Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Male activists want 'say' in unplanned pregnancy

Explain why that should be the extent of the man's say when a woman has the ability to refuse that as well, but if she doesn't stop because of unprotected sex, she ALSO has the ability to abort or demand child support while the man then has NO recourse.

Because she carries the child.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

And that comes across to you as fair? Both parties are equally responsible and capable of refusing to engage in unprotected sex, but past that point, tough **** for the male?

I refuse to believe that you're missing my point, because you come across as more than intelligent enough to see it.

Oh, I know it's not fair, but life itself isn't fair. Is it fair to females that they are the ones who become pregnant? They're the ones who must menstruate? Produce milk and breastfeed? Suffer menopause? Birth children? It sucks, a lot, but that's just the way it is. Biology has dictated that females carry a heavier burden, therefore they ought to have more options in choosing how to deal with conception.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

This needs to be challenged, perfect example....

Married couple have child, get into marriage problems after the child is 3 or 4 years old, man finds out wife had an affair and these are not his kids, but because the way the laws are written he will still have to pay for child support, even if the children are not his, courts won't even consider going after the wife or the biological father, but continue as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    Oh, I know it's not fair, but life itself isn't fair. Is it fair to females that they are the ones who become pregnant? They're the ones who must menstruate? Produce milk and breastfeed? Suffer menopause? Birth children? It sucks, a lot, but that's just the way it is. Biology has dictated that females carry a heavier burden, therefore they ought to have more options in choosing how to deal with conception.
    GeezÖ Iím surprised most females donít kill themselves before their 12th birthday.

You seem to complain about womenís biological problems more than they do.

At least women donít need to worry about getting kicked in the nuts.

Edit: Have you ever had to live with a woman going through menopause? Let me tell ya it ainít no picnic.
    Last edited by tucker; 03-10-2006 at 10:44 PM.