Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

Quote Originally Posted by Soundforbjt
    Something they would never do...which is contact the Lebanese government and try to work out an agreement where both of their armies would work together to expel the terrorists from Lebanon, Lebanon's army alone doesn't have the power to do so.
    Ya mean, talk? They did. Here's the conversation in a nutshell...

Israel: Return our soldiers.
    Lebanon: No.

The problem with your proposal is the word, "try". That's been done so many times its absolutely pitiful and it hasn't accomplished anything besides a postponement and time for both sides to develop (Israel) or aquire (Lebanon) better weapons.

I won't defend the terrorists, but Israel destroying Lebanon's infrastructure & economy for something terrorists have done is wrong.
    I understand and can really appreciate what you say there. But consider. The obvious solution for these terrorists is to stop using human shields by operating in residential neighborhoods.
    Terrorist types expect all the courtesies of legitimate war [Geneva] while ignoring the basic tennants. A uniform...would be a good start.
    Cant pick and choose rules. They wish to remain hidden with civilians? Then civilians will die because of "their" choice.

And this Sound. This is real

Re: Re: Iffy Ethics [Andy McCarthy]
    OK, fine. But what about the huge photo on page one above the fold this morning? The corpses of 16 civilians killed in "an Israeli airstrike on a refugee convoy."

Do we get corpses, severed limbs, the whole gory bit, on page one, above the fold, when the jihadists hit?

Hezbollah and Hamas, two vicious terrorist organizations, have started a war in the Middle East, their strings being pulled by the terror masters in Iran who, when they are not fighting another proxy war against the U.S. and U.K. in Southern Iraq, are threatening to wipe Israel from the face of the earth. And for the Times, the graphic image they want to brand on this is ... that Israelis are killing civilians.

Very even-handed.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    Ya mean, talk? They did. Here's the conversation in a nutshell...

Israel: Return our soldiers.
    Lebanon: No.

The problem with your proposal is the word, "try". That's been done so many times its absolutely pitiful and it hasn't accomplished anything besides a postponement and time for both sides to develop (Israel) or aquire (Lebanon) better weapons.
    You are confusing Lebanon with Hezbollah, two different entities.
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

I think we all recognize the difference Sound. Its simply faster to say Lebanon. Im guilty of the same thing cause the spelling thing is complicated. Like the leader of Hezbullah. Its faster to call him noodlehead
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Not the end of the world, But they sell pictures of it

At least I'm offering a non-leathal (except to the terrorists) solution, which spares innocent lives, what's everyone else's solution?
    The Heat 99-0-0

Trading Post Rules

Sound Familiar? "If we quit Vietnam," President Lyndon Johnson warned, "tomorrow we'll be fighting in Hawaii, and next week we'll have to fight in San Francisco."

The lebanese government states it is afraid of civil war if they attempt to stop hezbullah so they chose war with Isreal instead.Lebanon as did the palistinians made this bed let them snuggle up and lay down in it Lights out.

OT but hers a good map I found. Hope the link works

http://www.debka.com/pictures/Lebanon.jpg

Nope... not all... just following the logic that if you house them, you're responsible. Missiles come from what country to strike Israel? Lebanon. They can't control their own people, so it becomes someone else's job? I don't think so. No matter how many times people say it.

Something they would never do...which is contact the Lebanese government and try to work out an agreement where both of their armies would work together to expel the terrorists from Lebanon, Lebanon's army alone doesn't have the power to do so.
    This goes back a few years... but all this was already negotiated at the UN. Lebanon just never complied with their end. Check the UN resolutions. Israel complied by pulling out of Lebanon. Lebanon in return was supposed to disarm Hezbula and have their army secure the border between Lebanon and Israel. Lebanon has never asked for help form ANYONE to expel or disarm Hezbula. Any they never will as hezbulah holds at least 2 seats on their parliament.

Actually no. With Hezbula holding seats in the Lebanese government they are one in the same.

At least I'm offering a non-leathal (except to the terrorists) solution, which spares innocent lives, what's everyone else's solution?
    Think what the rest of us are saying is there is not going to be any peaceful solution because neither Hezbulah or Hamas is interested in peace. It would appear the only way Israel can keep those who wish them to be wiped from the face of the earth from attacking them continually is to go kill them. I happen to agree.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

What Israel's doing right now... engage the punks...

"Talks" have proven to cost innocent lives of Israelis... its not nearly as "non-lethal" as you claim... quite the contrary.

I get what Sound is saying even if I dont agree. I dont have a great solution cause its too complex. Ill stick with economics.
    The Lebanese army wont disarm Hezbollah because [I belive] they dont have the will.
    Remember the army is mostly Shia and there is an affinity there.[causing a conflict]
    So Israel is doing it for them.[as they reason]
    So it goes on until Israel is convinced they have dameged Hezbullah sufficiently..or until there is some move by the Lebanese government army to take up positions on the border and keep the terrorists at bay.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 04:07 PM.

if some mexicans kidnapped a us dude(happens every year) would the us start leveling the whole of mexico?..no..why? common sense.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

I think if a quasi Mexican entity crossed the border illegally and kidnapped and killed soldiers the city where they came from would go away.[city firing missles as part of the plan]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Its interesting how we view things: Russian diplomats are killed in Iraq and the Russians send in a hit team.
    Somehow thats different and gets the passadeena.
    But God forbid the Israelis act with force.

Reminds me of that old Twlight zone deal where wars are fought by computors.
    Schedule of acceptable death.[fair retaliations]

Like I said the other day [and Im surprised Orang didnt pick up on it]

Dead from Aids 2005 2.5 million. Who cares?
    Dead in this: 300 at most. The world is on fire.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 04:34 PM.