Page 87 of 141 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2112
  1. #1291
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,010

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    well my touchpad purchase got cancelled. i hope every single person who ordered like 50 of the damn things dies a hilariously embarassing death
    WHAT? That's . I'd burn the place down. Where did you order it from?

  2. #1292
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,781

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    WHAT? That's . I'd burn the place down. Where did you order it from?
    OnSale through Amazon. I'm pissed this whole thing went down while I was on vacation, otherwise I would have been right on it


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  3. #1293
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    47
    Posts
    21,330

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU
    $60 - $10 promo code - $20 MIR = $30 final cost

    $30 for a 620w Antec PSU (I think made by Seasonic) with a 48A 12v rail was too cheap to resist. I really wanted a modular but couldn't find a good brand/price. This is going in Buu's rig to replace his HEC Orion HP585D 585w PSU which looks like a generic junk PSU but has given 6 years of solid service. It will now become a backup PSU. I'm sticking with the Antec NeoHE 550w for my rig because even though it's 4.5 years old now it has been flawless ... and it's modular
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.





    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  4. #1294
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,803

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W PSU
    $60 - $10 promo code - $20 MIR = $30 final cost

    $30 for a 620w Antec PSU (I think made by Seasonic) with a 48A 12v rail was too cheap to resist. I really wanted a modular but couldn't find a good brand/price. This is going in Buu's rig to replace his HEC Orion HP585D 585w PSU which looks like a generic junk PSU but has given 6 years of solid service. It will now become a backup PSU. I'm sticking with the Antec NeoHE 550w for my rig because even though it's 4.5 years old now it has been flawless ... and it's modular
    Hah Lenny, I remember when you bought that psu. It was about the same time I bought mine. Lo and behold, my NEO 550 is still going strong too! Actually I bought two at the time. One died when it was about 3 months old, but the replacement from Antec is still powering my wife's system to this day.

  5. #1295
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    47
    Posts
    21,330

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Hah Lenny, I remember when you bought that psu. It was about the same time I bought mine. Lo and behold, my NEO 550 is still going strong too! Actually I bought two at the time. One died when it was about 3 months old, but the replacement from Antec is still powering my wife's system to this day.
    Yeah was a good deal at the time as recall. I paid $50. I just hope the new one lasts as long
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.





    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  6. #1296
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Recent Purchases

    BF3 for PS3 @ BestBuy

    BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

  7. #1297
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Cornelius, NC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Bought Deus Ex:HR for PS3, really fun game. If you've played and enjoyed the classics, this is a must buy.

  8. #1298
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    10,781

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    BF3 for PS3 @ BestBuy
    wait.... wut?


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  9. #1299
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    wait.... wut?
    Pre-order for PC from Origin and PS3 from Bestbuy

    BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

  10. #1300
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,803

    Re: Recent Purchases

    I just pulled the trigger on a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 OC. It's a massive card (11.5" long) and I went back and forth between it, a Geforce 460, and even a Geforce 560TI that came within $20 of it after rebates. I decided on the 6870 because of a smaller rebate (I'll never trust them), and it comes with a free copy of Deus Ex Human Revolution which I can't wait to play. Now it's time to Ebay my 5770.

    I'm a little concerned though that my psu *might* not be up to the task of running the 6870, 3 or 4 HDD's, 8gb of ram, and a hopefully highly oc'd 2500k or Bulldozer when I put it together. I plan to just cross that bridge when I come to it though.

    I had ordered a Cooler Master HAF 932 last week from Superbiiz and noticed when it came in that it was the older version with no USB 3 and black interior. To SB's credit, I barely had to tell them what the problem was and they had a call tag out to me in an hour. Because of that great service, and the fact that they have the best price, I've decided to go for the HAF X once they refund me the money for the 932 when they get it back. I think for only $19.00 more, the extra features are worth it.

  11. #1301
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier of NY
    Age
    47
    Posts
    21,330

    Re: Recent Purchases

    You'd be surprised how much a 550w can run. Try the calculator.
    http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.





    [Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

  12. #1302
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,010

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    You'd be surprised how much a 550w can run. Try the calculator.
    http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
    I have a lifetime subscription to the Pro version of that calculator. Really like it, and it was only like $10.

  13. #1303
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Wattage is almost meaningless when you have 700w psu's that wont even push 50a.

  14. #1304
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,010

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Wattage is almost meaningless when you have 700w psu's that wont even push 50a.
    That's why I like the pro version of that PSU calculator because it tells you how much amps you need on the rails too.

  15. #1305
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Recent Purchases

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    That's why I like the pro version of that PSU calculator because it tells you how much amps you need on the rails too.
    Hmm, sounds handy. I might have to look into it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •