Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need help with senior thesis on time travel.

Hey, I'm doing my senior thesis on time travel, I need a first hand source so I need to interview someone that is knowledgeable in the areas of astrophysics and theoretical science. Someone with some sort of degree in physics would be preferrable but it's all good. AIM: a1pha732 pm me for cell #. Thanks alot.
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

Re: Need help with senior thesis on time travel.

sorry to be a jackass but i had to do it

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=418254

My Games Updated 9/12/05

rofl. Bbut backwards time travel is impossible
    Phenom 9850 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | Biostar 790gx | Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4GB | Asus Radeon HD4870 512MB | Antec NeoHe 550 | Soyo 26" lcd

^no it's not.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

did someone say time travel - count me in bitches! DAR DAR DAR DASR *COOL MUSIC>

This isn't working well

dude its all relative...anyways good luck with the paradox.....IF the Teacher doesnt like it
    you can always travel a few light years away faster than the speed of light pull out your telescope and watch yourself get an F all over again.....
    Sorry i couldnt be of any actual help

I used to have Stephen Hawking's AIM, but I lost it

You could check this site out
    http://www.mkaku.org/

Or try to contcact John Titor.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

If time travel to the past is not possible, please explain why.
    Having a smoking section in a resturant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas
    Because no one ever went back and killed Hitler as a baby.

cuz ....its like this you see....no matter what your "perception" "theories based on faster than light speed travel only allow third person viewing of an event" you cant actually change what happened becuase...its already happened. Time is relative...a measurement ...Plato said "without motion there is no time" thats a sloppy quote. Human perception on time is extremely skewed its the reason we have to have physical indicators of time. Wether it be light ..suns position...a watch..humans really do have poor time perception. I have a lot of theories on perception of time.. becuase time is trully intangible people will continue to entertain thoughts of time travel.... Every measurement is based off a Standard. With Time its based of a constant which was light and dark... its progress as humans tools progress so does the exactness of the standard...however dont get confussed just becuase our technology is greater and the standard more exact doesnt mean people have any better understanding of the original concept. Thats why very smart people entertain very stupid ideas.

But someone capable of time-travel would inevitably know that killing Hitler would spur drastic changes to the time-space continuum and in the end preventing them from discovering time-travel to being-with. That in turn makes it impossible for them to go back and kill Hitler and therefore time returns to normalcy and we continue as if it did not happen.

So no, time travel back in time is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by AireWolve -=[MB
    But someone capable of time-travel would inevitably know that killing Hitler would spur drastic changes to the time-space continuum and in the end preventing them from discovering time-travel to being-with. That in turn makes it impossible for them to go back and kill Hitler and therefore time returns to normalcy and we continue as if it did not happen.

So no, time travel back in time is impossible.
    ah hah now youve entered the paradox.... we kill hitler..it messes stuff up so we unkill hitler.....so since we never killed hitler we kill him gain and the cycle repeats...kinda like PI

becuase of things like this people ..start believe in alternate universes where hitler was killed...

ALL GOOD TO ME as long as people un=derstand why science fiction is fiction

Defies 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
    Time doesn't exists. All present day time measurements are based on distance.

So, time dialation is really distance dialation.

CE

(and, no, going back in time is NOT possible)

CE
    that's questionable. You can say velocity doesn't exist because it's based on measurements of time. It must be based on something or another simply because everything is based on everything else imo.