Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 200
  1. #106
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,273

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    Its interesting how we view things: Russian diplomats are killed in Iraq and the Russians send in a hit team.
    Somehow thats different and gets the passadeena.
    But God forbid the Israelis act with force.
    Ya, I do not even think GWB should be making any recommendations to Israel publicly. Stating that they should "minimize" civilian casualties is lame. If they really did not give a hoot they could easily level Beirut to rubble in a few hours. Lebanon should be damn thankful that Israel is being selective about their targets... unlike Hezbulla with their indiscriminate, Buzz-bomb like missles.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal
    Reminds me of that old Twlight zone deal where wars are fought by computors.Schedule of acceptable death.[fair retaliations]
    Wasn't that also the theme of a StarTrek episode where some hottie Kirk is trying to bed attempts to step into a vaporizing unit after some computer calculates she is a war casualty?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  2. #107
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    ^^I know. Its screwy somehow...the whole deal.

    A good one for Orang and trout

    Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
    Kurt Vonnegut

    better yet?

    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" (George Santayana)
    "I've got news for Mr. Santayana: we're doomed to repeat the past no matter what. That's what it is to be alive."
    - Bluebeard p.91
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 04:48 PM.

  3. #108
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    On the news now. More missiles from Lebanon. The new improved ones from Syria have just landed on Nazereth etc.

  4. #109
    Joined
    Dec 2000
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Right now I'd like to see Israel stop attacking altogether. Not because the international community is telling them to, but just to prove a point.

    The point being that even if they stop, the terrorists won't. How could the international community tell them to NOT start up again?
    Nuke em'.

  5. #110
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    ^^Dont worry. The Israelis will trap the terrorists in that. And remind everyone what it was that brought all this on.
    I agree with you....let the terror mongers expose themselves.
    Here they are crying about civilian casualties and all they have is basically undirected rockets compared with precise stuff from Israel.
    I hope the world isnt stupid...but the terrorists get better press.

  6. #111
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,273

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Almost makes too much sense..

    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Gingrich
    "This is World War III," Gingrich said. And once that's accepted, he said calls for restraint would fall away:

    "Israel wouldn't leave southern Lebanon as long as there was a single missile there. I would go in and clean them all out and I would announce that any Iranian airplane trying to bring missiles to re-supply them would be shot down. This idea that we have this one-sided war where the other team gets to plan how to kill us and we get to talk, is nuts."

    There is a public relations value, too. Gingrich said that public opinion can change "the minute you use the language" of World War III. The message then, he said, is "'OK, if we're in the third world war, which side do you think should win?"
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  7. #112
    Joined
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Foxboro, MA
    Posts
    2,610

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate
    Right now I'd like to see Israel stop attacking altogether. Not because the international community is telling them to, but just to prove a point.

    The point being that even if they stop, the terrorists won't. How could the international community tell them to NOT start up again?
    Ummm...no offense but I take it that you haven't been up on your current events? Israel not only stopped but also pulled there troops back...in 2000. They are back again because they have been continously attacked and terrorized. Despite this fact the world community is none too pleased and anything but sympathetic.

    And the same goes for the pullout they did of Gaza a few months back. They pulled back their men and forcefully removed settlers. The terrorists not only kept attacking but they made it their launchpad for operations. Again, when Israel goes to clean house they're considered the aggressors and the world community doesn't seem to make the connection that the biggest threat to the citizens of Lebanon and Palestine isn't the Israelis.

  8. #113
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    ^^Whoops...I took what he said as current....right now suggestions

  9. #114
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,446

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball 2
    Ummm...no offense but I take it that you haven't been up on your current events? Israel not only stopped but also pulled there troops back...in 2000. They are back again because they have been continously attacked and terrorized. Despite this fact the world community is none too pleased and anything but sympathetic.

    And the same goes for the pullout they did of Gaza a few months back. They pulled back their men and forcefully removed settlers. The terrorists not only kept attacking but they made it their launchpad for operations. Again, when Israel goes to clean house they're considered the aggressors and the world community doesn't seem to make the connection that the biggest threat to the citizens of Lebanon and Palestine isn't the Israelis.
    BINGO!!!

  10. #115
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    ^^Whoah...are you sure he isnt thinking current?

  11. #116
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    ^^I took his statement as : A positive thing to do...so far as Israel is concerned, would be to take a high ground and stop the hostilities....for a bit and demand the others do the same.
    And just see....if there is interest.
    Not a horrible policy.

  12. #117
    Joined
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Quote Originally Posted by AAdjuster
    Your right, the thing for the U.S. to do is kiss the hairy behinds of every terrorist group. So that they won't hate us and attack us. And to let the terrorists and those country's that hate Isreal Murder every last one of them and so doing wipe Isreal Off the map. Isreal ought to be ashamed of it's self for picking on all those Arab Countries who's population's out number Isreal's many times to one.

    I noticed that it's ok for Hamas and other groups to murder people, but let Isreal Defend it's self it's not ok. You call it atrocties.

    I sick of people who write crap like this.
    I love how you try to blow my position out of perspective in order to knock it down. 'round here we call that a Straw Man argument.

    To the extent of my knowledge, we (the US) have NEVER done anything other than mildly caution Israel about their acts of war. Not once has the US stood up and told Israel "this is wrong, and we will not allow you to continue doing it." In the eyes of the other M.E. countries, we are viewed as a sponsor of Israel and anti-Islam because of our position. We treat Israel as our "golden child" if you will - you know: the parent's favourite child who can do nothing wrong.

    You can nitpick and exaggerate all you want, but one of the primary reasons we are hated and targeted by terrorist groups ourselves is because we plopped down a Jewish nation in the middle of an Islamic area where there wasn't one before and have since supported them in every action they take against Islamic countries.

    My stance on this issue has nothing to do with lettint terrorists just do what they want. Open up your mind and eyes for a moment and you just might figure that out. Israel is NOT an innocent party in all of this.

  13. #118
    Joined
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    74,682

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    No. WE didnt plop down any nation. Lets not assign all that to the US.
    Further? If it were all as pro Israel as you suggest? Where did the "peace process" come from? You forget that Israel has complied...they have given up ground,...and you also ignore that the Palestinians arent satisfied. And apparently not a part of the Lebonese either.
    Lets not ignore the other side if the equation. The side that will never be satisfied.
    As long as Israel exists. And how rational is that?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-16-2006 at 06:45 PM.

  14. #119
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    Trekari even if we did tell Isreal "no" they would do it anyway.They have the right to defend themselves.Whether you agree in the exsistance of Isreal or not it isnt going anywhere without a fight.The palistinians and lebanese have chosen between peace and war.Lebanon did have a choice to fight against terrorism or go down burning with it.Palistine had the choice to not vote in hamas but they did.

  15. #120
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,568

    Re: Israel calling up reserve troops

    I suggest Jimmy Carter and Jesse Jackson as peace envoys.

    Can’t we all just get along?

    Israelis or no Israelis there will be peace in the Middle East a 1000 years after frigging cows learn to fly.

    Bomb em back to the stone age.

    Oops scratch “stone age” they are still there.

    Bomb em back to what ever preceded the stone age.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •