Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2011

Re: Recent Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I just realized that I again forgot to use my $15 promo gift card for the PSU purchase at newegg. That's the second time I've forgotten
    Can you ask them to apply it afterwards?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Can you ask them to apply it afterwards?
    I tried that last time. Denied. Oh well only $15 but it's the principle of the thing
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-750 750W Continuous @40C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply

$95 - $20 (Shell Shocker discount) - $15 (20% "Thank You" promo code)
    = $60 shipped net cost

I wasn't in need of a new PSU but 2 of 3 PSU I have in use are >5 years old so I figured I'd pick this one. I don't normally trust Rosewill with important things but the reviews were good and it's excellent value for all you get so I figured I'd give it a try.
    Put the new PSU in tonight. Took longer than I thought it would especially routing the wires. My initial impression is that the PSU looks to be quality not cheap as you might expect from Rosewill. Specs are good. Includes plenty of cables including 4 x PCI-E cables in the box for those SLI/Crossfire inclined and a nice zipper bag to store the extras.

About the cables they seem to assume a top mounted PSU because when bottom mounted the mid-cable power connectors need to be twisted 180 at each device to make the connection. I ended up using a molex-to-2-SATA power connector for my hard drives for a cleaner look. In the end the only cables I used were the 2 x PCI-E and a single molex cable.

The PSU has 4 red plugs on it for PCI-E power. I'm not sure why but two of them are 8-pin and the other two are 6-pin at the PSU even though both cables are 6+2 at the end which connects to the video card.

The good news is that when powered up for the first time it didn't explode My PC just booted up normally like always. I ran Prime95 and Furmark at the same time for about 20 mins to stress it a bit. No issues. Voltages remained stable.

Compared to my 5 year old Antec NEO HE-550 the HIVE-750 is just as quiet (the Antec was very quiet) but the wiring isn't as good.

Overall it's a decent PSU and obviously a steal at $60 for a semi-modular 750w with a single 54A 12v rail. 3 year warranty. Long term reliability is a question of course. Only time will tell that.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Does the box look cool? I had a Rosewill PSU for something once (it must of been in a computer I built for somebody else, because I can't find it in any of the records I made for my own build) and the box was the coolest of all the parts!

In a BF3 frame rate rage I broke down and got MW3 off of ebay for $20

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    In a BF3 frame rate rage I broke down and got MW3 off of ebay for $20

thats desperation

Trust me, I do science

thats desperation
    still feeling my way around. Looks like they have the regular matchmaking player hosted games but I found something that looks like regular hosted servers with tactical crouch servers so its not all run and gun. There appears to be alot of variety under the hood in this one. Graphics and game play is mostly the same but some new tweaks. i should be able to get $20 of game play out of it.

You and that tactical crouch nonsense

Trust me, I do science

You and that tactical crouch nonsense
    I'm too old and slow to keep up with all the console kiddies in the run and gun games. although I was sort of holding my own against the level 80 hackers

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Does the box look cool? I had a Rosewill PSU for something once (it must of been in a computer I built for somebody else, because I can't find it in any of the records I made for my own build) and the box was the coolest of all the parts!
    Sorry I missed your post. The box is quite ordinary I'm afraid

So far this PSU has been solid. No issues at all.

Resident Evil 5 - $19.99
    Jagged Alliance: Back In Action - $39.99
    Various Saints Row 3 DLC - $6.97

$580 of machine tool supplies.

Vise, clamping kit, parallel bars, dial indicator, dial test indicator, center drills, various drills, 20 pc end mill set, collet set, etc etc etc.

Mill arrives tomorrow
    Nuke em'.

Sapphire HD7970 OC. $450 on Amazon. Newegg had it for 460-$10 MIR, Amazon was 480-10 MIR. I submitted NE's price and Amazon matched it shortly thereafter. For $450 its too hard to pass up. I really want the 680, but $50 more for a reference design thats perenially OOS is just too much hassle. Fingers crossed I get a good overclocker, it should be here tomorrow.

Trust me, I do science

Sapphire HD7970 OC. $450 on Amazon. Newegg had it for 460-$10 MIR, Amazon was 480-10 MIR. I submitted NE's price and Amazon matched it shortly thereafter. For $450 its too hard to pass up. I really want the 680, but $50 more for a reference design thats perenially OOS is just too much hassle. Fingers crossed I get a good overclocker, it should be here tomorrow.
    Cool. I think you're really going to like it honestly. I'll be interested to see how much nicer it is than the 460 SLI setup (same as mine) you currently have. Hmmm, I wonder how much I could get for a couple of 460's on Ebay? No, I don't need to do this right now! Lol, if anything my 460 SLI setup is overkill for my 1680x1050 monitor.

ASUS GTX680
    TRENDnet 5-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Switch (5 x 10/100/1000Mbps
    1.5 lt Grey Goose Vodka