTunes

There's really not an 'easy' way with iTunes. If you go into your preferences and make sure that your 'iTunes' folder is where all of your music is stored, then check the box: 'Keep my iTunes Music Folder Organized'. That will help consolidate the library into categorized folders for you. It will not however, solve the duplication problem you are having. To be honest, you may have to browse through your whole library and one-by-one eliminate the dup's. I too have a huge iTunes library, and it's taken months to get organized.
    Heatware
    EbayFeedback under snowxracer85
    PM me for more info OR
    snowxracer85@hotmail.com

Re: Cleaning MP3s in iTunes

Duplicates will only show in iTunes if you actually have duplicate files added meaning they have different file names thought they can have the same idv3 tag. You should just clean up the folder your mp3s are in and then clear your Library in iTunes and add the entire mp3 folder.

Spoiler!