Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: Thousands march to support law breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by no2guncntrl
    Illegals come here and
    get rewarded..That sound right
    to you ?
    Absolutely not. As a land owner and landlord in san diego, it makes me vomit that these people get away with it. I'm sick and tired of the lawlessness, utter disregard for other people's property, and our laws.

That sound right
    to you ?
    ^^^ Yep...

500,000 people who marched through downtown Los Angeles
    ^^^ Thatís an awfully worrisome statistic if you were to ask me.

3,000 people, many wrapped in Mexican flags, rallied at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus
    ^^^ That is by far the most telling and provocative statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by no2guncntrl
    An update on the demonstrations supporting these lawbreakers >
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/135782/*http:...co/immigration

Having the military on the borders would make
    things interesting for those who come here
    illegally and setting up a bounty for illegals
    would surely get some results..
    bounties sound like a bad idea....theyll end up own the property of who ever turns them in thanks to the ACLU.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

"We are now one of the largest Spanish-speaking nations in the world. We're a major source of Latin music, journalism and culture.

Just go to Miami, or San Antonio, Los Angeles, Chicago or West New York, New Jersey ... and close your eyes and listen. You could just as easily be in Santo Domingo or Santiago, or San Miguel de Allende.

For years our nation has debated this change -- some have praised it and others have resented it. By nominating me, my party has made a choice to welcome the new America.

As I speak, we are celebrating the success of democracy in Mexico.
    George Bush from a campaign speech in Miami, August 2000.

Thanks to all that voted for Bush...
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

Here is a decent article that explains some of the proposed legislation

http://www.nationalreview.com/editor...0603270825.asp

^^^ The way it looks to me there isnít a dime's worth of difference between the major party leadershipís on the illegal immigration issue. Republican or democrat, liberal or conservative all of em are suckin' hind titty.

To bad there isnít an independent candidate that could come up big time on the illegal immigration issue in 2006 and 2008. I think the right independent candidates could gain at lot of momentum if they have the right solution for the problem.
    Last edited by tucker; 03-27-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    ... That is by far the most telling and provocative statistic.
    Them marching with the mexican flag wrapped around them tells me they're not interested in being a citizen in the traditional sense of the word. What galls me is standing in line at the supermarket and hearing one of them say, in essense, we make babies a lot faster and we'll breed you right off the planet.

Another galling example... an elementary school just around the corner from me. The same one I attended back on the 50's. When mothers come to pick up their kids now, most of them have yellow "front BC" (tijuana) license plates on their cars, most of them are pregnant, again, and we're paying for it!!

I can also say that I detest having to go to court at least once a year to evict one of them who either fails to pay the rent on time, gets busted for drugs in one of my houses, or more galling, still, aiding/harboring more illegals!!!!! I've since hired a property management agency to take care of that BS for me, and every tennant must sign an extreemly precisely worded rental agreement, which so far has been very effective.

/rant

And to further complicate things...at least for our fantastic politicians is the black perspective on immigration policy. Dont be fooled that young black males see this issue as a civil rights issue. For many, the nonstop illegal immigration is a direct threat to how they might earn a living.
    "Mexicans do the work we wont do?" I beg to differ. The press loves that cliche.
    Perhaps the press will sing a different tune when imported reporters begin working here at half what theyre paid.

It'll happen, no doubt in my mind. We all better feel threatened. It is so brazen where I'm at that you can't go to a dixiline or home depot store without being mobbed by scads of illegals wanting to work under the table.

There is also a very concerted effort by latino real estate groups to buy out as many single family dwellings as they can get their hands on. For years, not one day went by without my getting a phone call to that exact effect. Its common knowlege here. Needless to say my land line is usually unplugged these days.

I bet Brad...it has alot to do with what Congress has allowed [but I need detail] around cheap FHA money for illegals who manage to get a tax #.
    Im basing that on a recent conversation with a Mexican carpenter I know. I understand there is a special program.
    Maybe something similar that allows illegal immigrants special college tuition rates even tho out of state citizens have to pay the higher freight.

What goes on in my town isn't even legit, and it effects my community very badly. Do a search on our illustrious mayor nick inzunza for a little insight into our local problems.

I don't mean to be an "I told you so", but I did, in this thread and others a few years back.

Look at what is now beginning, rioting and demonstrations from people who are not even LEGAL US citizens. Isn't that hoot.

I am very reluctant to even consider the idea of what this will lead to, but this I do know, Legal American people will not tolerate this sort of " Marxist idealism", I know that I for one will not- not for one second.

You can, and may well, attempt to blind the issue with cries regarding "Civil Rights", however, Civil rights ONLY pertain to those people who have the LEGAL right in which to cry foul from the get go.

I wonder, shall we all illegally enter say - Iran, China, Viet Nam, North Korea or say the Old Soviet Union and shout from the streets wearing the flag of the United States, I demand my Civil Rights? Hmmm. Bang Bang your dead comes to mind. Or better yet, why arent these same people making these same demands on THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT of MEXICO?

It is no supprize that the would be leadership of the new "American movement" has risen up to the forefront at this time, after all, what a perfect situation for these people to garner even more strength for themselves from those with in their "silent invasion" army. I wonder, do these same would be leaders pick the crops, clean the bathrooms, and do the supposed "work no one else will do"- I have checked, and no, they in fact do not.

As well I wonder do these same people even take the time to stop and consider what they are in fact doing to the average American and his/her way of life- not for one second do they even care, and you can bank on that.

I wonder, has any one even considered my LEGALLY born Civil Rights? My right to live in MY country unfettered with/o a burden that is not even mine to begin with?

I wonder, what if any response would such a person here illegally utter in response to someone like me sticking the barrel of gun at their face and telling them to get the hell out of my country, you don't belong here, you are trespassing- if you want to be here, use legal means to do so.

I wonder what is wrong with America standing up for her right to defend herself, from a silent invasion created by a corrupt government, and corrupt business leaders.

Orang, if you can answer the above and tell me that I am wrong, then you sir should go stand on their side and demonstrate "your" patriotism, and when the proverbial Sh!t hits the fan, I wonder, will you still be on that same front line.
    Last edited by alpha_03; 03-27-2006 at 01:49 PM.
    Nebraska Game and Parks

I've been at this a long time and I still know nothing!! High end digitized ~ analog, turkey hunter.

American Audio Nut- my gear- JBL, DBX, Revel, Thorens, Shure, Odyssey, M&K, AB International, Van Alstine, PS Audio, Pioneer, Trio, Dynaco, Integra Research, Audio Research, and JBL Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_03
    As well I wonder do these same people even take the time to stop and consider what they are in fact doing to the average American and his/her way of life- not for one second do they even care, and you can bank on that.

I wonder, has any one even considered my LEGALLY born Civil Rights? My right to live in MY country unfettered with/o a burden that is not even mine to begin with?

I wonder, what if any response would such a person here illegally utter in response to someone like me sticking the barrel of gun at their face and telling them to get the hell out of my country, you don't belong here, you are trespassing- if you want to be here, use legal means to do so.

I wonder what is wrong with America standing up for her right to defend herself, from a silent invasion created by a corrupt government, and corrupt business leaders.
    I couldn't agree more, on all counts. The last straw, for me anyway, came when it was said at one of our county's several landowners association meetings, that mexicans don't fly the mexican flag on their front porch out of respect for or support of mexico. They do it in support of their people and their efforts to keep coming, by any means available to them. That is a virtual quote that I heard with my own ears, and they're not afraid to say it.

Boy and I thought the Borg had it down pat regarding assimilation.
    It's obvious that though there are many different groups on illegals
    here in the U.S the majority come from down south with the
    mindset of taking all the good and bountiful here in the U.S, use
    it to their advantage while at the same time having little regard for
    U.S history or culture, which one has to admit came from
    European immigration.

Thing is when they came they tried to lean English and help
    build the Nation. Now days its all about turning the Nation
    into a resemblance of their 3rd world homeland without the poverty.

When in America the Stars & Stripes is
    the primary flag. English is the primary
    language. Not Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc..

Cripes ! Has anyone ever looked at a
    DMV drivers manual here in Ca ? It must
    have at least 5 or 6 different types of
    language going on. Now how much do you
    think THAT costs ?

When one goes to traffic court, there has to
    be an interpreter present or 3/4 of the
    courtroom won't know what was going on
    as well as the judge ! Now if that isn't
    a breakdown, what is ? How much do you
    think it costs to employ these interpreters ?

And that reply about thanking Bush is right on, but this goes
    back a long ways and both partys are to blame. Gov Pete Wilson
    of Ca in the mid 90's backed Prop 187 which would attacked
    illegal immigration head on. As it turns out, Prop 187 failed,
    [corrected below thanks Tucker]
    the GOP here in Ca lost almost all important seats in Sac, the
    Dems won the majority in both the Assembly and Senate, and
    we ended up with the likes of Grey Davis as Gov, and Bill Lockyer
    as AG. Two of the most liberal people around who wholeheartedly
    supported illegal immigration. What's that tell you about Cal ?

I support HR.4437 and I think any American
    who has been born here or has gone
    through the legal immigration process would
    want to support it as well, but thats just me.

Something must be done and rewarding
    illegals for breaking the law as the very first thing
    they do when stepping on U.S lands is NOT
    the answer.

Legal immigration is fine. Different tongues
    are fine. Different culture is fine, etc. But
    when coming here immigrants should adapt
    to the U.S core not the other way around.

No one part is larger than the whole.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 04-09-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Found it. It was a Sowell article I was thinking about earlier when I talked about reporters and immigration. Its a bit dated...but his issues remain.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/colu...16/155188.html

Legalizing the Illegals
    by Thomas Sowell (October 31, 2003)

Many Americans are concerned because millions of illegal immigrants enter this country and little seems to be done to stop them. But California Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, leader of the Democrats in the House of Representatives, is upset because now something is being done to catch some of them.

Police raids on dozens of Wal-Mart stores are "terrorizing" illegal immigrants, according to House Minority Leader Pelosi. What would she do about illegal immigrants? Legalize them!

This mindset is not confined to Nancy Pelosi. There are several bills currently before Congress to make "undocumented workers" -- we are too delicate to call illegal aliens what they are -- legal residents. After that, they are on the road to citizenship.

In other words, come here illegally and we will make you legal!

Just recently, California's outgoing Governor Gray Davis signed a law giving illegal aliens the right to get driver's licenses. Since driver's licenses are widely accepted as identification, that amounts to providing illegal aliens widespread access to the institutions of American society, private and public.

Illegal aliens living in California can go to the state universities and pay only the in-state tuition, while native-born American citizens who live in neighboring Oregon or Nevada have to pay much higher out-of-state tuition to attend California's state universities. Apparently Mexico is not out of state.

Some of this is just shameless politics, in utter disregard of what most Americans want and oblivious to the irreversible changes that massive illegal immigration introduces into American society. When an illegal immigrant is allowed to settle in the United States, any child born to that illegal alien automatically becomes an American citizen -- and all that child's relatives back in Mexico or elsewhere then have the inside track to come here legally.

All this is widely known. But it is also widely disregarded in the quest for Hispanic votes. Yet what is happening cannot all be explained by cynical and short-sighted politics.

After all, we still have a free press and innumerable television channels. If those in the media who loudly proclaim "the public's right to know" when it suits their interests were serious about alerting the public to what is happening, and put as much indignation into it as they put into many more trivial issues, the mass outcry from voters would quickly get the politicians' attention.

The fact is that the intelligentsia have no stomach for defending American society or its culture and values, and certainly not as much interest in doing so as they have in posturing as friends of the underdog, or as citizens of the world who are above parochial national concerns.

Another factor is that even critics of illegal immigration have to admit that many of the most hard-working people in California are people of Mexican origin, both legal and illegal.

You don't see Mexicans or Mexican Americans begging on the streets of San Francisco, for example, the way you often see healthy white men who look perfectly capable of working, if they did not find begging an easier or more profitable life.

But it is a bogus argument that illegal immigrants do work that most Americans refuse to do. The fallacy would become obvious, even to the media, if Mexican reporters came over here illegally and worked for half of what American reporters were getting.

Would the media still buy the argument that these reporters from Mexico were just doing work that you cannot get Americans to do? Or would they finally wake up to the fact that the pay level has a lot to do with whether Americans will accept certain jobs?

Another fallacious argument is that today's immigration is nothing new because this country has absorbed millions of immigrants in the past. In the past, people came here to become Americans, not remain foreigners. But between the multicultural craze and the proximity of Mexico, Americanization has an uphill fight and may never become the norm.

The question is not how many new Americans can we accept but how many more foreigners can we absorb? And how many terrorists?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 03-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.