Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Lightbulb Re: The best antivirus

Just get KAV and forget KIS. I know a couple people that got KIS and all they had was problems. Even running it the way it was supposed to and turning everything except AV off in some circumstances (gaming, downloading, etc.) did not work. Just seems like too much work to figure it out and tweak it than it is worth.

Re: The best antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by mjt67
    anyone own Kaspersky Internet Secuirty 6.0 and is there any good one or better other one? does it scanning full or just partly? I just need to know some extra - i used save some video clips and lots of photo but not music stuff cos Im deaf as I dont hear any music so it wont very much multimedia in my hard drive -- I just want to know what Kaspersky IS 6.0 like - is good as stronger or just ok?

other one is ZoneAlarm Internet Securty 6.5 - good or same as previous software?

I know one thing is the price that cost quite dear but is it worth or not?
    I am Deaf too. How are you doing?

Kaspersky is recognized in the tops for AV line. I have been using Norton Internet Security for years (only gets more blot and fatter every year). When I tried Kasersky AV, that's it, very good (the best yet). I am not using any "Internet Security" since most routers have "hardware firewall" (close all open posts, etc). So, that saves the need of install more things (and reduce speed like memory hog, more background stuff running). I also disable the Windows Firewall.

However, I am not running any anti-spyware or adware. The Kaspersky Internet Security has those, which is also rated the best top in reviews. I am thinking about getting the Kas IS just to have the anti-spyware and stuff (I don't know, but should be able not to install the software firewall).

If you not know much about firewall, then get this and just make sure you disable the windows firewall (no need to run two software firewall).

Chuck

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products/compare-kav6-kis6.php
    Last edited by CNT; 07-27-2006 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster
    Just get KAV and forget KIS.
    That's what I've been doing, maybe I should continue that way. mjt67, probably get just the KIS alone then. You will be glad.

SkaarjMaster, do you use any anti-spyware and stuff (presume the free ones)?

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by CNT
    That's what I've been doing, maybe I should continue that way. mjt67, probably get just the KIS alone then. You will be glad.

Chuck
    Hi, Im all right -- I will try the 30 days trial to see which one KAV or KIS 6.0 -- anyway I live in Scotland and do you own hearing dog to help you for sound work?? I have on mine, it great company and great help. I also used Wireless ADSL Router modem that for me and dad to shared broadband at same time and yes the hardware firewall already enabled in router modem so think better to use the KAV instead of KIS but I still using McAfee VirusScan v10 with Spamkiller and Firewall Plus.. so should i stay or move to Kaspersky?? I also used Spyware Doctor 4.0 cos it good one.

I looked at the compare between KAV and KIS 6.0 but the KAV dont included anti-spam (Mcafee v10 does included plus 2 PCs for 1 price). What about ZoneAlarm Internet Secuirty 6.5 - any good?
    Last edited by mjt67; 07-27-2006 at 09:13 AM.

Hi, Im all right -- I will try the 30 days trial to see which one KAV or KIS 6.0 -- anyway I live in Scotland and do you own hearing dog to help you for sound work?? I have on mine, it great company and great help. I also used Wireless ADSL Router modem that for me and dad to shared broadband at same time and yes the hardware firewall already enabled in router modem so think better to use the KAV instead of KIS but I still using McAfee VirusScan v10 with Spamkiller and Firewall Plus.. so should i stay or move to Kaspersky?? I also used Spyware Doctor 4.0 cos it good one.

I looked at the compare between KAV and KIS 6.0 but the KAV dont included anti-spam (Mcafee v10 does included plus 2 PCs for 1 price). What about ZoneAlarm Internet Secuirty 6.5 - any good?
    When I hear McAfee, I get turn away right away. But, that's me, with too much time with McAfee. Norton is better than McAfee. If you already paid for the McAfee, then use it until it expires. All I can say is moving to Kaspersky will make you wonder how you put up with McAfee or Norton! About ZoneAlarm, I can not comment since I haven't used it (did tried the trail some years ago). I think ZoneAlarm is more for firewall than AV. If you have the hardware firewall enabled, why need "more" software firewall?

I was just interested in the anti-spyware/adware in the KIS. I am not using any of that stuff, as I should, so that's my point to me. I am also looking at Webroot, but $$.

I don't have hearing-guide dog. I think we chated a little some time ago through PM.

Chuck

When I hear McAfee, I get turn away right away. But, that's me, with too much time with McAfee. Norton is better than McAfee. If you already paid for the McAfee, then use it until it expires. All I can say is moving to Kaspersky will make you wonder how you put up with McAfee or Norton! About ZoneAlarm, I can not comment since I haven't used it (did tried the trail some years ago). I think ZoneAlarm is more for firewall than AV. If you have the hardware firewall enabled, why need "more" software firewall?

I was just interested in the anti-spyware/adware in the KIS. I am not using any of that stuff, as I should, so that's my point to me. I am also looking at Webroot, but $$.

I don't have hearing-guide dog. I think we chated a little some time ago through PM.

Chuck
    thanks Chuck - I will do that when it near expire that about 4 months away (November is the expire) and I will try different one and check on Kaspersky software..

Hearing dog is great and it make you feel more company - I have one and she is collie-cross -- you should get one (you dont pay any vet bill, the insurance will pay for it) - you can see the UK version on www.hearing-dogs.co.uk - dogs are very clever as it does understand what you say to the dog - when wear coat on dog is working and look after deaf person.

Chuck
    I use Ad-Aware, Spywareblaster, Spybot and Proxomitron. I have a hardware firewall in my router with Windows firewall disabled. I'm also using an old version (non-bloated) of Zone Alarm as a software firewall just in case. I know it's overkill, but I'm a bit overkill also.

I still need to install another on-demand scanner as a backup to KAV, but I'll do that soon. I'm looking for BitDefender for this.

I tried the Kaspersky 30 days trial but noticed it make wrong date so I changed to correct one but the activate refuse to change and correct - that put me off and Im just now to check the ZoneAlarm Internet Secuirty 6.5 15 day free trial and it look good but let you know later what I think.. Im sitting with McAfee 2006 (v10 Pro) -- KIS 6.0 that I found 2 things that put me off cos of activate and date that all wrong and refuse... if I buy then the activate will check and then if I change the date then it will refuse again....is it?? if so then it will put me off as well..

ZoneAlarm look good one - still think about but im still McAfee until November when it expire.

Lightbulb Re: The best antivirus

So just use KAV instead of KIS. Get the KAV free trial and see what happens. I'm not a big fan of the new Zone Alarm stuff and I used to have McAfee, but KAV is better. Trust me and Ned and.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster
    So just use KAV instead of KIS. Get the KAV free trial and see what happens. I'm not a big fan of the new Zone Alarm stuff and I used to have McAfee, but KAV is better. Trust me and Ned and.....
    Ive tried ZoneAlarms Internet Security 6.5 and it has very strong firewall also plenty of features you can use - it look good one as much easier also quite fast to scanning anti-virus as well. Remember KAV dont include anti-spam as there are lots of spam email through your inbox email.

Been using this for a few days now.
    http://www.kaspersky.com/kis6

It seems to work well. Im coming from nortons and i must say that this shit found more then norton and doesnt use as much resources. Im sold. Just bought the 2 year from them. 2 years down the road im sure somone will be better.

Remember KAV dont include anti-spam as there are lots of spam email through your inbox email.
    Forgot about that one. Maybe I should get the KIS then (and turn off the firewall).

Wow, look at the price $$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIS 6
    1 year = $69.95
    2 years = $99.95
    3 years = $139.95

KAV 6
    1 year = $49.95
    2 years = $74.95
    3 years = $99.95

Ive tried ZoneAlarms Internet Security 6.5 and it has very strong firewall also plenty of features you can use - it look good one as much easier also quite fast to scanning anti-virus as well. Remember KAV dont include anti-spam as there are lots of spam email through your inbox email.
    If Zone Alarm 6 fixed all the problems they had with 5, then it might be worth it. But I still wouldn't get the total package. It's better to get individual pieces that do each part better. For example, KAV is the best anti-virus, so get that for that part. To get rid of e-mail spam download SpamBayes (it is easy to use and does it well). For adware/spyware, download Ad-Aware and try SpywareBlaster and Spybot is you want to. Use a router as a hardware firewall and/or use ZA (non-suite) for a software firewall. Although, without trying ZA5 or ZA6 because of all the bashing of ZA5, I'll stick with ZA 4.5.594.000.

Sound good to use 1 piece each like Anti virus for KAV, and spamkiller by other software.. I will try to pick the piece and see if it good - I give KAV other try then.. Spyware Docto 4.0 is good software as it was detected 8 Trojan and I found it was sitting in the registy folder as Ive deleted 2 folders....

I tried the KAV 6.0 and it look good as it make correct activate and date - the scanning look lots faster - I wonder if I use KAV 6.0 plus any other firewall (It can use hardware and software at same time) and spamkiller that would be fine.. I may buy KAV 6.0 when it near expire after 30 days free trial - it better than the KIS 6.0... KAV 6.0 look quite cheaper at 24.00 online.

Kaspersky anti-spam isnt great so better without it as KAV 6.0 isnt include so that it much easier to mx anti-virus, firewall and spamkiller..