Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mary Cheney comes off so awful in this interview

Letterman makes so many good points and she just dodges them by doing a "just read the book" thing. If I were part of the gay rights movement I would absolutely be disgusted by her tactics and her apathetic activity in the cause she claims to care about. She has such a high position and she could accomplish so much but from the interview it seems all she cares about is profit from her stupid book. she really comes off as a complete douche bag..and i use that word sparingly

video (15 mb)

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Lat...ey-5-19-06.wmv

link to site w/ video

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/20.html#a8363
    Last edited by Computerwiz; 05-22-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Re: Mary Cheney comes off so awful in this interview

Nice source for the video.

I highly doubt the daughter of one of the most wealthy men in the country is going to have any monitary problems for the rest of her life. Especially since her parents (the VP and wife) have always been supportive of her choice in sexual preferences since she first told them at age 16.

Nice source for the video?? What the christ do you think they like meticulously doctored the original product, i know you're probably joking but still people make truly ridiculouos complaints like that.

And as far as money, if you couldn't see she was eager to sell her book for reasons whether monetary , whoring herself to the public..whhatever it is it doesen't seem like she cares about the cause at all

*spelling , don't care tired)((*

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    Nice source for the video?? What the christ do you think they like meticulously doctored the original product, i know you're probably joking but still people make truly ridiculouos complaints like that.

And as far as money, if you couldn't see she was eager to sell her book for reasons whether monetary , whoring herself to the public..whhatever it is it doesen't seem like she cares about the cause at all

*spelling , don't care tired)((*
    Perhaps she comes from a people who believe that you can't explain your life and your actions in a short two-way interview on a 30-minute television segment. Perhaps her views are so complex that it takes time to read and understand them. Those who really care about what she thinks will buy her book, and those who hate her would rather she say something on TV that they can turn into something negative and use against her.

I say cut her some slack. [unlike Edwards did].

Probably a really uncomfortable thing for her to do and its all magnified by who her father is.
    No more than Id beat up on Barney Franks or any others that come jumping out of the[skeleton] closet.
    All of a sudden they realize that its time to talk and write a book? Thats fine.
    Just dont expect me to shake hands with you without a Kleenex.

Well.... maybe Im not serious about shaking hands...

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Perhaps she comes from a people who believe that you can't explain your life and your actions in a short two-way interview on a 30-minute television segment. Perhaps her views are so complex that it takes time to read and understand them. Those who really care about what she thinks will buy her book, and those who hate her would rather she say something on TV that they can turn into something negative and use against her.

Oh right.. why did she even go on the show then? In that case she should have sat down and said "read my book" and left..it would have been a much more efficient , time saving way instead of giving this long interview of her accomplishing nothing but promoting her stupid book

What orang's and the Lefts heroes should do to further the cause...

Last edited by AMDScooter; 05-22-2006 at 03:08 PM.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Ah yes, wiz, Letterman's show is all about time saving efficiency and accomplishments.

Will you be critiquing Oprah guests in TLR next?

Oh right.. why did she even go on the show then? In that case she should have sat down and said "read my book" and left..it would have been a much more efficient , time saving way instead of giving this long interview of her accomplishing nothing but promoting her stupid book
    You sure seem angry about this.

^^Yeah. Why pick on Mary Cheney? Was it different when Michael Moore made money?
    Is algore any different? How about Saint Clinton?

Me thunks the interview was more like a cross-examination. What Letterman was looking for was the slightest slip up and anything and everything he could embarrass the VP with. Letterman really doesn’t care what’s in the book, you can be sure he’ll never read it. Letterman is a partisan chump.

I think as a rule of thumb most authors have little to say about what is in their book. They never answer questions that might diminish interest and sales.

What Michael Moore out to make money?

I say buy the book or move on lol.WHO EVEN CARES about Mary Cheney or her views anyway?Letterman is a spooge anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    ^^Yeah. Why pick on Mary Cheney? Was it different when Michael Moore made money?
    Is algore any different? How about Saint Clinton?

You can say anything about Moore, but he was damn passioate about his cause. Mary Cheney is such a hack, she doesen't give a shit or she's just very lazy..it wasn't just the interview, letterman was right she could have made this an issue in the election and ellicit some productive discussion

You can say anything about Moore, but he was damn passioate about his cause.
    Oh he's passionate alright, passionate about lining his pockets by playing on the emotions of the Liberals.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

ya right.. you can say a lot of things about mooore, but i think he would trade all his success if bush was defeated in 04.