Page 105 of 143 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2135

Re: Recent Purchases

A case/cover for each of the kid's Kindles. It wasn't easy finding reasonably priced ones but I did find a two for $10 and $13.

$17 - Rosewill RC-409LX Switch 10/100/1000Mbps (5 ports) - just another small step towards upgrading my home network to all gigabit.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Amazon's "free super saver" shipping option SUCKS.

Let me first say, I don't buy a ton of stuff from Amazon so getting a "Prime" member ship for $80 is not an option.

I also get the fact that I got "free" shipping and that I would have to wait.

What I did not expect is that they would just sit on the order and ship it whenever the hell they felt like it.

Taking more than two days to place an item into pick, have someone process the order and get it on a truck is just stupid. It doesn't save them any money doing that.

My order still hasn't shipped out from the warehouse yet, and I ordered on the 18th.

So let's just say they waited two days, and then went ahead and picked my order and shipped it out Friday evening on the last truck using USPS Parcel Post. Chances are my order is coming from the main warehouse in Lexington. Even with parcel post I would have gotten my order today since I am only an hour and a half or so from Lexington.

I'm not mad at Amazon for offering free shipping and having to wait. I am mad that it's really not clearly stated that when you use this option it could take a week or so to process your order for shipping.

And yes, the item was in stock at the time of order and still is.

I should have just got it from Newegg for $2.50 more with free 3 day shipping.

And right on queue, my order gets processed about 15 min after I posted.

Even better, it looks like they used Priority Mail. Stupid. I am really curious to see what warehouse it will be coming from. It will be even more ironic if it comes from the one that is 15 minutes from my house.
    Last edited by StillFunkyB; 01-23-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Get prime and buy more stuff on amazon. They sell practically everything, and usually have the best price. Newegg has been off my radar for a couple years now.

I've only had a couple shipping issues with amazon and both times they reshipped the order immediately after I brought it to their attention, without any hassle on my end. Oh and if you're lucky sometimes you get your item the same day you bought it.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    Get prime and buy more stuff on amazon. They sell practically everything, and usually have the best price. Newegg has been off my radar for a couple years now.

I've only had a couple shipping issues with amazon and both times they reshipped the order immediately after I brought it to their attention, without any hassle on my end. Oh and if you're lucky sometimes you get your item the same day you bought it.
    Yea, newegg's prices are rarely the lowest for me ever since they put that warehouse in NJ since I have to add tax and shipping. With Prime it also takes away NE's advantage of quick shipping due to that warehouse. Unfortunately, amazon's selection on major tech products is not all that great, so I wind up having to go to NE for at least something.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

So it was processed through Toledo which doesn't make much sense to me. They don't have any warehouses around Toledo.

NY Giants shirts for the whole family. Go Big Blue !!

2 of each

nice! I'm sticking with my #27 jacobs jersey that I got before XLII. gotta stick with the hot hand jersey

Trust me, I do science

picked up a rosewill MCE remote for my HTPC. My harmony one is currently on point duty downstairs for the main TV setup, and the HTPC is hooked to my bedroom tv. I already have a pretty decent MCE remote that I bought a while back for the IR receiver, but somehow the usb port on it got destroyed. I cracked it open and it looks like it just needs to be soldered back on, but that is way beyond my soldering skills (which are nonexistant) kind of crappy way to have to spend $25. Ordered from newegg yesterday morning and its out for delivery today. I did pony up the 5 bucks for the guaranteed 3 day because that "smartpost" shipping is crap, the 3 day is almost always overnight if it ships from NJ

Trust me, I do science

M1911A1 Reproduction Ordnance Drawings from Nicolaus Associates.

Nuke em'.

Deus Ex Human Revolution and Resistance 2. I may try to pick up Resistance 3 while some money is still left.

Used the tax return money to pay off a few things (the car, specifically) we'd targeted, and got some other stuff.

Finally got the M60 today.

Looking forward to using it on Monday. Doubt I will be joining tonight.

Duke Nukem Forever

It is $4.99 on Steam today for their "mid-week madness".

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever

When it was first released some were debating if it was even worth $5. Let us know what you think

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Duke Nukem Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    When it was first released some were debating if it was even worth $5. Let us know what you think
    I bought it for full price, It is good for what it is; although I still haven't finished it