Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgradeitis

Re: Upgradeitis

Does any one else find it ironic that this thread, started by dna, has turned into a BF2 thread; a game that he loathes.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by IAmGhostDog
    Does any one else find it ironic that this thread, started by dna, has turned into a BF2 thread; a game that he loathes.
    I'm used to everything being about BF2 around here : p
    Just you guys wait...

hmmm, i wasn't aware that you could run 6x aa, i could only get 4xaa even on my x800xl, I run the same settings as invictus, and using the fraps benchmark i usually get about 60-70 fps avg.

Lenny i hope your folding on both machines

I am currently in the evga queue for a 7900gt ko, not sure if im gonna take it as i have read some bad things about evga not marking it as a warranty return and people paying 150 bucks in taxes and duties in canada, also i figure it'll be easier for me to buy a 7800gt in about 6-8 months for under 200 cad than it would a 7900gt ko

Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Upgradeitis for BF2, thats funny, sorry, we just get carried away

If it makes ya feel better, I'm looking for a SATA2 drive, if I sell my SATA WD 80 gig for $40 should I get a SATA2 WD 80 gig from neregg for $50 w/ shipping, or go all out and get a 250 gig for about $100, keep in mind cash flow is low.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256
    What are your system specs? Are you running on an Athlon XP system or Athlon 64?
    A64 3400, gig of Ram and an A8V board, should hold me over for a while, but I am gonna order a new case and psu in the next few weeks....

yeah I need to pick up this infamous BF2 game...... , then I can hang with you guys again

Quote Originally Posted by dna
    Yeah, that's the one I'm looking at. Price went down $10 over the last few days I see.
    Nope; Price went back up to $299 now. Guess I waited too long
    Oh well, I probably won't get a new card till next month... June... sigh...

So I installed the new mb & CPU in Buu's rig and now Windows won't boot at all, not even in safe mode. I was going to try to avoid a reinstall but it doesn't look good. I'll try a repair install but my brother recently installed the exact same board and a repair install didn't help. So I guess I'll be reinstalling Windows after all.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    So I installed the new mb & CPU in Buu's rig and now Windows won't boot at all, not even in safe mode. I was going to try to avoid a reinstall but it doesn't look good. I'll try a repair install but my brother recently installed the exact same board and a repair install didn't help. So I guess I'll be reinstalling Windows after all.
    Windows is picky when you switch boards.

Windows is picky when you switch boards.
    Yup/
    You can get away with it some times but it's a crap shoot.
    It's best to reformat/reinstall.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

I've always done the reformat. I guess it was too big of a change going from a VIA KT266 to a ULi M1695 chipset. I'm still going to try the repair install when I have time, probably tomorrow - been too busy today. If I could just get Windows to boot once I could install the motherboard drivers from the CD but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I've always done the reformat. I guess it was too big of a change going from a VIA KT266 to a ULi M1695 chipset. I'm still going to try the repair install when I have time, probably tomorrow - been too busy today. If I could just get Windows to boot once I could install the motherboard drivers from the CD but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
    I wouldn't waste my time. Eventually you will have to do a reformat for this and it won't be quite right untill you do.

I wouldn't waste my time. Eventually you will have to do a reformat for this and it won't be quite right untill you do.
    I think you should reformat once a year anyway, just to keep windows from crumbling like a brick made from sand

Lenny did you try and clear the CMOS first. That may help you boot. And dang get BUU to install his own hardware