Thread: Goodbye Syd

Goodbye Syd

Syd died today.

Probably most of you on this forum now are rap fans, so you dont know who Syd is.

But I thought I would let it be known to the older folk here..

http://www.sydbarrett.net/

Sad day..
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 165 Opteron. 9x275 1:1, OCZ 3200 2x512 TCCD, Sapphire X800GTO Fireblade, Raptor 74, Benq 1640, Liteon 166S DVD, Antec 660 Perf.+, Fortron Blue 500, Viewsonic VX910, XPsp2, Herc. GTXP 6.1, Z640

Re: Goodbye Syd

very sad day

R.I.P Syd...
    hmm...

BTW, happy belated B-day Wise.
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 165 Opteron. 9x275 1:1, OCZ 3200 2x512 TCCD, Sapphire X800GTO Fireblade, Raptor 74, Benq 1640, Liteon 166S DVD, Antec 660 Perf.+, Fortron Blue 500, Viewsonic VX910, XPsp2, Herc. GTXP 6.1, Z640

o crap.........gonna put a song on

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Dang', I did too, I listened to "the great gig in the sky" and "shine on you crazy diamond", just out of respect.

wow, thats REALLY wierd, for some reason i listened to a pink floyd song today... out of the blue.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

Syd Viscious died? Dude.....

Bah, Syd Barrett was probably one of the greater forces which moulded Pink Floyd style of music. I don't think his guitar was the greatest, but being definately one of the more creative, and it was sad that he held a grudge his entire life for being kicked out of the band early to be replaced by David Gilmour, who was probably considerably less lethargic/antagonistic. Not to mention, much more interesting voice and guitar.

Not saying I couldn't totally give two craps about Syd. He lived well the rest of his life as a hermit. Bye, Syd, you gave an amazing gift in your absensce as the band seemed to consult your spirit in it regularly. The legacy you leave behind will forever be shrouded in mystery, and your spirit will live on in the young people who discover Pink Floyd as probably one of the more thought-provoking bands ever, and not just "depressive" or "Acid rock" like so many people write it off to be.

So, why don't Pink Floyd have a goodbye Syd world tour?

YeehaWWW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by notdrugged
    So, why don't Pink Floyd have a goodbye Syd world tour?

YeehaWWW!!!
    That would be too awesome.....

And I was just getting ready to make a new sig.........
    I guess this one will be up a little longer.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Syd was great. Anyone else find it ironic that he stepped in the studio while they were recording Crazy Diamond and no one recognized him because he was obese and bald?

Crazy character but man was he talented......

Syd Barrett, the missing man.

Shine on you crazy diamond!

R.I.P. Syd

Some Minnesota team....win!

|3DMark '03|When all else fails, you always have Lorcet|3DMark '06|

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsoul
    Syd was great. Anyone else find it ironic that he stepped in the studio while they were recording Crazy Diamond and no one recognized him because he was obese and bald?

Crazy character but man was he talented......
    Yeah that would have been a serious trip but I don't think it's as ironic as him being (arguably) more influential on the band when he was out of it than when he was in it.

"In the evening sun going down
    when the earth streams in, in the morning
    send a cage through the post
    make your name like a ghost
    please, please, Baby Lemonade"

from song "Baby Lemonade" on Syd Barrett's 1st solo album
    ~ SolTek SL-75FRN2-RL (nForce2) = 10x230fsb, 2.0/2/2/11 DC
    ~ 1800+ DLT3C/VPMW/0307 ~ Leadtek 6800nu (16/6 400/825)
    ~ PCP&C 425deluxe ~ Gskill "LE" 1gb TCCD/437