Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thousands march to support law breakers.

Yep another illegal immigration thread. I don't
    understand why people support illegal
    immigrants, unless they themselves or/and
    families are here illegally..Oh and I guess
    those employers who hire illegals.

I feel Ga has it spot on with the bill
    passed by their House.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/283913

In Georgia, activists said tens of thousands of workers did not show up at their jobs Friday after calls for a work stoppage to protest a bill passed by the Georgia House on Thursday.

That bill, which has yet to gain Senate approval, would deny state services to adults living in the U.S. illegally and impose a 5 percent surcharge on wire transfers from illegal immigrants.

Supporters say the Georgia measure is vital to homeland security and frees up limited state services for people legally entitled to them. Opponents say it unfairly targets workers meeting the demands of some of the state's largest industries.
    A comment by one married to an illegal .

Jennifer Garcia worried what would the proposal would do to her family. She said her husband is an illegal Mexican immigrant.

"If they send him back to Mexico, who's going to take care of them and me?" Garcia said of herself and her four children. "This is the United States. We need to come together and be a whole."
    Simple. Pack your bags and go with him.
    That's not hard to figure out. Keep the family
    unit together.

I have zero sympathy for illegal immigrants.
    Those who go through the Immigration Dept
    are more than welcome as far I'm concerned,
    but those who do not go through the INS
    do this and that is first thing they've
    accomplished stepping on U.S soil is to
    BREAK U.S IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Now we all have to obey the law. Why should
    these illegals be given a free pass ? How about
    those who HAVE come here and did process
    through the U.S Immigration Dept ? I see
    this as a HUGE slap to their faces. They've
    gone the extra mile to become legal here
    in one form or another, yet giving illegals
    a break is just as fine and dandy.

That to me is major BULLSCAT.

Re: Thousands march to support law breakers.

Agreed

Thousands march to support law breakers.
    I have another "illegal" for you:

While I agree that people should immigrate legally, I do not agree with the emotional rhetoric or pejoratives of those who find themselves on "your side".
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I just read what I could find about the proposed Senate Legislation. I dont find anything shocking in it at all. It seems to take a harder slap at businesses and does seem to allow folks to continue working for a spell.

^^How on earth is what happened to Rosa the same as what happens to a non citizen?
    There is no legislative solution that will naturalize 12million people who have avoided the rules.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-24-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    I have another "illegal" for you:

While I agree that people should immigrate legally, I do not agree with the emotional rhetoric or pejoratives of those who find themselves on "your side".
    Yea, whatever Orang. Rosa Parks has about as much to do with this issue as Cheerios. Just so I can understand you right, you don't agree with illegal immigration either, but you think the best course of action is to just do nothing about it? I guess you wouldn't want to seem "emotional" right?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

discrimination has nothing to do with this. I dont want to see any illegals here, black, white, brown... if you're illegal, get the hell out of here. I dont discriminate against anyone, just illegals! If they file the papers, lean english and get a job, fine, come! at least learn english. dont come here and expect us to change for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip
    Yea, whatever Orang. Rosa Parks has about as much to do with this issue as Cheerios.
    On the contrary, Rosa Parks is quite applicable to this debate. After all, she was an illegal whose actions resulted in thousands marching and protesting her law-breaking cause.

Just so I can understand you right, you don't agree with illegal immigration either, but you think the best course of action is to just do nothing about it?
    Where did I say that?

I guess you wouldn't want to seem "emotional" right?
    I don't wish to associate myself with those whose arguments revolved around bigotry and emotion. As usually happens, logic is tossed out the window.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

wait a second!!!! why do we call the illegal mexicans wetbacks? most of them come aross where the rio grand isn't, so we sould be calling them drybacks!! Stupid person who ever came up with that word... wetback... pfffttt

wonder how far we here would get doing this?

Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense. Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors. Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly. Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, "It is a cultural USA thing. You would not understand, pal." Keep your American identity strong. Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper. Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system. Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal presence in Mexico. Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws. Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.

Only in the US would you get away with this kind of behavier.Im one that believes people that are not US citizens dont deserve the same rights as a US citizen.Its kinda like a pitch in dinner if you dont pitch in you dont eat.Whats so wrong with denying someone who dont belong here the rights of those who do?

^^That would go over big. Yikes.

Its a complicated issue with complicated implications. While sending all 12 million back may seem to make sense? Why shoot ourselves in the foot. And why attempt the impossible.. Toughen up the border...thats first. Hammer the employers who are knowingly breaking the law.
    Work out a temporary deal with people you catch....give them documents and a few years to return to Mexico.
    Also we obviously need to increase the quotas...but people we catch cant cut in "line" for citizenship....that would insult people that are in the citizenship process now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^That would go over big. Yikes.

Its a complicated issue with complicated implications. While sending all 12 million back may seem to make sense? Why shoot ourselves in the foot. Toughen up the border...thats first. Hammer the employers who are knowingly breaking the law.
    Work out a temporary deal with people you catch....give them documents and a few years to return to Mexico.
    Also we obviously need to increase the quotas...but people we catch cant cut in "line" for citizenship....that would insult people that are in the citizenship process now.
    I agree sending them all back would probly cost us more than just making them all do it the right way.The humanitarian crises it would cause in mexico would be more expensive .either way we go we would be shelling out tax money in relief money anyway.I also agree with @12 million illegals thats alot of illeagal employers exploiting these people messing up the econemy and stealing there value as potential tax paying citizens.Seems the cost of closing the borders and forcing complience in the long run would be a better investment than allowing it to go on any further.

^^I forgot one thing. When these folks are discovered? Have a new set/series of SS cards made up for the group. That way they are taxpayers.

I say give them an incintive to earn towards citizenship by making them pay so much in taxes before they can become citizens.Why should the illegal employers make all the money off them? Immigrant tax could help pay for the proccess.And if they did need help in the form of social services that would ease the burden on the rest of us.

^^Yup. And having a SS card/# is the best leverage theyll ever have with their employers. That will push up the wage....and what can the employer do? Adjust.

I just dont see why when our government does do something seemingly drastic to enforce illegal immigation exploitation on both sides of the issue whether it be against immigrants exploiting the system or illegal employers exploiting immigrants theres so much contraversy to it?Also when they do passlaws we get people who want to label it as a race issue like the rosa parks introduction into this thread which may have something in common to do with breaking a law but NOTHING TO DO with illegal immigration.