Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2202

Re: Recent Purchases

I need new USB headphones. I want to run to Best Buy on Friday. At like 5pm will it still be Black Friday craziness or should I wait until Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I need new USB headphones. I want to run to Best Buy on Friday. At like 5pm will it still be Black Friday craziness or should I wait until Saturday?
    Why not shop NewEgg? Probably better price/selection.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Ran across a Commodore 64 and Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 3 at a local thrift shop yesterday, $50 for the pair, and they both seem to work great. I can't stop myself from giving these old beasts a home when I come across them. =/

What's funny, I spend more time messing with these old computers than I do modern consoles. Personally, I find it far more enjoyable. lol

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Quote Originally Posted by IAmGhostDog View Post
    Why not shop NewEgg? Probably better price/selection.
    Don't want to wait for it to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTR View Post
    Ran across a Commodore 64 and Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 3 at a local thrift shop yesterday, $50 for the pair, and they both seem to work great. I can't stop myself from giving these old beasts a home when I come across them. =/

What's funny, I spend more time messing with these old computers than I do modern consoles. Personally, I find it far more enjoyable. lol
    Nice
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTR View Post

^^^ Those were the days! Here's a pic of yours truly circa 87. C64, f15 eagle strike, cold beer, smokes and panda earmuffs... life was so much simpler.

Oh, and I just picked up a pair of 250GB Samsung EVO SSD's to replace the 120GB Sandisk Ultra's in RAID0 for my boot drive.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I love the C64! My top two favorite computers of the 80's were the Commodore 64 and the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A. Honestly though, I loved all the Commodore systems of the era. The C16, VIC20, Amiga 128, etc. Hell, I even had the failed Plus/4. They were so much more versatile than many of the other offerings of the time in my humble opinion.

I had some of the TRS-80 computers as well, my dad had an original TRS-80 Model 1, he got me a TRS-80 Color Computer 2, followed by a Color Computer 3. While I did use them, I still much preferred my TI and Commodore computers. I know many people called them CoCo's, but myself and many of my friends at the time (all using Commodore), refereed to them as Trash-80's. lol

Anyway, I wish I still had all of my old systems. I am slowly getting them back, once I find a couple more, I will be doing a full retro review on my favorites.

=]

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

^^ Strider, I had a Vic-20 with the tape drive, an extra RAM cartridge and even did some Assembly programming with the Vic-Mon cartridge ... a geek at an early age for sure LOL

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    ^^ Strider, I had a Vic-20 with the tape drive, an extra RAM cartridge and even did some Assembly programming with the Vic-Mon cartridge ... a geek at an early age for sure LOL
    I was in the same boat. Soon after I got my first PC, the TI-99/4A, I started programming in BASIC. The only problem was, back then, BASIC was not really standardized. Each system (TI, Commodore, Tandy, MS, etc.) had it's own version with some shared commands, some different, but writing for one rarely worked for the other. Was a real pain. haha

I really do miss those days. =)

Also, to keep with the theme of the thread, I just picked up a Killer NIC from VisionTek for $10 on Cyber Monday.

https://twitter.com/StridersTweet/st...62375227490304

Works great. While they really don't do much in terms of real world performance on modern systems with a decent NIC (something most have), I always did like the level of control over your network traffic you get with the Killer NIC and it's software. Great for someone like me who like to have as much control as possible of every aspect of his system and network. lol

^^ Cool pic

Building a low budget HTPC/Desktop ($400).

Criteria. Had to be small, power efficient, and play low to mid range RPG games at moderate settings on a 1080P TV. No overclocking will be done on this one, small tower case was a must. A low to mid-range GFX card can be added at a later date should it become necessary, but I highly doubt it will.

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri
    GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-HD3 FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X
    G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR39
    Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB OEM HDD
    CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W 80 PLUS Bronze
    COUGAR Spike Black Steel / Plastic MicroATX MiniITX

All but the case has arrived. POST done already and successful. Now just waiting on the case to arrive. =]

https://twitter.com/StridersTweet/st...95915285921792
    Last edited by StriderTR; 12-07-2014 at 12:54 PM.

^^ Sexy unboxed hardware

HTPC definity on my to do list and it will likely mirror for the most part.

Corsair Raptor K40 Gaming Keyboard G15 finally gave up the ghost. W and D keys died.

WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive Replacing a WD 500 GB that owed me nothing and is on its way to the HD heaven

Zalman Zm-Mic1 to go with my new sennheiser 558

Coolermaster Seidon 240

Grand Theft Auto V (xbox one)