Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Thousands march to support law breakers.

There is nothing wrong with what you have said, and I entirely agree with you.

However, you must prevail upon your local representation to eliminate the fat cat co-ops, the subsidiaries and their holders and the corporately owned farms, that have, in essence, taken illegally, lands from US citizens (farmers) from the 70's and 80's. Lobbyist, via that of the previous, helped to usher in a newly created legal avenue to supersede the Constitution via the supreme court system to do just what I have stated, and now, we the American public, are once again, paying for that lack of fore sight.

So much for our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Taxation via unbiased representation via that of the general populace- it is the right of the people to self govern, right or wrong, not the right of the government (or should I say corporate America) to do this in our namesake for we the people.

We (America) have become a land of crooks and one uppers. A bunch of self serving "get it while you can" crooks I should say (along with most of the rest of the "free" world).

Sadly, this was set in motion long ago, and yes I do believe in conspiracies, locally and European that is/are ~ at the cost of John Q. Public- that is to say, you and me.

Think on it. This is by design. Maybe we should do something about this once and for all?

Alpha
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

BTW, I have a few ideas as to what we "SHOULD DO". I wonder, what you members think we "SHOULD DO".

BTW, I see some people never change, some people continue to think one sided, I wonder, do you propose this as a way of reinforcement to your ideas, or rather, stubborn insolence based on nothing more then your own personal desire(s)?

How about some counter ideas here- or, is that to much for you people to come up with?

Alpha
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan
    I have another "illegal" for you:

While I agree that people should immigrate legally, I do not agree with the emotional rhetoric or pejoratives of those who find themselves on "your side".
    Rosa Parks was an illegal immigrant? Wow, what country did she immigrate here from? Was she a citizen of Africa?
    Last edited by JungleMan; 03-24-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_03
    BTW, I have a few ideas as to what we "SHOULD DO". I wonder, what you members think we "SHOULD DO".

BTW, I see some people never change, some people continue to think one sided, I wonder, do you propose this as a way of reinforcement to your ideas, or rather, stubborn insolence based on nothing more then your own personal desire(s)?

How about some counter ideas here- or, is that to much for you people to come up with?

Alpha
    As I've said I'm not against legal immigrants.
    I believe the immigration process should be
    reformed in such a way as to help stream
    line and speed up the req's. For those
    here illegally I also think a lien on their
    assets should be applied and a 5 to 10%
    tax levied against these assets until they
    establish the paperwork and have began
    the process of either becoming a citizen
    or a legal non-citizen, or legal guest.

I also think employers should also be
    severely penalized for hiring illegals.
    A penalty tax on not only their business's
    but their personal assets should be assessed.

If for some reason illegals do pay payroll
    tax etc, when it comes to tax return time
    forget it. It goes into a Federal coffer
    to pay for other illegals who are in prison,
    get any benefits, etc.

You don't reward them for breaking the law,
    but there's no reason we can't help those
    who want to become legal either.

But giving them blanket amnesty or waiting
    for them to go back to wherever they've
    come from in five years is again flat out
    BULLSCAT.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 03-25-2006 at 12:25 AM.

Here is a novel Idea:

January 1, 2007 thru January 31, 2007 becomes the month of Legalization for foreign inhabitants- registration day, so to speak. Use of force if necessary~ remember, these are not US citizens YET, they are foreign invaders.

Apply what ever rules and standards at that time deemed necessary and force each state to follow through with an equal commitment. Then a nation wide audit of the results in the following tax year to verify the results. Those states lacking will pay a penalty of some sort at the end of this same year (remove federal funding), and then a review of what, why, and how to solve this states "problem".

Any illegal(s) that do not register with in this one month period will be removed from the USA and sent back from where they came from, regardless of their status.

Those already in our prisons are sent back to where they came from, with out ANY court hearing, because they have already broken a given states law and hence do not deserve citizenship- send them back from whence they came.

Make each state, by way of a census, pay a sir tax for the number of IA's they have, this will cause the people to prevail upon their local, state and federal representation, to either: stop the means by which these IA's come into our country and/or come up with viable solutions for the existing problems we already have.

Creating this "hardship" might initially cause a ruckus and may seem harsh, however, it will bring a direct focus upon those who are at the source of the problem, at which point these persons can then be dealt with appropriately. Necessity, is after all, the creator of viable solutions~ History proves this.

EDIT: Oh and BTW, make English the legal language of the United States of America. This will surely turn things around (and piss off quite a few special interest groups, that in reality serve no REAL purpose)~ i.e. remove the individualization (minority) principles that are already taking a foot hold with-in our various societies. It is well known that these very practices have been proven to create segregation of ANY society, and the very thing many Liberals detest, and yet, these same people cry wolf when one seeks to solve the problem.

However, I am not saying a foreign language is wrong, what I am saying, is that catering to a special interest group of minorities (those who do not speak English by personal choice) creates an un-necessary hardship for the general populace, and is actually un-Constitutional and illegal. This- because it is reverse discrimination, and creates taxation with out due causation or representation. Besides, if we are to cater to a foreign language, then we must cater to ALL foreign languages, for if we do not, then again the case for discrimination is brought to bear via some other group. There fore English should be the Legal spoken language, and taught to ANY foreigner(s) that wish to reside in the United States of America. Not to mention it makes very good economical sense.

After the above is put in to action and in place- seal the border up, just like every other country does- via the millitary.

Is this a perfect solution, no, but it is a start~ care to add-lib?
    Last edited by alpha_03; 03-25-2006 at 09:35 AM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

^^^ Not bad, alpha, not bad at all. A good start and much better than not agreeing with the emotional rhetoric whilst posting a picture of Rosa Parks.

I think a beginning to a solution can be found by going after employers of illegals (yes, I do it myself, have an illegal gardener). I see the root of the problem being with the absolute freedom from repercussion that exists for those who hire illegals. Their motive is clear and simple, money... and they (we) break the law to do it. One big problem that arises from this is that it has so deeply permeated some industries that without the practice, companies can't stay competitive without participating.

A case in point is one that I see often as an architect. Unless I'm specifying real high end products, the roofers are ALWAYS illegal Mexicans working for out-of-county companies. They've gone to roofing from the jobs of picking fruits and veggies because it pays better. In the mean time, legitimate and local roofing companies are having one hell of a time staying competitive. Complaints from the local companies fall on deaf ears and there hasn't been a single slap on the wrist to the companies hiring illegals under the table.

I would ask, what would we feel is fair punishment for a company using illegal software? Treble damages, maybe? If so, then how about fining anyone who is caught hiring illegals three times the payroll they paid out to illegals?

I also think that illegals should be treated in a similar fashion when checked out by law enforcement as people on parole that are breaking the rules. They should be detained... but instead of being eventually sent to the big house, should be deported... not just right across the border, but to the capitol city of their country. I also think the country that they came from should be charged with ALL the deportation costs and if they don't want to reimburse the costs, they should be sanctioned with something serious.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 03-25-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Rosa Parks really doesn't mirror what's going on with illegal immigration. We have illegal immigrants who are being paid and getting services that should be exclusive to United States citizens. Rosa Parks was NOT getting illegal treatment at the time. It was the law, regardless of if you agree on that issue or not. In Rosa Parks case, the law was enforced; with illegal immigrants, it is not. Creative, but no dice, Orang.

Howdy Dutch, yep, I have been saying this same thing for the last two years here.

I think a beginning to a solution can be found by going after employers of illegals
    I especially like this addition you added:
    I also think that illegals should be treated in a similar fashion when checked out by law enforcement as people on parole that are breaking the rules. They should be detained... but instead of being eventually sent to the big house, should be deported... not just right across the border, but to the capitol city of their country. I also think the country that they came from should be charged with ALL the deportation costs and if they don't want to reimburse the costs, they should be sanctioned with something serious.
    I think once Hillary becomes President, (and she will be ) we might see some similar type of action, but this will take at least two years, and by then we will have 40 million of Mexico's "undesirables" here.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

As for the employment of these people, I really do not know what to do about this- save jail, fines and other penalties. I realize it is very unfair to legitimate business. And yes, it is an illegal practice. Oddly enough, might I ask, what is it that we as a society do when one is found breaking the law?

We put law breakers in jail, fine them, and take away their ability to again do such things.

I wonder, why are the individual states not doing this? We do it here in NE. Seems there is a REAL conspiracy at work in certain areas of our country, doesn't it.

I think I clearly presented the reasoning a few posts back. However, it may have possibly been over looked.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

^^Hey to Alpha.

Let me jam this newspiece in here. It illustrates the difference between a Rosa Parks and and the protestors

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060325/D8GIA4982.html

"we want the American dream"

Well? Thats nice. A great first step would be to wrap yourself in something other than a Mexican flag. Despite what you have been told? This is the United States of America...not Mexico.
    You will not "take" the American dream....or "demand" the American dream.
    Earn it....just like every citizen earns it....

"If they send him back to Mexico, who's going to take care of them and me?" Garcia said of herself and her four children. "This is the United States. We need to come together and be a whole."

^^Thanks for redefining what America is for us stupid gringos.
    And how is your issue my problem? You and your children are parts from a stolen car and you ask to be legitimized?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-25-2006 at 10:40 AM.

"If they send him back to Mexico, who's going to take care of them and me?" Garcia said of herself and her four children. "This is the United States. We need to come together and be a whole."
    The answer is obvious, she should then apply for residency in Mexico... heaven forbid the responsibility of caring for herself and her children should fall on herself...

^^the premise is astounding. "we deserve"...."we are owed" "we demand"

These folks are in no position to demand anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    These folks are in no position to demand anything.
    So one would think. But... we have legislators who are giving them that very position.

"Congress is considering bills that would make it a felony to be illegally in the United States, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border. The proposals have angered many Hispanics."

Thats a start but whats to consider? I say do it now dont wait or ponder on it.

So...who was it, in this thread, that asked if Jennifer Garcia is a citizen of the U.S.? Who asked if any of the four children mentioned were born in the U.S.?
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.