Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dead?

Dead?

So is this group dead? Who's still around? I'm getting back into gaming finally after all this time. I figured it's time to make my triumphant return to the frogs and show you new guys what the old school frogs are all about

So what games are you guys playing these days?
    "Stealing music is like taking candy from a...large, fat rich person."

Turnwall.net :: some coherent ramblings

Digitaria Interactive

Re: Dead?

The rumours of our demise are greatly exagerated

These days were playing alot of BF2 but UT2004 is making a comeback and there is a lot of Prey being played now.

Hope to see ya around we have a standing Wed/Sat BF2, Monday BF2 SF and Thursday Prey/UT2004
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Only some of us are dead.... or at least barely functioning

UT on Thursdays huh? If only there were more late players (or at least West Coasters) who'd be around at 8.00pm PST....

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.
    So you think you know where your towel is?

i've been dead lately, sorry guys. i may try and get into the sf game tonight, i just haven't felt like gaming lately, seems to be a growing trend since i got out of highschool. maybe i'm...dare i say it? maturing?
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by SuBX3r0
    i've been dead lately, sorry guys. i may try and get into the sf game tonight, i just haven't felt like gaming lately, seems to be a growing trend since i got out of highschool. maybe i'm...dare i say it? maturing?
    hush don't say that word...LMAO I just turned 40 and I'm still playing

You west coasters and you're time delay... pff.

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    Only some of us are dead.... or at least barely functioning

UT on Thursdays huh? If only there were more late players (or at least West Coasters) who'd be around at 8.00pm PST....
    Although i live in toronto I'd prefer a 8:00pst game time as i usually dont even start playing games til 1130-12 eastern.

Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool24
    Although i live in toronto I'd prefer a 8:00pst game time as i usually dont even start playing games til 1130-12 eastern.
    Traitor!

I've revived that wireless internet project I was talking about years ago, hopefully I should be up and running by mid-september. I've got the rest of the year lined out, so I probably won't have any time to do any gaming until early December.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Hey great to see all you old time frogs

As has already been said for the longest time we've played nothing but Battlefield 2. It has been hugely popular around here like UT2003/4 was years ago. In fact it's scheduled 3 times a week Mon,Wed,Sat right now although very recently interest has been lacking. We have a ranked BF2 server that we rent each month. It's paid for by voluntary member contributions in this thread.

The past few weeks I've been scheduling UT2004 on Tuesday (not Thursday Jim!) and the Prey Demo on Thursday. Those threads are easy to find on page #1 in Gaming. The turn out for those games have been fairly good with around 8 people playing at most. These games we play on member run servers like Kami's or mine like we did before the BF2 days.

So what games have you guys been playing?

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

UT2004 huh, but that will cut into my already limited BF2 time.

The hippest place in the Universe (as voted by the readers of PlayBeing).... my left cranium

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfan
    I've revived that wireless internet project I was talking about years ago, hopefully I should be up and running by mid-september. I've got the rest of the year lined out, so I probably won't have any time to do any gaming until early December.
    Wowser..... must be all the hot weather dragging the 'roaches outta the woodwork

Good to see you Pac..... still working on that long-distance wireless project huh? Man, I remember chatting 'bout that years ago.

My rigs My Games

Join the Fragging Frogs and get your own back on flamers, thread stealers and the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny
    The past few weeks I've been scheduling UT2004 on Tuesday (not Thursday Jim!) and the Prey Demo on Thursday. Those threads are easy to find on page #1 in Gaming. The turn out for those games have been fairly good with around 8 people playing at most. These games we play on member run servers like Kami's or mine like we did before the BF2 days.
    I'll look into the Prey demo & I'm hoping I may make some games over the next few weeks.

So what games have you guys been playing?
    "put the children to bed" "cook dinner" etc, etc

My rigs My Games

I know very well life gets insanely busy. I just force myself to come out and play at least once a week usually twice. It's the last part of myself that I haven't given up to work, family, etc.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by j1mb0b
    "put the children to bed"
    Children?? Thought you had just one?