making a video clip compilation

My boss said yesterday that he wanted to make a compilation of his favorite scenes from movies that he has on DVD. He's looking to get around 10 scenes of around 5-10 minutes in length on a DVD as a final product. He wanted me to "ask my geek friends" to see if this can be done with freeware (the geek thing was in jest).

So can this be done without spending hundreds of $ on video editing software?

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Re: making a video clip compilation

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysauce
    My boss said yesterday that he wanted to make a compilation of his favorite scenes from movies that he has on DVD. He's looking to get around 10 scenes of around 5-10 minutes in length on a DVD as a final product. He wanted me to "ask my geek friends" to see if this can be done with freeware (the geek thing was in jest).

So can this be done without spending hundreds of $ on video editing software?
    You could use a trial of mpeg-vcr and do it easily. the trial version is a full working copy and is very user friendly. To author use a full working trial of TMPEnc DVD Author.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."