9/11 does hollywood

Since when did 9/11 have a happy ending? Why must they take something so gritty and real and convert it into an after-school special? I don't give a shit if 4 out of 5 9/11 widows give it two thumbs up. It shouldn't be commercialized the way it is in World Trade Center.

I have no problem with documenting and making movies on 9/11. I don't want history to be forgotten. I just think it makes the whole experience cheap when we take this event and glam it up so movie star douche bags like George Clooney or Angelina Jolie can pretend to be our goddam hero. When I see the footage from 9/11 I see people. I see us. When you put Nicolas Cage in the middle of it it is no longer the event I know. We didn't see Hollywood movie stars jumping out of the towers. We didn't see them scaling these buildings trying to save people. It just sucks all reality out of something that was so powerful it knocked the wind out of every person who witnessed it.

They might as well have exchanged Nicolas Cage with a Ken doll and had the heart felt story of Barbie being reunited with her plastic boyfriend. Better yet it's practically tailor made for Diehard 5. Bruce Willis will wrestle with terrorists on the wings of a jumbo jet. It almost writes itself.

It's just so cheap...

Re: 9/11 does hollywood

Crap like that is the reason I donít pay to see movies.

Did you ever notice Hollywierd is always the first to criticize and the very first to capitalize. The money they make has to many bloodstains to suit me.

Iím going to help George Clooney, Angelina Jolie and Nicolas Cage get richer?

Not in the rest of my lifetimeÖ

I wasn't aware that George Clooney and Angelina Jolie were in that movie.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I was just being facetious when I said it.

Ah.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I refuse to see World Trade Center and United 93 for the very reasons already mentioned in this thread.

shouldn't be commercialized the way it is in World Trade Center.
    I have to agree
    "It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    heat

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

LOL orang

As far as im concerned Oliver Stone is a sell out,I mean from JFK to this? WTH

Now if he tried to make WTC a la JFK then it would be diferent....