Need iso or copy/paste/rar of K8V SE Deluxe driver CD

My friend has this motherboard and is having issues with the initial release bios. He also can not manage to flash his bios via floppy since it constantly tells him that he is typing in the wrong filename when he is not. Since the winflash utility as well as all of the other utilities you might want for your K8VSEDeluxe are not on the asus website (quite retardedly) it is necessary to have someone help him out and send us an iso or rar of the driver CD. If any of you would be so kind as to undertake this please pm me or message me on aim, my sn is in my profile.
    Last edited by slipknotfan53; 03-14-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    AMD X6 1090T @ 3.6 GHz (200x18) | ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 | 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6-9-6-24 1T
    Radeon HD5850 | HT Omega Claro Halo | PC P&C 750W Silencer Mk II | Lian Li PC-60FN
    EK Supreme HF CPU Block -> Swiftech MCR-220 Radiator -> Swiftech MCP-655 Laing D5 Pump

Heat 32-1-0

Re: Need iso or copy/paste/rar of K8V SE Deluxe driver CD

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotfan53
    My friend has this motherboard and is having issues with the initial release bios. He also can not manage to flash his bios via floppy since it constantly tells him that he is typing in the wrong filename when he is not. Since the winflash utility is not (quite retardedly) as well as all of the other utilities you might want for your K8VSEDeluxe are not on the asus website it is necessary to have someone help him out and send us an iso or rar of the driver CD. If any of you would be so kind as to undertake this please pm me or message me on aim, my sn is in my profile.
    Don't have the CD, but if it helps...
    Here is the link to afudos: http://support.asus.com/technicaldoc...Language=en-us

Actually that is a how to article with the link (it is linked on the download page, left side). This is the exact link: http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AFUDOS221.zip <--global
    http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AFUDOS221.zip <--USA

Should be on any of the FTP sites also under "utilities".

Just a note that usually that error is caused because the user hits "Enter" in the previous screen more than once, it carries to the next screen as a space, so the name entered is "[space]k8vbios.bin" and doesn't work. You can't see the spaces, so it is confusing.

A way to avoid this is to make a batch file with the flash command and the bios name. that way, no typing errors.

He isn't making any errors and already has afudos. I even tried to help him, but it simply does not work; we need the CD with winflash.
    AMD X6 1090T @ 3.6 GHz (200x18) | ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 | 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6-9-6-24 1T
    Radeon HD5850 | HT Omega Claro Halo | PC P&C 750W Silencer Mk II | Lian Li PC-60FN
    EK Supreme HF CPU Block -> Swiftech MCR-220 Radiator -> Swiftech MCP-655 Laing D5 Pump

Heat 32-1-0

He isn't making any errors and already has afudos. I even tried to help him, but it simply does not work; we need the CD with winflash.
    OK. Don't know about Winflash, Are you very sure that that is the utility needed? don't recall Asus shipping Winflash with any of its boards. The Asus windows flasher is Asus Update; and that is available for download. Didn't suggest that earlier because afudos is the only flasher for that board that is compatible with all of the bios versions.
    Last edited by Senor Panadero; 03-14-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Heat 32-1-0

That is the notebook section. See the icons?
    http://support.asus.com/technicaldoc...Language=en-us
    It is available for download too in the notebook sections of the FTP sites in the asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/nb/W1N/ directories. Sure don't suggest it.

http://support.asus.com/technicaldoc...Language=en-us
    Please verify the exact notebook model...

As SP mentioned, AsusUpdate is the windows utility for the motherboard.You'll see instructions on using it on page 4-7 in the k8v-se deluxe manual.
    Also as SP mentioned, the Asus download site says not to use Asusupdate or EZFlash for updating an existing bios that is prior to 1003.
    If your current bios is 1003 or later and you try AsusUpdate, I suggest you do not flash "live" over the the internet, use the flash from file method and flash a previously download bios.

The command line for afudos from the a:\> is
    afudos /oFILENAME
    ie
    afudos /oK8VSEDX.007
    with a space after afudos.
    You could also try renaming the file extensiom .rom, though I don't think it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB
    The command line for afudos from the a:\> is
    afudos /oFILENAME
    ie
    afudos /oK8VSEDX.007
    with a space after afudos.
    You could also try renaming the file extensiom .rom, though I don't think it's necessary.
    Late, I know, but I think your /o<filename> should be /i<filename>.

You're right...didn't register that I was looking at the page to copy your bios.
    i it is

Quote Originally Posted by CMB
    You're right...didn't register that I was looking at the page to copy your bios.
    i it is
    In my world, it's always I or me.

You still need the CD? i've got it and would be willing to upload it for you to download