Thread: hmm

hmm

To those who do not believe in god how do you reconcile with the fact that life is meaningless/pointless?
    ------------------
    AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+ Winchester socket 939
    MSI K8N NEO PLAT 2 ULTRA NFORCE 3
    evga 6800 gt
    western digital raptor 74 gb 10,000 rpm
    2 GB RAM
    Audigy 2zs sound card
    nec dual layer dvd/cd rw 16X
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech MX 518 Mouse
    Logitech Z-5300 5.1 speakers

Re: hmm

one can always witness the hell in tlr so its pretty easy

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

by keeping myself busy actually living it, ill worry about it when im dead.

The problem with your position is it's opinion, not fact. You lose, but nice try anyways.
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Without religion there wouldn't be as many wars. Life can be more meaningful without worshipping gods.

^^^^^ what he said.

since when does believing in god bring meaning to life??

Also, why does there have to be a point to life, why can't it just be. Life is what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    Without religion there wouldn't be as many wars. Life can be more meaningful without worshipping gods.
    Agreed!

I can see this winding up in TLR before long.
    Once I was old enough to make my own decision, after years of church and sunday school, my father explained his view to me:
    "Man created a god and an afterlife because he is afraid to die. The idea of life after death makes it easier for people to deal with death". And it makes it easier for rulers to control subjects: "If you disobey, you will not go to heaven!"

^^qft

i dont know what to think.... i mean, i believe in two things.

firstly, i belive in god, i mean how the hell did everything get here? its not like the universe can just pop up randomly...

but i dont believe god put humans on the earth, i think evolution took part in that.

"same here, it'll be a sad day should amdmb ever totally dissapear, i don't care too much for these "pc's" or their "perspectives" i just like my amdmb's." - SuBX3r0

I hate religion.

Quote Originally Posted by computermaniac
    To those who do not believe in god how do you reconcile with the fact that life is meaningless/pointless?
    How do you reconcile with the fact that your beliefs are no more valid than anyone else's
    Logically speaking all relgious beliefs all share equal validity: none.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 08-10-2006 at 01:04 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

yea this is definatley going to TLR...

All the talk about being a good person so you goto heaven.. Couldn't you interpret this as meaning that the the purpose of life is death? Which, in the sense that you try all your life to be good so you can get into some magical place that may or may not exist, is messed up. Or in the sense that death is the logical conclusion to life, is probably the most valid scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir
    Without religion there wouldn't be as many wars.
    only in the sense that religion is an identifier that people cling to as is capitalism ...communism ... race.... just becuase it is a popular identifier without it there would be one less excuse for war.. To assume that men do not just want to fight is naive. Its not religion that starts wars is religious leaders.... without religion.. they are still leaders they just need a different means of control which i assure there are plenty of ways to control people. Thats my $.02 on Lennons idiocy.