Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    myrtle beach,south carolina, U. S. of A.!

No prison stay for 5-foot-1 child molester

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...3829136003.txt

A man found guilty of sexually assaulting a child has been given 10 years of probation by a judge who said the man was too small to survive prison.

District Judge Kristine Cecava of Cheyenne County sentenced Richard W. Thompson, 50, Tuesday on two counts of sexually assaulting a minor.

“What you have done is absolutely inexcusable,” she said.

His crimes deserved a long sentence, Cecava said, but she expressed concern that the 5-foot-1 Thompson would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.
    It is time for all states to pass Jessica's law..... Is there anybody that can defend's the Judge's decision in this case? If so, i'd sure love to hear it!

If they catch you with a pound of pot, they want to send you to jail..... but molest a child, you get probation "because you are short!!!!"

I guess it's open season for short child molestors in Nebraska!

My personal thoughts? I don't give a sh*t how tall the low life is, throw his arse in jail, and throw away the key!!!!!

Re: No prison stay for 5-foot-1 child molester

................thats justice for you....
    the guy deserves to be soembody's bride after abusing em kids...•••••••

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

1 vote to bring back the "rack". We can add 5 inches to this guys height in just a few days. Making just the perfect ride height for some prison rapage. Too short for prision.... good freaking grief..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I'd say we need a prison for short people.
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

Doesnt surprise me one bit the way things have been going in this country. I BET this guy doesnt last very much longer on the outside either.I wonder if the guy that offs this loser gets 10 years probation also?

Platform shoes come to mind. Actually if you strapped a cup holder to his head he would make a perfect monday night football beer caddy for Bubba.

No offense intended to short people.

Rediculous. Further proof the prison system in America is worthless....

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul
    Rediculous. Further proof the prison system in America is worthless....
    ^^^ Has nothing to do with the prison system, has everything to do with our "protect the criminals/revolving door" justice system. Put them away, keep them away. How about we rent some land in French Guiana.... Make prison a punishment again, not just a short hiatus from committing more crime.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter
    ^^^ Has nothing to do with the prison system, has everything to do with our "protect the criminals/revolving door" justice system. Put them away, keep them away. How about we rent some land in French Guiana.... Make prison a punishment again, not just a short hiatus from committing more crime.
    I would argue that - kinda a chicken before the egg argument (even though we all know the egg came first )

The reason why the judicial system is making these bogus decisions is because of the current problems with the prison system - which the judicial system caused in the first place. Vicious cycle.

But I definitely agree with you - the judicial system has its far share of broken policies including protecting the criminals.
    Last edited by liquidsoul; 05-31-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Too bad this guy wont go to the big house.[but I understand there is pressure to reverse the ruling]
    Id like to see this guy learning to dance on his belly with Bubba....shortly after the "honeymoon"

I wish I knew the specifics. Grabbing a girls ass is different then raping her

Two counts as I recall reading. But is that actually at issue?
    The Judge said

"So I'm sitting here thinking this guy has earned his way to prison but then I look at you and I look at your physical size," Cecava is quoted as saying in the transcript. "I look at your basic ability to cope with people and, quite frankly, I shake to think what might happen to you in prison because I don't think you'll do well in prison."

So it seems to me the particular details dont matter. He earned his way to prison.
    The light sentance was based on something other than the specific crime.

give him some boxing lessons, and throw his ass in jail.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout
    I'd say we need a prison for short people.
    Juvenile hall ?

LOL - OK maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Computerwiz
    I wish I knew the specifics. Grabbing a girls ass is different then raping her
    "...he could have been sentenced to 10 years behind bars"

I don't think judges usually hand out 10-year prison sentences for an ass-grab

Shortness doesn't help in jail, but height alone doesn't determine how tough someone is. One of my friends is 6'4" and is really skinny, but I don't see them withholding prison sentences for people who are skinny. It's never been a concern of how well you'd hold up in jail and it shouldn't be a concern now just because someone is 5'1".

Also, I'm fairly confident that Mr. Thompson didn't take his victim's (presumed) physical inadequacy into consideration when he sexually assaulted her-- twice.
    PORTABLE: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz | 4GB PC6400 DDR2 | 160GB 7200rpm HDD | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 | 8x DVD±RW/Blu-Ray | 15.6" UltraSharp TrueLife display