Page 144 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2202

Re: Recent Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxrain View Post
    Grand Theft Auto V (xbox one)
    Nice! Can't wait for the PC version. =P

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Bought and playing Wolfenstein: The New Order.

What a nice surprise! Really enjoying it. I was extremely underwhelmed by the 2009 Wolfenstein (even though it was made by my Wisconsin bros at Raven). I wasn't expecting much out of this new Wolfenstein but it's really good! It's got a good story! Really really really impressed. Surprise GOTY candidate for me for sure.

Not surprised to read later that it is made by ex-Starbreeze people. When Starbreeze was good and made the Riddick games and the first Darkness game (which was a console exclusive unfortunately but did a lot of cool things).

It's also kind of... scary! There are some really intense moments. The end of the first mission was freaking downright terrifying.

Well, I got a standalone battery charger for my Xbox 360, and then after finding a thumbstick went out, I ordered a new controller for it as well. I like to have at least 2 controllers per console, for, well times like this or letting one charge (before aforementioned charger). There are games I'm interested in buying, but not so much as to pay the prices now.

Wolfenstein: TNO looks pretty good, but I think I'll wait until the price drops a bit. Also considered picking up The Last of Us, but again, waiting on price.

Really enjoyed TLOUR, highly recommended even at full price. I've seen the download version for PS4 as cheap as $16 recently and amazon has it for like $20 right now.

Neewer NW680 Speedlite Flash for my Canon T5i. Got pretty good reviews, so I figured for $63 it was worth a gamble. Need a real flash and the Canon branded speedlites are 5x the price.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Neewer NW680 Speedlite Flash for my Canon T5i. Got pretty good reviews, so I figured for $63 it was worth a gamble. Need a real flash and the Canon branded speedlites are 5x the price.
    You can always find good quality used stuff here
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Pre-ordered GTA V

Bought Olympus TG-3to replace my aging Canon D-10

Picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order. From the little I played so far, it's pretty fun. Hopefully can get further along tonight after the kiddos are in bed. I heard some people didn't like it, but reviews seemed pretty positive. All I'm hoping for is to kill Nazis and robo-Nazis. Is that too much to ask?

I liked what I played of it so far. I think the story is actually pretty good if not a little cheesy in places.

I am going to try and set up a point to point link to share my internet with my mother-in-law who lives down the road.

titanfall season pass for pc is free on origin today for anyone that has the game and might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    titanfall season pass for pc is free on origin today for anyone that has the game and might be interested.
    Yea, maybe now I'll actually be able to find somebody to play the DLC maps with... I think I played on the first round of maps once or twice and that was it. Then again, nobody really seems to care about TF anymore... though I'd be willing to give it a shot again

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

crickets

It seems you can "buy" the Season Pass from Origin even if you don't have the base game so if you think you might ever pick up the game in the future you should grab the Season Pass now.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games