Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 9/11 WTC essay on building collapse

^^^
    the bit about the distortion of the steel makes a lot of sense.

So what caused the *molten* steel and iron? Why NOT investigate this further? Why ship the evidence off to China to be melted down for re-use? If the answers to the questions raised are so innocuous, why aren't we answering them?

I dont know what exactly investigating further will do we alreadyt know enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekari
    So what caused the *molten* steel and iron? Why NOT investigate this further? Why ship the evidence off to China to be melted down for re-use? If the answers to the questions raised are so innocuous, why aren't we answering them?
    Probably because we all saw the planes hit the buildings. Gosh, a plane hit that building! Now, the building fell down! Maybe the plane caused the building to fall down? Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si
    Probably because we all saw the planes hit the buildings. Gosh, a plane hit that building! Now, the building fell down! Maybe the plane caused the building to fall down? Ya think?
    Damn you solved the puzzle

I 100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Trekari
    Is there any answer other than "it was a conspiracy!" that will honestly make anyone stop questioning? We could do this for decades and it still won't make the conspiracy theorists happy until they uncover a conspiracy. Even if the answers are innocuous or the same initial assertions are revalidated, then what? Even after the footage of the jet crashing into the Pentagon has been released all the conspiratards are STILL crying foul even after the conspiracy theory was thoroughly debunked. There is NO end to this.

It's one thing to question but it's another when the answer is already predetermined. At that point you're just trying to formulate a theory to fit that answer. I don't call that being "open minded". The author of this piece neglects to mention how exactly someone, outside of a group of architectural ninja, could have ever pulled off installing the charges that would have coordinated this "controlled" collapse. He doesn't care. That doesn't fit his predetermined answer.

I think..like the Kennedy 'magic bullet" some things dont seem to make sense from observation alone with this....its one of those deals that leave some people wondering.
    Some observers see a building collapse in a way that resembles a demo..so it becomes a demo in their heads.
    It may be something similar to the Kennedy shot that caused a physical reaction that looked like he had taken one from the front causing his head to lurch back.
    I can understand how people see what they see and automatically assume what they understand to be true.
    The author raises some interesting observations. Most of them I can understand and can see a reasonable alternate explanation. But some..like I said yesterday just seem a whole lot more unlikely than what has become conventional wisdom.
    The red hot steel for instance [for me anyway] is easier explained by some unique set of circumstances than an army of demolition experts wiring a building during an aircraft attack. Ive also read reports that suggest the buildings were prewired with explosives.
    I find that pretty hard to believe. I dont think anyone would leave any building that vulnerable to some nut employee.
    I guess the guy's arguments or premise would make better sense to me if he went to the detail and reasoning that would satisfy the "how and why" and explore the likelihood of each. Each point or question just seems to insist on an answer that is far more
    difficult than whats been accepted.

And hey. Guy wants to ask questions and wonder? Be my guest.
    Iver the years Ive seen Kennedy shooters from the grassy knoll to storm drains.
    It becomes a hobby of sorts for some folks.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 07-19-2006 at 07:34 AM.

I admit I didnít read the essay and Iím not gonna. If someone has the time could you please summarize the ďmotiveĒ?

Iíve read quite a few 9/11 conspiracy theories and they always fail to give a believable provable motive.
    Last edited by tucker; 07-19-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker
    I admit I didnít read the essay and Iím not gonna. If someone has the time could you please summarize the ďmotiveĒ?

Iíve read quite a few 9/11 conspiracy theories and they always fail to give a believable provable motive.
    motive =Bush is evil the government lies the song remains the same

Its no different then the rest of the cospiracy theories c- for effort and imaginative creativity and an F for being dead wrong.

F for being dead wrong?

You mean it's wrong to provide questions that have NOT been answered yet and suggest that further investigation is needed? His theory on explosives MAY be incorrect, but until every question about what exactly happened can be answered, the PURPOSE of the article is right-on.

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer
    motive =Bush is evil the government lies the song remains the same

Its no different then the rest of the cospiracy theories c- for effort and imaginative creativity and an F for being dead wrong.
    Well Mad, the author has presented a hypothesis which is never right nor wrong so there is not much you can say about that Nor do I think the author was pinning anything on Bush. Instead, I believe he was pointing out the questionable items in the blast and why FEMA and the NIST have different ideas on what happened.

I do find it awkward that the "official" investigation says one thing while two other federal organizations say something else.

As I have said before, it is completely proper to bring up questions. Conspiracy theories will surround 9/11 for a long time so we better get used to it.

To me, the buildings fell because planes ran into it. Thank heavens we have a free country where people do not have to believe that and they can live their lives without being prosecuted. Sometimes it seems people forget we live in America where you are allowed to disagree with ideas.

I still don't believe we ever landed on the moon j/k

^^^ Please tell us what you think the purpose of the article is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar
    ^^^ Please tell us what you think the purpose of the article is.
    Me or trek? I pointed out what I thought the purpose was:

Instead, I believe he was pointing out the questionable items in the blast

He provided a hypothesis that potentially answers questions that the 'official' investigation did not answer. The purpose of the article was to illustrate that until such questions (and others) can be answered, then we should continue to investigate.

Some of the posts above. Agree. No harm in asking for answers when folks arent satisfied. Sure as hell nothing I get defensive over..and besides...it forces me to read something I understand a whole lot better than ME POLITICS!![banghead]