MMORPG: Saga Of Ryzom

Has anyone played this game? I seen it on MMORPG.com and told my gaming group about it, and almost everyone has ditched WOW, SWG, and DnL to play this game.

There is a free trial - no time limit that allows you access to the starter isle, where you learn how the game works.

The game has a pretty steep learning curve, but to my lot, that simply proves interesting and a challenge (We like newbie status it feels good. lol) and seems pretty complex at first, especially to those that had only played WOW before.

If you have played/are playing the game, please chuck in your 2c, if you have not, I recommend the trial (See www.mmorpg.com - it has a linky).

For anybody that played it around launch and ditched it due to it being in a state somewhat like what DnL is in, then I recommend taking a second look. It recently had a huge revamp (much like the NCU in SWG) but a revamp that WORKED. Im slowly getting into the game, and see a good future if I can dedicate myself to working my way through yet another MMORPG. The gaming community I am in have thrown themselves whole-heartedly at it, some 20 people ditching all their previous games and taking up this one.
    Athlon 64+ 3700 Sandiego
    Asus a8n sli-delux Mobo
    1gb OCZ EB Pc3200 Ram
    36Gb WD Raptor
    2x120Gb Seagate Baracudda STRIPED RAID
    7900GT XFX graphics

Re: MMORPG: Saga Of Ryzom

ill check it out tonight

I have not heard of this game at all, but from what I've heard....everyone is going from WoW, EQ, etc. to EVE. I can tell you now I bet the learning curve and detail is much more immense in EVE but have fun with this one. When your up for a REAL mmo then go here and sign up www.eve-online.com

I am enjoying this a lot!! Thanks.

Played eve on and off since launch like a boring girlfriend. It piques my interest for a few months then I get bored

kinda reverted back to WOW from SOR. Guess its just a preference, but there you go
    Athlon 64+ 3700 Sandiego
    Asus a8n sli-delux Mobo
    1gb OCZ EB Pc3200 Ram
    36Gb WD Raptor
    2x120Gb Seagate Baracudda STRIPED RAID
    7900GT XFX graphics